Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't found the first night anywhere. I know it has been taped by two people though, to pretty high quality.

On the subject of Elevation, U2.com claim there was some Pearl Jam involved with it on night two.

I noticed those lines in WOWY, i was hoping it was the start of some extended Love Will Tear Us Apart. It sounds like improv.

Angel nearly done.

bono_man2002 said:

Where Is The Love!!??

It was one of the highlights with Bono trying to drum :shrug:

I'm all for changing the setlist...but they could have taken out something else :)

Maybe it'll be back for the third show.. or Hawaii maybe. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;)

Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets

coolian2 said:
I haven't found the first night anywhere. I know it has been taped by two people though, to pretty high quality.

On the subject of Elevation, U2.com claim there was some Pearl Jam involved with it on night two.

I noticed those lines in WOWY, i was hoping it was the start of some extended Love Will Tear Us Apart. It sounds like improv.

Angel nearly done.

Cool, thanks! I don't remember any Pearl Jam from Elevation on night two, but if you have the recording of that, I'd really appreciate an upload.

Axver said:

Are you just bullshitting, or has he really done that?

Natural he first did actually with Sheryl Crow, but has done a few times after. That Sister Madly was from the Woodface Dublin show - it's just Nick & Neil trading snippets. The LA Woodface Launch had some good ones too - Chocolate Cake / Rock The Casbah / You Sexy Thing etc. :wink:

Axver said:

How do you feel about the whole non-performance of the Haka controversy? I feel it got blown way out of proportion by the two unions being excessively pedantic and petty.

Meh. I'm more surprised that it appened between us and the Welsh. Along with Scotland and ourselves, Wales have always seemed to be the most "traditional", for lack of a better word. If it was a tacitc, based on the first 15 minutes it backfired in a big way.

Axver said:

Cool, thanks! I don't remember any Pearl Jam from Elevation on night two, but if you have the recording of that, I'd really appreciate an upload.

I've listened and listened, i can't find anything out of the ordinary in that Elevation, apart from i got you.

Unless a Pearl Jam song goes love, love dove...

I'll upload it now...

greety said:

No problem, you weren't to know I'm living just south of you ;)

You could be living in Botswana for all I know and I can image people there don't know things like that ;)

Thanks for that, coolian2! :up:

timothius said:
Natural he first did actually with Sheryl Crow, but has done a few times after. That Sister Madly was from the Woodface Dublin show - it's just Nick & Neil trading snippets. The LA Woodface Launch had some good ones too - Chocolate Cake / Rock The Casbah / You Sexy Thing etc. :wink:

:lol: That's hilarious!

Meh. I'm more surprised that it appened between us and the Welsh. Along with Scotland and ourselves, Wales have always seemed to be the most "traditional", for lack of a better word. If it was a tacitc, based on the first 15 minutes it backfired in a big way.

Yeah, honestly, I thought Australia would have tried to pull something like that on us much sooner (I just love how their attempts to reply to the Haka with Waltzing Matilda are so weak). The Welsh certainly put their foot in it though - the All Blacks came out firing in a big way. Maybe we should get opposing unions to piss off the Blacks before big matches though, just to fire them up more. :wink:

coolian2 said:

I've listened and listened, i can't find anything out of the ordinary in that Elevation, apart from i got you.

Unless a Pearl Jam song goes love, love dove...

I'll upload it now...

Hmm. Certainly wouldn't be the first time U2.com published total bullshit. I wonder if they are perhaps thinking of what I think I heard at the end of Elevation on night one? I hope I can get my hands on a recording of that soon.

Axver said:

Hmm. Certainly wouldn't be the first time U2.com published total bullshit. I wonder if they are perhaps thinking of what I think I heard at the end of Elevation on night one? I hope I can get my hands on a recording of that soon.

Maybe Larry just ate a Jam Sandwhich before going on stage....You know how U2.com is!

pjotr said:
These parties aren't a good influence on my theses hahaha

Pfft, theses. Who needs theses when we can talk about Bono snippeting bizarre songs? :wink:

Actually, to be a bit more serious and return to one of the earlier topics, reminiscing about old setlist parties, this party really does feel like one from old times. Why? Because I'm posting way too fucking much! I know that at some of the old setlist parties, my post count would go up by more than 100 in the space of a couple of hours ... :lol:

Axver said:

My only guess is that it, if anything, it would have been a night one snippet.

Axver said:

Pfft, theses. Who needs theses when we can talk about Bono snippeting bizarre songs? :wink:

Actually, to be a bit more serious and return to one of the earlier topics, reminiscing about old setlist parties, this party really does feel like one from old times. Why? Because I'm posting way too fucking much! I know that at some of the old setlist parties, my post count would go up by more than 100 in the space of a couple of hours ... :lol:
Hm, yes. 26809 posts and counting. Don't know how you do it.

OK, I'm listening to AOH right now and I remember what I first thought Bono was snippeting on the night: Dirty Old Town. But then I made out some of the lyrics and it clearly wasn't it. The tune still reminds me of Dirty Old Town though ...

AndrewCowley said:

Hm, yes. 26809 posts and counting. Don't know how you do it.

I have too much to say about setlists? :wink:

I suspect my post count wouldn't be half of what it is without the setlist parties.

Axver said:

I know that at some of the old setlist parties, my post count would go up by more than 100 in the space of a couple of hours ... :lol:

So THAT'S how you get 26,000 posts... ;) And I haven't even hit 500, and I've been registered for ages. *L* My bad for getting distracted away for so long.

*scuttles off to bed*

circa1992 said:
No WITS today?

Not yet, but we're only up to the end of the main set.

Actually, that makes me rethink my earlier encore prediction. I do think WITS will reappear today, so perhaps the second encore will be:

Saints
(Maybe Desire?)
WITS
Kite

Yep setlist parties are the place to up the ante of post counts, if that's your bag. Usually I'd read through the thread first, then post when I caught up... but usually by then I'd already be behind again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom