San Jose Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jer2911

The Fly
Anyone else notice that on April 9th, there is already an event scheduled (two if the NHL gets back in action) at the HP Pavilion?

Also, I've never been to this arena. How is the security about letting fans on the property to line up for GA hours before the show?

I am trying to call them now but I've been on hold now for 1/2 hour and I am at work so I dont think I will be able to hold any longer :angry:

I've e-mailed the booking manager, so we'll see if I get a response. The date is also not listed the Ticketmaster site, but is listed on the pre-sale site. Hmmmmmmm

Can someone else try to call?

408-287-9200 press 1 then 0.

I was just on hold forever and I cant .. I have to do my work :angry:

It's finally listed on Ticketmaster.

Perhaps the world famous San Jose Stealth has rescheduled their game, but there is still a Sharks game at 2 pm. I know the NHL season is on hold, but I don't believe that games scheduled for 2+ months out have been officially cancelled yet..... ???

This is too weird. What are they going to do about that game and people that have already bought tickets??

Yeah, something smells fishy to me. I can understand a lacrosse game being rescheduled easily since I doubt that many fans would be affected, but if the NHL suddenly starts back up, there is no way a concert could be put on that evening considering the game would get over at about 5 pm.

The only other major arena I know of down there is the Oakland Arena, and they are not booked (as far as I can tell) for the 9th. Maybe that's the back-up plan if the NHL gets going by that time??

Oakland is where I thought they were originally going to play. Man they better get this shit sorted out :mad:

jer2911 said:
It's finally listed on Ticketmaster.

Perhaps the world famous San Jose Stealth has rescheduled their game, but there is still a Sharks game at 2 pm. I know the NHL season is on hold, but I don't believe that games scheduled for 2+ months out have been officially cancelled yet..... ???

the Stealth game is still listed - at the same time as the U2 show :banghead:

That's kind of funny....

(not really for you guys, but I work in events, and have to deal with double bookings from time to time.) My guess is that the Lacrosse game will be rescheduled.

There is a Stealth lacrosse game that is scheduled for 7:30pm, but they will change it to earlier in the day, like noon. I'm 99% sure there will be no hockey this season, so don't worry about the Sharks. Even if the NHL does make a deal, the worst that could happen is they would bump the Lacrosse for that day and fit the Sharks and the concert on the same day.

As far as their policy for lining up for the GA entrance, there is no overnight camping allowed, so its safe to say the lining up could start as soon as early morning. You also need a wristband to get onto the floor, so you'd have to find the people responsible for handing those out.

They have fit 2 events on the same day many times before, so don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Seems hard to possibly have a hockey game at 2 pm and have it get over at around 5 pm. They'd then have to move the floor, etc and set-up the new stage by 7:30..... I'm not in the business, but doesn't that seem awfully hard to do in that time span?

Oh well, they have it scheduled, so it's not my problem, but I'll bring some skates just in case I'm standing on ice :wink:

By the way, do you happen to know how far in advance they are cancelling hockey games?

They officially cancel the games within 30 days of the scheduled date. And again, if there would be a hockey game, they'd have it start at noon on a Saturday if there were to be an event after that. They've done it before with a Sharks game then an indoor football game, although setting up a stage rather than a field would take a lot longer.

no seating chart yet, but what is the Pavillion like in terms of sound ? I live in Sac, and the Echo (uhhh I mean Arco) Arena is horible for sound quality.......

12766s.gif

heh, I'm sure the stage will be more elaborate than a small box. :wink:

So this is confusing :huh:
How come San Diego does not show seats available behind the stage...but here we do?
Im about to lose my mind today with researching all this!!

U2SJ said:
How come San Diego does not show seats available behind the stage...but here we do?

Heh, same here.....that was the first thing I noticed after seeing the San Diego map earlier today.......definitely confusing. If the stage is in the center as rumored, and perhaps even rotating, then I could see all of the seats being open.......but I don't think that rumor is true. I believe that the San Diego map is the accurate one and that the San Jose one will be similar....San Diego's was from their own venue, while the San Jose map was simply done by Ticketmaster. Hmmm.....but then the Ticketmaster one is an actual U2 map....

Ah well, I don't think it really matters too much. I think we'll all get lucky and end up with the GA Floor tickets tomorrow morning as our show isn't as in demand as some of the other ones.....and then we can always hear later how the stage is setup and such.

U2SJ said:

The ticketmaster seating chart for U2 does show seats behind the stage for San Diego, which is also confusing :reject:

I think the "egg" seating chart was the one w/o seats behind the stage, but ticketmaster doesn't have that detailed a chart.

I'm short, so I want seats :lol:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

I'm short, so I want seats :lol:

Yes, seats are the way to go......I repeat, everyone should buy assigned seats, because you all don't want to spend all night on the cold concrete floor do you? I mean the place to be is in the seats. The only reason I'm going for GA is they are more affordable :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom