Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:

Bring Back the Love And Peace.........Or Else! :evil:

Hear hear!! Go LAPOE, go!

Axver said:

According to Willie's diary, although Bad was on the original set, it was only there for if the show went well. If it hadn't gone so well, they were going to end on Kite.

That explains the little huddle. I saw that and thought it was unplanned, but I guess they were just comparing notes about how well we'd behaved ourselves. :D Yay! We got a treat for being a good little audience! :wink:

... He then had to yell Adam's name a few times because Adam was still on the WOWY page! :lol:

Come on, Adam probably hardly has to think about the WOWY bass line so he was probably miles away on autopilot... :D Sounds like an awesome moment to witness though. :)

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year´s Day
Beautiful Day (u.a. Blackbird-Snippet)
Angel Of Harlem
The First Time (Bono, Edge)
Sometimes You Can´t Make It On Your Own
One Tree Hill
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (with child on stage / mit Kind auf der Bühne)
Bullet The Blue Sky

Alisaura said:
Come on, Adam probably hardly has to think about the WOWY bass line so he was probably miles away on autopilot... :D Sounds like an awesome moment to witness though. :)

Yeah, exactly - Adam's off on WOWY autopilot while Bono's screaming for Out Of Control and Edge is scrambling for the right guitar. It was hilarious.

And then they totally flubbed the song - it was easily the worst technical performance of the song. However, for the energy and enthusiasm it represented, I would also consider it to be one of the best performances!

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year´s Day
Angel Of Harlem
One Tree Hill
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (with child on stage)
Bullet The Blue Sky

Axver said:

Oh? I didn't know about that snippet! We don't have it recorded on U2VT - I suppose because I don't have the ManRay bootleg! I do know that back at a few 1984 gigs, Bono snippeted a song called Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien, though.

Jaqc Brel is indeed from Belgium but this country is bilangual and the song is in French so Bono didn't mess up there....

RavenBlue said:
Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year´s Day
Angel Of Harlem
One Tree Hill
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (with child on stage / mit Kind auf der Bühne)
Bullet The Blue Sky

:sad: WHERE IS THE LOVE??

coolian2 said:
I'm still irritated by whatever was snippeted at the end of Angel of Harlem at Auckland 2.

Its just too damn familiar (and good) to be improv

Yeah, when I heard it, I thought "Bono's snippeting something ... but WHAT?"

Do you have a recording of it?

RavenBlue said:
Right into SBS and BTBS...

OK, that's just weird. I really can't imagine OTH --> SBS. At least Bad had the 40 snippet, which allowed the segue to be cohesive.

Axver said:

What if this were Neil Finn's snippetry? I'm sure you'd drop everything for that. :wink:

Also, it's nice to see the All Blacks bloody demolishing everyone. I don't suppose you caught the game against Wales though?

You mean stuff like, It's Only Natural / You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman or Sister Madly / Lady Marmalade / Do Ya Think I'm Sexy / The Sound Of Music? :wink:

I managed to catch all games sans England (which wasn't on Fox). Very, very, very confident heading into the cup. The first half vs Wales was great, the 2nd half was ruined by a pedantic ref. Your thoughts?

Live For Ever (Oasis) @ Manchester last year,yer man snippeted that.Milan Vertigox2 u2.communications cd REM's The End Of The World As We Know It And I Feel Fine.......

timothius said:

You mean stuff like, It's Only Natural / You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman or Sister Madly / Lady Marmalade / Do Ya Think I'm Sexy / The Sound Of Music? :wink:

Are you just bullshitting, or has he really done that?

I managed to catch all games sans England (which wasn't on Fox). Very, very, very confident heading into the cup. The first half vs Wales was great, the 2nd half was ruined by a pedantic ref. Your thoughts?

I only caught the Wales game, which is why I asked about it, heh. Well, that and because I bloody hated the ref. Initially it seemed like he had an overwhelming bias against New Zealand, but after that penalty try, I think he was just too eager. I'm still not quite sure why the hell we got that penalty try, but I'm not complaining!

This team is fantastic. Whenever a substitution is made, I find myself thinking "why wasn't that guy on the park at kickoff?!" We've got so much depth, it's fantastic. I feel much better about this Cup than I do about 1999 or 2003. It helps that Australia, England, and South Africa have all been falling off lately. :wink:

How do you feel about the whole non-performance of the Haka controversy? I feel it got blown way out of proportion by the two unions being excessively pedantic and petty.

RavenBlue said:
So what do you all think lurks in the encores?

Will Kite close?

Come on Zoo Station!

I think Bad / 40 will close.

Hopefully Zoo Stations comes back...or Love And Peace can kick start the encore :hmm:....(Very Unlikely!)

RavenBlue said:

Will Kite close?

Come on Zoo Station!

Praying for an elevation tour closing with Walk On/ Hallelujah........not beeing very realistic I guess

coolian2 said:

I have all of Auckland 2. Shall i upload Angel?

Angel would be great, thanks!

Also, do you have Elevation from the first night? I suspect there may have been something else right at the end ...

At one of the Auckland shows, I forget which but I suspect it was the first, Bono also added some lines to the end of WOWY that I didn't recognise. Something about "don't leave your love" or "live your love"? I'm not sure if it was improv or a proper snippet.

Axver said:

Oh? I didn't know about that snippet! We don't have it recorded on U2VT - I suppose because I don't have the ManRay bootleg! I do know that back at a few 1984 gigs, Bono snippeted a song called Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien, though.

I've listened to it now and yes there is a whole verse of Ne me quitte pas in Bad. (of course his french is not that clear :wink: )

Ne me quitte pas
Il faut oublier
Tout peut s'oublier
Qui s'enfuit déjà
Oublier le temps
Des malentendus
Et le temps perdu
A savoir comment
Oublier ces heures
Qui tuaient parfois
A coups de pourquoi
Le cœur du bonheur
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas

RavenBlue said:

Will Kite close?

Come on Zoo Station!

I think Kite's back in.

I'm calling Zoo Station for the third Saitama gig, and it will be the last performance ever (or at least for a very long time) of the song.

My guess for tonight's encore:
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
WOWY
Saints
Desire
Kite

RavenBlue said:
You're really missing LAPOE aren't you bono_man :wink:

Where Is The Love!!??

It was one of the highlights with Bono trying to drum :shrug:

I'm all for changing the setlist...but they could have taken out something else :)

greety said:

I've listened to it now and yes there is a whole verse of Ne me quitte pas in Bad. (of course his french is not that clear :wink: )

Ne me quitte pas
Il faut oublier
Tout peut s'oublier
Qui s'enfuit déjà
Oublier le temps
Des malentendus
Et le temps perdu
A savoir comment
Oublier ces heures
Qui tuaient parfois
A coups de pourquoi
Le cœur du bonheur
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas
Ne me quitte pas

Ooh, thanks for that! I've added it to the set over on U2VT. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom