Rumor of the Boss in NJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
I heard a rumor that Bruce Springsteen will join U2 on stage in NJ on May 18th to perform ISHFWILF. That would rock cause I am going to this show. Could this be true?

SMB

I just did.... He has no show on May 18th and is doing a show at the CAA on May 19th..... That is a perfect fit my friends.

SMB

Sure is a perfect fit! And he's doing Philly on the 17th, so he's around home. I was thinking about the possibility of a Boss appearance even before his tour dates were announced. After they were announced, I was thinking about it even more! We shall see...

how about this this one Bruce is Playing Boston 5/20
U2 is Playing Boston 5/24.....

Wait late brking rumor ...
It has now been confirmed Both Bands will be playing..... in May in Boston

Film at Eleven

He is also playing Chicago on 5-11-05, and has no show on 5-12-05.

Its all speculation and conjecture. I think he could be at some of these shows but that doesnt mean he will perform. Even IF Bruce joins them on stage at any of these shows, it certainly hasnt been planned at this point. So I would say with about 99% degree of certainty its all BS rumor. People are just looking at the schedules and drawing conclusions where the intersect. Just like we are doing on this thread.

Also keep in mind New Jersey is the Boss's home. He rules on CAA. It would be cool if he did perform. Shoot, I just wanna hear them play ISHFWILF. I've seen the more than once, I have never heard them play it.

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
Also keep in mind New Jersey is the Boss's home. He rules on CAA. It would be cool if he did perform. Shoot, I just wanna hear them play ISHFWILF. I've seen the more than once, I have never heard them play it.

SMB

Bruce has been at many of their shows at that arena in the past and didnt perform with them. Doesnt mean he will this time. Might happen, but I'm saying it hasnt been planned at this point. That type of thing typically would be off the cuff either a day or so before the show or even the day of the show. So, someone saying they know its going to happen is full of crap at this point IMO. :shrug:

starsgoblue said:

My wild imagination is imagining him coming on stage for Bono's birthday show.....and me promptly having a bird. !!!!

Only time will tell.....there's no way to know for sure after all.

Would be cool but definately wont happen. Bruce plays a show on the 10th. I think its in Minnesota. Wish I was going to be in Chicago this time. Looks like its going to be another great atmosphere. It always is.

Last edited:
everytime u2 plays new jersey, there is always a rumor that springsteen might show up. it's yet to actually happen, though.

this is bruce's schedule for that week...

May 17 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
May 19 East Rutherford, NJ The Theater at Continental Airlines Arena
May 20 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
May 24 Dublin, Ireland The Point

so the only day he could show up at jersey... the 18th... is his day off. so i wouldn't bet on it, but there's always a chance.

Back
Top Bottom