Same day Random draw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don't see how this is possible, because most people are going to the show WITH someone. I don't see how they could risk separating people like that, especially in the case that a parent is their with their kid.

I'm torn between wanting to laugh at all the line nazis that will cry rivers over this, and wanting to be in the "egg" myself.

laz

it's weird, i'm almost thinking about standing outside the egg and just enjoying the lack of stress.:wink:

I started a thread similar to this the other day and the general consensus seemed to be that this referred to ticket sales only.
Apparently this same line appeared for an Oasis gig but Oasis wasn't doing GA - it was applying to ticket sales only.

Random draw refers to the ticket sales. If you go to a ticketbastard outlet you usually get a wristband with a number on it. If you are "lucky" enough to get wristband #1 - you are truly Fxxx'd. The lovely people at TB randomly pull a number - which was #6 for Elevation and the line reforms behind the person at number six. People that were 1-5 (like me) end up being #'s 151-156. And absolutely no chance at tickets unless they add a 17th show in your city.

I know they are trying to stop scalpers but they really end up hurting the fans that were on the ball enough to be near a ticketmaster outlet when the concert was announced.

Try your luck online and alternatively try calling an outlet that is not in the city you are trying to get tickets for. (ie. Albany for MSG)

They did that to us when we went to TM to buy tickets for the first leg. Fortunately, they do it 15 minutes beforehand so we had enough time to leave and try online b/c we got a shitty draw. It doesn's split anyone up, btw, you stay in the exact same order you lined up in, it just changes who's first.

Back
Top Bottom