San Diego Web Cam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I guess I jumped the gun there.........heh, now I remember the arena football set up with the weird goals and such..........hah.........

So I'm guessing U2 is going to practice tomorrow in LA? Then again, it's Easter and they'll probably want to spend it with their families.......I have a feeling a LOT of rehearsing will be going on Monday before the show.

hmmm...........perhaps the band found out about it..........granted, there isn't an event until tonight's hockey game......

:hyper: I'm probably gonna be on the web cam all day now.
They're still working on the floor.

Last edited:
shaun vox said:
fuck the cam is offline!!!!!!!!!:mad:

are you sure the cam was offline? or were you checking it when the lights were off in the arena? i did that once and i was able to zoom into the field and able to see some stuff

Yep, the hockey rink is almost set up.......these guys have been working for about five hours now.....definitely exciting to watch........it's interesting to see that there's straight lines on the uncompleted part.....so I take it the "ice" is really a certain kind of durable material that they water down...

The floor is going down and the huge speakers are being pulled up in the ceiling.

The website clock says 5.30 am, gee these guys work odd hours, but understandable with the time factor these guys must work under.

BigMacPhisto said:
Yep, the hockey rink is almost set up.......these guys have been working for about five hours now.....definitely exciting to watch........it's interesting to see that there's straight lines on the uncompleted part.....so I take it the "ice" is really a certain kind of durable material that they water down...

Nope, that ice is just that...ice. I caught the Allman Brothers at MSG back in 1990 and had a floor seat. Over near the edge that separates the floor from the lower level was an exposed portion of ice. What they do is they cover the ice with floorboards (like what you watched being removed).

Here's a thing from Yahoo about that very thing...

------------------------
We went straight to the official National Hockey League site to answer this question. Sure enough, the About the NHL page says that the ice on a hockey rink is approximately 3/4" thick. The thicker the ice, the softer and slower the ice becomes for skaters -- and hockey players don't want that!

The Science of Hockey site provides further details on rink ice. Bruce Tharaldson, the icemaker for the San Jose Arena, explains the process to create a premium ice surface for hockey. Before the pre-season games start in September, the arena pumps freezing cold salt water through pipes that run under a concrete slab that makes up the arena floor. When the slab is cold enough, layers of water are applied to it. That 3/4" ice surface consists of eight to ten thin layers of ice. The first few layers are painted with game markings and logos. The upper layers seal the paint and provide the playing surface.

This ice stays in place all season long, from September through April -- or even longer if playoff games are necessary. When the arena is used for other sports or musical concerts, a floor is constructed on top of the ice. Arenas maintain the ice by using a Zamboni -- a large mechanical ice resurfacer that scrapes away loose ice, flushes dirt out of grooves, and adds a layer of heated water that freezes and restores a smooth surface.

It takes 10,211 gallons of frozen water to create a hockey rink. The ice is kept at 16 degrees Fahrenheit for hockey playing. However, figure skaters prefer a rink that's kept at 22 degrees Fahrenheit, since they require softer ice to land their jumps.
------------------

So that ice'll be there tomorrow night as well. And no, that floor most likely won't be ice cold, either. ;)

This is awesome! Personally, I think that this camera will be up and running through the U2 show tomorrow night. I just don't think it's on anyone's radar screen. They're too busy setting up for opening night for a massive world tour. I think this is too minor a detail for anyone to catch.

The only issue now may be....how many people can this webcam site handle before we crash it tomorrow? A big pat on the back to whoever found this.

You may be right Knuckle. As they say, "Out of Sight, Out of Mind." I will def. be watching. Maybe playing the album version of COBL on my CPU when the boys come out tommorow to get the full effect. The only problem is that a million people will be messing with that camera and jerking it around the whole time. ERRRRGGG. I wish we could hack in there and let one person control it and focus on the show!!! lol

me thinks so too! I'm not suprised, though. Those wiley Irish guys think of everything!

oh man, why couldn't they just leave it on for us? Would it really matter if some hardcore, devoted fans wanted to watch them set up? Ugggggggggg

Val said:
lets hope someone forgets to turn it off tonight and the am.

i think they didn't turn it off on purpose, might have been a malfunction of sorts?

for the last week its been on 24/7 other than just a few hours ago

edit:

wow the cam is starting to slow down a little with the hockey game starting.. a lot of people are probably viewing it right now

Last edited:
The guys from the crew that we met this morning by the arena said they'd begin setting up tonight and they'd probably be working until about 1AM. Don't know how true that is but maybe the cam will provide some interesting viewing tonight.

ramblin rose said:
The guys from the crew that we met this morning by the arena said they'd begin setting up tonight and they'd probably be working until about 1AM. Don't know how true that is but maybe the cam will provide some interesting viewing tonight.

i think we're all going to end up overloading it

Is it just me or does it look like there's almost nobody at the hockey game?

They should just call the game and get to setting up, IMO.

Edit: Oh, and btw, I'm sure the band's people know about the camera and it probably will be covered or something. The title of this thread should have been something about Bono's hair and maybe we could of had a chance...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom