San Jose Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to the Elevation San Jose shows and had GA for both nights. They don't let you stay the night...I lined up around 7am. I'll call the venue again when it's closer to the show to see what their line up procedures are. Security worked well with the fans, making sure people didn't cut in line, etc. There's an overhead awning too so if it does rain you won't get all wet. Bring sleeping bags and chairs, games, books, lots of water and food...although it does suck waiting all day, it's actually quite fun meeting all the other U2 fans! Good luck everyone in getting tickets!!!

Interesting.....I just checked the HP Pavilion website and they list U2 on April 9th with a stage set-up of "360 degree concert". Not sure if it means in the round, if it's a typo, etc., but to me it would be more of an "end stage" set-up with how the design has been rumored by sites like atu2.com .

Just FYI

jer2911 said:

Yes, seats are the way to go......I repeat, everyone should buy assigned seats, because you all don't want to spend all night on the cold concrete floor do you? I mean the place to be is in the seats. The only reason I'm going for GA is they are more affordable :sexywink:

yes seats are so much better.."swings pendulum in front of everyone's faces" seats are better, seats are better, seats are better.... You don't want GA you want seats!"

gawd, I hope that worked...:wink:

Hmm.....thanks for the info, I'll definitely go with seats instead. :wink:

But yeah, this egg shaped design seems likely.......Bono can run around and it looks kind of like the circley thingies around the band in the "Vertigo" video......a target of sorts (but hopefully not related to the department store)

sandiegoarena.jpg

Last edited:
They can reschedule any hockey stuff to the cow palace. That's where the sharks played before the arena was built anyway.

i really hope it's not a '360 degree' in the round show. Bono can barely keep his footing on stage when it's not moving...

Hey... I'm wondering the same thing. I'm not a U2.com member and want tickets to the sj show. I just hope there will be some left after presale. anyone know?

There will definitely be some tickets available. I'm not a U2.com member either but I'll be ticketmastering it up on Sunday. :wink:

I'm definitely down to meet up. :up:

I'll most likely be bringing my older brother (has never seen U2), and possibly a few more friends if I can get extra tickets on Sunday.

okay, if I buy seats (I'm not sure if I am up for standing/sitting in a line all day for GA) what seating section has the best views? Remember give only good sound advice if you don't want me to buy GA tickets!:wink:

faithingrace said:
okay, if I buy seats (I'm not sure if I am up for standing/sitting in a line all day for GA) what seating section has the best views? Remember give only good sound advice if you don't want me to buy GA tickets!:wink:

I always like the lower tier (guess that's platinum in this case), side stage. You don't have a full frontal view but you're close to the band.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel -- thanks, I'm a Seinfeld fan

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

bratt_cat, Curb Your Enthusiam is the best show EVER. :up:

I've heard that but don't have HBO (although I just added season one of Curb to my netflix queue)!

Are you flying out from Detroit for the San Jose show?

Back
Top Bottom