rumors about U2 touring partners for europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
ok this came from a Oasis fan forum which the guy who posted it is preety reliable.

None of this is set in stone yet and I know first question to me will be "source?". I cannot provide that right now but I will say its from a TRUE insider and thats no exaggeration. It will all play out in the coming months so save the mudslinging. I begged for it practically in an email and then had to beg for the ability to post it. I wasnt given anything concrete as in exact details and you're getting what I know.
-----

Album - Has been recorded FULLY 2 times already and is on a third. At least 20 songs have been written/test driven in the studio(s). First was DIV, second was a variety of people including Stent and Noel, and third is unknown and is for certain a third party and a name not previously mentioned and is someone wellknown.

Single - Due early December (pushing it), likely January or February release, with the album to follow in April. There have been 4 lead singles chosen but the band (guess who lol) keeps changing their mind.

Tour - Short to start, start in the US, tour of England and brief Euro and Aussie trips. Dates with U2 are HIGHLY likely, which includes a stadium tour of Europe. Return trip to America not guaranteed (when I say America Im including Canada and Latin/South America).

Strife between the brothers/band - There's been some but its been nothing major. Typical shit.

How about Duran Duran? They have a new album coming out. I've seen them in concert twice in recent years and they put on a great show. Just a thought. Oasis would be an excellent choice, also!!!!

Europe & US I'd be amazed if Oasis toured with anyone. In Europe at least they are still a stadium band in their own right so have no real need to go on the road with anyone else. They also have their own album to promote and aren't going to be doing that by playing a support slot to someone elses fans. Same goes for Duran Duran, album & tour next year of their own.

Well, I don't know in which country in Europe Oasis can still fill a whole stadium by themselves (probably Great Britain), but not in the Netherlands! They'll probably sell out an arena, but definitely not a stadium over here.

Back
Top Bottom