Saitama III Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oceane said:

Hi ! :wave:

Yeah how could I forget Hip Hop! Of course, THE main western export to Gambia is American Hip Hop... I probably forgot about it because of my deep hatred for that genre :wink:

Haven't heard that much of Nelly but I can tell you 50 cents is THE man around here. See kids wearing shirts with his face on it and grafittis to his glory everywhere... so sad... Oh well I guess it's not surprising that young Africans will look up to successful African-americans, but why only the bad ones? Around here when young teenage boys 'dress-up' to go out or something it usually means shedding tradionnal dress for a gangsta look...

Yeah, hip hop is really revered here in Saipan. What's funny, is I find the kids out here really cant' fathom the whole black/white racial issue. It's kind of like "How could anyone hate black people? They're the coolest people on earth!"

Axver said:

Heh, that's awesome! Maybe U2 do have a potential Gambian fanbase after all. How about a concert in Banjul of just Adam and Larry? Maybe then the rhythm will be prominent enough for Gambia. :wink:

Maybe a very fringe-like potential... :wink: Problem is, Larry and Adam have clearly failed in writing any music you can actually dance to!

hey maycocksean! :wave: i wonder how different the setlist will be from the night you went!

Well im off to watch heroes for a bit, i'll be back in 45 mins to see whats going on! :D

I'm looking forward to some surprises! :drool:
I put a vote in for a return of LAPOE!

bonolarry.jpg

wooooooooo

Eveyone loves Kylie.Although we in the Uk get Neighbours twice a day,'cos people don't believe how bad it was the first time.

Alisaura said:
Life? What is this life you speak of? :)

Thought I might be late... I guess it hasn't started yet?

Life is this bizarre thing invented by people who are computer illiterate. I'd avoid it if I were you.

The show's probably beginning now, but I'm not so sure we actually have a source ...

oceane said:

Haven't heard that much of Nelly but I can tell you 50 cents is THE man around here. See kids wearing shirts with his face on it and grafittis to his glory everywhere... so sad... Oh well I guess it's not surprising that young Africans will look up to successful African-americans, but why only the bad ones? Around here when young teenage boys 'dress-up' to go out or something it usually means shedding tradionnal dress for a gangsta look...

Yeah, it's a shame. I think it's the "bad ones" partly just because they're the ones who have enough pop culture presence to be visible even in west africa...
Kind of ironic that the trend among black pop musicians is sometimes to embrace "African" styles and motifs, while the trend among young Africans is to embrace American street style. The grass is always greener... cultural exchange is a good thing, though.

dazzlingamy said:
hey maycocksean! :wave: i wonder how different the setlist will be from the night you went!

Well im off to watch heroes for a bit, i'll be back in 45 mins to see whats going on! :D

I'm looking forward to some surprises! :drool:
I put a vote in for a return of LAPOE!

:wave:

I could be selfish and hope for no changes so I won't feel like I missed anything, but I'll be generous and hope they change it up again. I really, really would like to see them bring back Zoo Station.

I'll be taking a call from my wife (she's away on business--so yep no life for me either) and watching Amazing Race so I'll be in and out also.

gmc said:
Eveyone loves Kylie.Although we in the Uk get Neighbours twice a day,'cos people don't believe how bad it was the first time.

Yeah, you Brits get really screwed. I was talking about North America in my post. They may have lots of shit music and TV shows on that continent, but at least they never got as inflicted with Neighbours and its actors wanting to be singers as badly as Australia and the UK did.

circa1992 said:
:wave: Hey everyone!

I'm going to be in and out because i'm trying to get ready for school :sigh:

Like I told bono_man2002 earlier, the Setlist Party controls your mind. School's for the weak! THE WEAK!!!!

:wink:

oceane said:

Maybe a very fringe-like potential... :wink: Problem is, Larry and Adam have clearly failed in writing any music you can actually dance to!

I dance like a mofo to a lot of U2 - a very white, Irish-type of mofo who grew up watching rattle and hum too many times.
Actually maybe dancing is the wrong word for it :wink:

bgmckinney said:

Yeah, it's a shame. I think it's the "bad ones" partly just because they're the ones who have enough pop culture presence to be visible even in west africa...
Kind of ironic that the trend among black pop musicians is sometimes to embrace "African" styles and motifs, while the trend among young Africans is to embrace American street style. The grass is always greener... cultural exchange is a good thing, though.

OK, this has nothing to do with your post, but you seem immensely well-traveled and I can't help but ask, if you don't mind: where exactly are you from?

Axver said:

Like I told bono_man2002 earlier, the Setlist Party controls your mind. School's for the weak! THE WEAK!!!!

:wink:

Yeah!!!!!

Oh, wait. I'm a teacher.

Hi All! :wave:

I have an awfully busy day today, but, hey, exactly a year ago I saw the best U2 show I have ever seen..... My only and first one in GA and a third encore.

Memories.

Hope the guys in Japan get a memorable night as well:dance:

Axver said:

Life is this bizarre thing invented by people who are computer illiterate. I'd avoid it if I were you.

Sounds scary... :ohmy:

I thought we were all so tuned into the band by now that we could telepathically receive the setlist directly...

Gonna go way out on a limb and guess COBL first ;)

*mustplayLAPOE... mustplayLAPOE*

Sounds like the classic......

Mum/Mom I don't want to go to school today.All the kids hate me & the teachers too.But you've got to go to school today you're the Headmaster / Principle.

Alisaura said:

Sounds scary... :ohmy:

I thought we were all so tuned into the band by now that we could telepathically receive the setlist directly...

Gonna go way out on a limb and guess COBL first ;)

*mustplayLAPOE... mustplayLAPOE*

With my mighty telepathic powers and my prophetic ability to see the future, I predict:

... Bono and Edge coming to have dinner at my house tomorrow ...

Wait, wrong prediction.

Ah, here we go:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation

:ohmy:!

Axver said:

OK, this has nothing to do with your post, but you seem immensely well-traveled and I can't help but ask, if you don't mind: where exactly are you from?

If I tell you, it will destroy my whole mystique.
I'm from Baltimore, Maryland originally. Right now I live on the Gold Coast. I've lived a few other places, too - I have a chronic travel problem :)

gmc said:
Sounds like the classic......

Mum/Mom I don't want to go to school today.All the kids hate me & the teachers too.But you've got to go to school today you're the Headmaster / Principle.

Well, I skipped three days of teaching to go see U2 last week so there you go. . .

Priorities, you know.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom