Rumored opening act for U2 Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:

:drunk:

Thats why I asked! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

After Paul's passing in March, Mick Molloy played some of the highlights of Paul on his and Tony's show. One of them was Paul's account of that show in Adeladie... I was literally crying with laughter the way he mocked himself and the Oils was priceless, I have the mp3... I should up it. :shifty:

You are so blessed to have come from that era. :yes:

hessie was hilarious on the night and looked well and truly knackered at the end...it was the tour when the oils used the spinning wheel to pick the set list and the look on hessies face when ever it landed on a song that he didnt know!!

...what era have i come from???

reptile said:

hessie was hilarious on the night and looked well and truly knackered at the end...it was the tour when the oils used the spinning wheel to pick the set list and the look on hessies face when ever it landed on a song that he didnt know!!

...what era have i come from???

The era that was able to see Midnight Oil & Crowded House. :( (19 year old here :wave: )

I'm just ysing the clip now. It is so brilliant, you're comment about him being knackerred makes this even more funnier! :lmao:

timothius said:

The era that was able to see Midnight Oil & Crowded House. :( (19 year old here :wave: )

I'm just ysing the clip now. It is so brilliant, you're comment about him being knackerred makes this even more funnier! :lmao:

lemee see lemmee see!!!

how can you be only 19 and have 3 children???remember how willing you where to sacrifice them? Nice work if you Do have 3 kids already:ohmy:

reptile said:

lemee see lemmee see!!!

how can you be only 19 and have 3 children???remember how willing you where to sacrifice them? Nice work if you Do have 3 kids already:ohmy:

I will let you hear :wink: . It's coming. :hyper:

I would sacrifice my first three if they existed (maybe the fourth - depending what line-up :lol: ). Thankully no kiddies yet. :up:

//

reptile: http://s32.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JYPH0A3937TV0YIXMNV1DVDCH :sexywink:

Enjoy. :lmao:

Last edited:
Copy the link from the "http://" all the way to "DVDCH", paste it into the address bar, then take the space out between "you" and "sendit", hit enter.

You should be sweet. :wink:

If that fails I will mail it. :hyper:

reptile said:

yes indeed! entertainment centre has hopeless acoustics unfortunatly but i wouldnt have missed it for the world. have never seen the enz but did see tha house twice, once at Thebarton theatre (best venue in the world) together alone tour and at Womadelaide during which Tim made an appearance

I saw that Thebby one, and by Womad, do you mean where Tim played with Liam from Hothouse Flowers and Andy White? Now that was a stonking gig, brilliant music in the parklands on a stinking hot night! :drool:

As for U2 supports, what about End of Fashion?

Anyway reptile, don't you have a CD to flog? :shifty:

timothius said:

Just downloaded:

:lmao: :lol: :lmao:

blueeyedgirl said:

I saw that Thebby one, and by Womad, do you mean where Tim played with Liam from Hothouse Flowers and Andy White? Now that was a stonking gig, brilliant music in the parklands on a stinking hot night! :drool:

The WOMAD festival gig I have is the Saturday Night (3/14/92), Tim played on the Sunday Night with them. I think Tim played with ALT there either the year of or after Peter Gabriel played there [edit: it was the year after 1995 - other notable acts were The Mutton Birds, Vika & Linda, The Cruel Sea & Christine Anu] (speaking of which Adeladie has had the only PG shows in Australia ever right?)

Flog it reptile. :mad:

Last edited:
Axver said:
:huh: Why would anyone play Adelaide and only Adelaide?

Because it was part of his WOMAD festival. :shrug:

I was wrong though, he did play one show in Perth as well.

Also, one could say it isn't all about the money. But then again maybe it was, by bringing his Secret World tour here (more advanced than ZooTV) somone would have lost truckloads... ala ZooTV. :happy:

Last edited:
timothius said:

The WOMAD festival gig I have is the Saturday Night (3/14/92), Tim played on the Sunday Night with them. I think Tim played with ALT there either the year of or after Peter Gabriel played there [edit: it was the year after 1995 - other notable acts were The Mutton Birds, Vika & Linda, The Cruel Sea & Christine Anu] (speaking of which Adeladie has had the only PG shows in Australia ever right?)

Flog it reptile. :mad:

OK I saw ALT, not the House. And that was 2 years after Peter Gabriel (it used to be every 2 years but now I think it's annual). I also saw PG when he played a solo show at the Entertainment Centre (prob a year or so after his WOMAD appearance).

I do remember wanting to watch the Mutton Birds' set but having to leave halfway to get a spot down the front for ALT. Deffo worth it, just to see Tim in his luuuurrvely sarong. :lol:

timothius said:

Because it was part of his WOMAD festival. :shrug:

I was wrong though, he did play one show in Perth as well.

No Melbourne or Sydney? :huh:

How peculiar.

I suppose the only Kiwi gig was in Picton then?

blueeyedgirl said:

As for U2 supports, what about End of Fashion?

flogging cd......go to www.musicsa.com.au hit artist then go to peter mciver...you will find samples of 10 tracks from his debut solo album 'Before it ends-let it begin' He's not bad apparently...never heard of him myself....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom