Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flubbed lyrics or not I reckon dusting off Zoo Station is one of the surprises and highlights of this whole tour. We probably all assumed it was in the "never to be played again" bin but it has worked brilliantly on this tour.

Axver, Sarah and I were so excited for you when you finally got see them in your country and they played OTH! After reading all about the Australia & NZ concerts, they sounded AMAZING!:drool:

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year´s Day
Beautiful Day (u.a. Blackbird-Snippet)
Angel Of Harlem
The First Time (Bono, Edge)
Sometimes You Can´t Make It On Your Own
One Tree Hill
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (with child on stage / mit Kind auf der Bühne)
Bullet The Blue Sky / Johnny-Snippet / Hands That Built America-Snippet
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

AndrewCowley said:
Flubbed lyrics or not I reckon dusting off Zoo Station is one of the surprises and highlights of this whole tour. We probably all assumed it was in the "never to be played again" bin but it has worked brilliantly on this tour.

Yep, You would have had to have seen my jaw drop at the LA Rehearsal.

Same With Electric Co/An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart.

Same When LAPOE opened Anaheim I

circa1992 said:
Axver, Sarah and I were so excited for you when you finally got see them in your country and they played OTH! After reading all about the Australia & NZ concerts, they sounded AMAZING!:drool:

Thank you! It was such a thrill to finally see U2 in New Zealand - it barely felt real. I kept looking around me before the first gig with a big grin on my face, thinking "wow, they really ARE at Mt Smart Stadium!" It was quite awesome.

OTH was sooo mindblowing, you cannot imagine. :combust:

AndrewCowley said:

Yep, I never would have predicted it to return.

However, I think the biggest shock has to be The Ocean. It can claim the title of U2 song with the longest gap between performances. I'm still surprised they chose it, of all songs, to play.

Axver said:

Thank you! It was such a thrill to finally see U2 in New Zealand - it barely felt real. I kept looking around me before the first gig with a big grin on my face, thinking "wow, they really ARE at Mt Smart Stadium!" It was quite awesome.

It felt the same to me - especially because i feel as though i spend half my life at Mt Smart Stadium.

RavenBlue said:
So WIIS Saints and Kite next possibly?

I think Saints and then two out of WITS, Desire, and Kite. I'm just not sure which two of the three to pick!

Or maybe they'll just surprise us. They're starting to get into a nice habit of doing that!

kennerado said:
Next tour I say they play A Sort of Homecoming.

Throw in a couple of other mindblowing rarities and I may just break my vow of "no U2 gigs after hearing OTH close" to see that.

coolian2 said:
This is the most setlist free setlist partay yet.

Heh, no it's not! There was at least one from Europe last year where we didn't get any of the set at all until well after the show was over.

We still made it to a second thread, I believe! Those European parties were good times, with folk like U2Man and zwervers2.

timothius said:
That Angel snippet has me stumped, and Google too if it's throwing up pages like http://chrisrumble.com/work8.htm as potential answers. :lol:

Heh! I'd swear some of the melody of Dirty Old Town is used as the basis of part of the snippet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom