Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He did the Shine like stars thing?! Cool...
Is that an actual snippet of another song, or just something he made up on the JT tour?

And dropping Saints for Window... hmm. Saints rocked so hard it's difficult to imagine Window being better live, but I'll reserve judgement. :wink:

And AIWIY... the full whole song? Complete with string section? Maybe they borrowed those chicks Kanye was performing with... :D

djerdap said:
Delighted to see the Shine Like Stars verse back (is that really a snippet since it is actually a part of With or Without You, and not a verse from another song?).

No, it's not a snippet of anything else, but I guess it's become somewhat of a typical thing to do to note it as a snippet. The perfectionist side of me says it probably shouldn't be noted, but ah well, I think it'a informative to note it.

:uhoh:

sorry to bother you folks again.........

the Aussie/NZ shows started at/ in NYC right in the beginning through pretty much end of the "No 24 -hr NEtcafe TimeHole"...

is Japan any........:scratch: earlier OR later.........:der:

I think i be at the late netcafe for Hawaii........ because that cclocks in around which IS the one I go to for late night Emgenecies OR FUN. {I'm at the Library now }
>>>BUT what is Japan's time here in NYC....an hour later or earlier than AUssie/NZ.<<<

I'm trying to figure out if the rest of the Japaneese shows EITHER END before the nyc netcafe closes here at 4AM, OR
when one of possible 2 or 3 MAY open at 6:00 AM here in NYC.

I can't try it tonight/tomorrow morning here {NO $$}, but by afternoon I will have the $ again .

SO if it's NOT blowing 40 - 50 mph winds here Fri{tomorrow} [ it a possiilty and it has happned TWICE ALREADY in the past 6 weeks :eek: :mad: , and sheared the top half of a tree off 2 small apartment buildings away from us! :yikes: -----]

I might go for the 3AM or 6am possibilty.

But I have to rather know what I'm working with time-wise here as to when the show is on/running from the NYC time. Yeah, I know they almost always start late - I was at 3 arena shows in 05.

:help: :help: :help: is Appreciated!
:)

Last edited:
theu2fly said:
What is the attendance like for Japan, is it sold out

I don't know about Thursday but Weds. night it must have been pretty close to sold out if not sold out. It took a long time for the seats to fill, and just minutes before they came on stage there will still sizable gaps in the mid-balcony area. But when I looked back a bit later during the show everything looked full. But then again visibility wasn't very good then.

I would have loved to hear the "Shine like stars" at the end of With or Without you. Shoulda stayed in Japan. . .I even had an Interferencer willing to sell me an extra ticket at cost for the Thursday show. But I was running out of cash and I figured I'd better get home before I ended up stranded and penniless in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

I got off the wrong end of the subway one night in Tokyo and didn't know where I was, couldn't read the Kana letters, there were no street signs and I didn't recognize any of the buildings. The more I walked the worse it got -- drunken Japanese men weaving down the sidewalks, speeding cars, music blaring out of bars.

I finally hailed a cab and told him where I needed to go. I was about four blocks south east and he got me home in two minutes. That night still haunts me.

silvrlvr said:
I got off the wrong end of the subway one night in Tokyo and didn't know where I was, couldn't read the Kana letters, there were no street signs and I didn't recognize any of the buildings. The more I walked the worse it got -- drunken Japanese men weaving down the sidewalks, speeding cars, music blaring out of bars.

I finally hailed a cab and told him where I needed to go. I was about four blocks south east and he got me home in two minutes. That night still haunts me.

No doubt. I'm probably moving to Tokyo soon so I may end up in such a situation myself. My casual comments about adventure are made from the safety of my room...

silvrlvr said:

That sounds scary... how much did the taxi ride cost?

I'm a bit late to the party, but wanted to jump in and say it looked like a great setlist! :up:

I'm definitely looking forward to what Hawaii will be like. :D

Back
Top Bottom