Saitama III Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
It's that time again! Saitama III is fast approaching, and personally, I'm eagerly anticipating what U2 will play for the third night. Will LAPOE and Zoo Station return? Will One Tree Hill and All I Want Is You survive? Will Original Of The Species, soundchecked in Melbourne, make a surprise appearance? Where in the setlist will we find Window In The Skies? This should be quite interesting for us setlist watchers.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any source! I hope one shows up. At least our next and final Vertigo Tour party in a few days in Hawaii will have sources!

For those of you wondering about timezones, the show should begin around 7:30pm Japanese time, which is 8:30pm Brisbane time, 10:30am in London, 5:30am in New York, and 2:30am in Los Angeles.

Enjoy, and have a good one! :wave:

I wish I could stay up, but alas I do need a bit of sleep tonight. I'll definitely be here for the Hawaiian party.

Have fun everyone! Hope it's a great show! :up:

No spoken words said:
Oh, man, I might try to stay up for this one.....

We've missed you! It's awesome to see you around these parts. By the way, I'm off to cook dinner now, but I'll reply to your PM straight afterwards.

And ThoraSEB: the Hawaii setlist party is going to rock! :yes:

Thanks, Axver, glad to be back.....

Enjoy dinner, look forward to your reply, really curious about your experiences with seeing the band on your home turf.

Last two shows we didn't have a steady source but someone over at U2tour.de did - German efficiency, I guess. Here's hoping they come through again if we need them :)

Hey Lila.....good to see you. My last set list party, too....I like the symmetry of having been at the first show of the Vertigo tour, and, now, the last one next week. :)

Is the concert on tonight? Oh wait...I'm wearing my T-shirt...I'll just check...

Yep it sure is. I might come back later on. School's over so there's no reason why I can't stay up to 11. Anyway, Im gonna rant about my day today.

I went to the plaza this morning to pick up U218 Singles, praying that the double pack would still be there. Not only did I get the Milan DVD, but I got this package which included the album, the Milan DVD all packaged in a book with lyrics and pictures for $35 bucks!!!! I also found U218 videos, so I cannot wait to see the videos for ISHFWILF, Pride, WOWY, NYD, Streets, SBS, Desire, Walk On, Elevation and Saints! WOOOOO!

After that I went to the movies to see Borat: Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazahkstan, which was f**king hilarious, except I went with my mate and his girlfriend, so yea needless to say it was a bit awkward! But oh well. Then I went to my other mates place to watch the cricket. Shame this test has been so crap.

And now here I sit, SO INCREDIBLY ENVIOUS that the five shows that have been performed since Melb I have been far superior, with the exception of the exclusion of LAPOE. I can't believe U2 just play Bad, The First Time, One Tree Hill, Window in the Skies, Until the End of the World, ISHFWILF the nights I don't see them.

Ah well. I'll be back later.

bono_man2002 said:
Have they played Mofo yet?

Yes! Edge played it on a ukelele while wandering around Kyoto! Rumour has it that it was a rehearsal for Hawaii!

bgmckinney said:

So are you saying mofolele is going to knock vertibanjo out of the setlist? Crap.

Vertibanjo has got old and stale, especially since it lost that snippet of Stratocasters For Boys. Mofolele will really get the crowd going. :up:

bono_man2002 said:
I'm looking forward to Trash, Trombone And The Party Girl...should be good!

Heh, yeah, I think that's pretty much a lock as the second song of the second encore.

The Grand Prediction Of Axver!

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. New Year's Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. Stuck In A Moment or Original Of The Species
8. One Tree Hill
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11-16. Usual stuff

17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. With Or Without You

20. The Saints Are Coming
21. Party Girl
22. Kite or Original Of The Species
23. Bad/40

kennerado said:
Man this set list party got lame fast.

We just need to talk about snippets like we did at the last party!

I found another snippet of Bono singing Madonna's Material Girl at the start of LNOE. :lol:

Also, I don't suppose anyone here has the recently leaked bootleg of Popmart Thessaloniki? I don't ask because I need it; I ask because the snippet at the end of AIWIY has me a little baffled.

I've got a feeling this is LAPOE's last performance for quite a while.

If played tonight, it almost for sure won't make it to Hawaii

Where Is The Love? :sad:

Hello all :wave:

my predict

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. I Still Havent Found
6. Beautiful Day
7. Stuck In A Moment
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
9. One Tree Hill
10-15. Usual stuff

16. The Fly
17. MW
18. With Or Without You

19. The Saints Are Coming
20. Party Girl
21. All I Want Is You
22. Bad/40

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
I've got a feeling this is LAPOE's last performance for quite a while.

If played tonight, it almost for sure won't make it to Hawaii

Where Is The Love? :sad:

Yes, I predict this will be the last performances of LAPOE and Zoo Station for quite some time. Possibly ever.

But I wonder what other sensational stuff will return next tour. Before the start of this tour, 1990-01-09, Rotterdam could claim that three songs played in a row in its main set had never been played live since. Well, Gloria showed up at the second show of Vertigo. One Tree Hill showed up in Auckland. Now we're just waiting for the third, the mighty God Part II, to make its glorious comeback!

I am very surprised LAPOE has become a sometimes only song. Of the shows I saw (all 7 Australian shows) it was a major standout. For a Bomb song the crowds were really into it. And it segues really well into SBS.

bono_man2002 said:
Whoa, Back the truck up...

Have they been rehearsing OOTS?

Yes, OOTS was one of the songs rehearsed at Melbourne I.

I think we would have got Fast Cars had U2 come here when they originally planned to. It was done twice in Latin America. I'm convinced it would have been played in Auckland on Saint Paddy's Day. But I now fear it's gone for good. :sad:

By the way, does anyone know what was soundchecked at Auckland I? I could only faintly hear it. I think I heard COBL, but otherwise, I have no clue and I'd like to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom