Saitama I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
djerdap said:
I totally agree with the reviewer. 1st Vertigo leg ruled, in terms of setlists. Despite some surprises, the sets aren´t what they´ve used to be.

This might be true for us, but put yourself in the bands shoes, trying to come up with a pleasing setlist for a country that hasn't seen them in over 8 years. Plus, they are now promotion u218, so it makes sense to pull two spots for the new songs.

What happened to linking Boy to Atomic Bomb through brilliant performances of Electric Co., An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, The Ocean, etc.? Why has the latter album been relegated to THREE songs tonight!?!?! That's ridiculous!
aren't they playing there for three nights, though? there's time to play all the songs.

but a word to the wise for the band: you've only got one night in honolulu. we wanna hear love and peace or else! :wink:

Impressive setlist for the most part. I have to say, despite the typical setlist bitching from this tour. U2 has really tried to do something different on every single leg.

I'm sort of surprised One Tree Hill was played again. Gives it a good shot to be done in Hawaii now. I guess its no longer that "special" song only for NZ. :shrug: Thats a good thing IMO. Really surprised they attempted Window this late in the tour. Encouraging changes for the future, maybe they have finally decided to step somewhat out of the rehearsal comfort zone. Lets hope they continue the trend when the next tour comes along.

The Vertigo Tour is ending :sad: The Very First Tour I ever watched them live ........ Already makin me miss it

But Tk God there's the Imax movie comin

:wink:

I'm pretty sure Bono (and Edge) sang all of WITS themselves.

I'd be curious to here what 4U2 thinks. He was just a few feet from me on the railing. Nothing came across recorded to me.

I really like that song a LOT!

Axver said:
Here's my set from U2VT. I think it has the most snippets of any versions floating around thus far.

Source: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1503.html

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
7. Window In The Skies
8. Walk On
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Bad / 40 (snippet)
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

encore(s):
17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You
20. The Saints Are Coming
21. Angel Of Harlem
22. One Tree Hill

Only one snippet that I think you missed which was "Satisfaction" which came at the end of The Fly if I recall correctly.

maycocksean said:

Only one snippet that I think you missed which was "Satisfaction" which came at the end of The Fly if I recall correctly.

Ah, thanks for that. Bono's added Satisfaction to the end of The Fly at a few previous Vertigo shows. I didn't think it would show up this leg (the earliest instances were around the time when U2 and the Stones were both in South America), but it did at the final Auckland show and I was glad to hear it.

We also got a submission over on U2VT that You'll Never Walk Alone was snippeted at the end of Walk On, just like in Auckland. I thought that was a really good and appropriate snippet.

Oh, by the way, are you attending any of the other two Saitama shows?

*reads 20 pages of catch-up party*

*eyes bleed* :|

Wow. All I can say is, I hope I never see so many U2 shows that I'd get tired of LAPOE, Mysterious Ways, or Bullet. Is anyone sick of Vertigo? They must have played that at every single Vertigo show. But it goes off live, as does LAPOE (in my humble opinion). And ever since I saw the ZooTV video, Mysterious Ways has been one of my favourite songs, live and on the album. That guitar solo/bit at the end... :drool:

I've seen a couple of times people say that the Vertigo tour has had songs from every album... I saw someone mention Gloria, but I was wondering, what song(s) from Pop have been played?

The only song I would rather have seen replaced, in the 2 shows I've seen, was Stuck in a Moment. Okay, it has relevance in Australia, but I've never liked it. Even the other songs on ATYCLB were good live, but they lost me with that one.

All the same, I would rather see U2 play Stuck 22 times in a row, than not see them at all. :D

Alisaura said:

Don't be so quick to say that! Please was snippeted quite a bit during Bullet last year. I have been led to believe that the band had worked on a full version of the song and thought about adding it to the set around the time of their four night stand in Chicago in May, but never did. That does stack up with the fact that it was at those Chicago shows that the Please snippetry began.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom