Rome Setlist Party Thread I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh to be in Rome tonight, something special is gonna go down...I can just feel it !! Oh the excitment. And i'm here in Dorset in the south of England watching Saturday night TV and waiting for a curry to arrive!!

kellyahern said:

and I feel less like a nut for desperately hunting for cheap vegas air fares (does anyone know any? :sad: ). Of course, I haven't got tickets to the concerts yet either . . . :shifty:

I want to go to Vegas sooooooooo much too!!!!!! My best friend & I are still talking about trying to make it out there.

Vegas, Baby, Vegas!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Updates from u2tour.de:

In Rome it is to be further rather unclear; approx.. 3500 humans sit completely indiscriminately before the stadium in breeding heat.

The sound check runs and it is along-sung.

Hello everyone! Had an early night so I'm awake and here for this show.

Harbinger said:
Just in time, Axver...

01 Vertigo
02 I Will Follow

Woohoo! Though I don't suppose we'll see any surprises today.

Well, there are a couple of things that we can speculate about - though they're not terribly exciting:

1) Whether they'll play AIWIY or WGRYWH (probably the most interestng question)
2) Whether they'll keep playing Miss Sarajevo now that the DVD is done (I hope so)
3) Where OOTS will be in the encore - before of after ABOY

2 days ago in milan............................i'm still not awake...........what a dream, people........what a dream
how fantastic was the stadium with 70000 cryin and singin............what an atmosphere, what a dream came alive.........at the end of the concert i stood in front of the stage for 10 minutes, shocked, i heard nothing anymore, although 70000 were around me, it was just me, the stage, the imagine of the guys in my mind, and the whistle in my ears.....................

Harbinger said:
Well, there are a couple of things that we can speculate about - though they're not terribly exciting:

1) Whether they'll play AIWIY or WGRYWH (probably the most interestng question)
2) Whether they'll keep playing Miss Sarajevo now that the DVD is done (I hope so)
3) Where OOTS will be in the encore - before of after ABOY

1. AIWIY. Doubt there'll be a change for the rest of the tour.
2. Probably.
3. I think that's the only one that's really open to debate. Should be interesting.

CHINNERS141169 said:
Oh to be in Rome tonight, something special is gonna go down...I can just feel it !! Oh the excitment. And i'm here in Dorset in the south of England watching Saturday night TV and waiting for a curry to arrive!!

I just had chicken curry :ohmy:

babyman said:
2 days ago in milan............................i'm still not awake...........what a dream, people........what a dream
how fantastic was the stadium with 70000 cryin and singin............what an atmosphere, what a dream came alive.........at the end of the concert i stood in front of the stage for 10 minutes, shocked, i heard nothing anymore, although 70000 were around me, it was just me, the stage, the imagine of the guys in my mind, and the whistle in my ears.....................

Was it 70000 for the 2 nights combined (35000 each night) or 70000 for each night? I was there (Milano 1 and 2) as well, but didn't manage to count :D

Looking at the dates left of this leg, unfortunately, I think you might be right, Axver. I'm still going to be optomistic and hope for at least one mroe appearence of WGRYWH, though.

toreurke said:

Was it 70000 for the 2 nights combined (35000 each night) or 70000 for each night? I was there (Milano 1 and 2) as well, but didn't manage to count :D

Considering the size of that stadium, it's safe to say that it was 70,000 each night.

Harbinger said:
Looking at the dates left of this leg, unfortunately, I think you might be right, Axver. I'm still going to be optomistic and hope for at least one mroe appearence of WGRYWH, though.

I think today is one of my pessimistic days. :wink:

I'm sure they won't play the exact same setlist for the rest of the tour, though. Something will change.

And I bet Party Girl will appear at at least one Spanish show.

Axver said:

Considering the size of that stadium, it's safe to say that it was 70,000 each night.

Ear-deafening it was anyway. Sitting here in Norway, I still have slight ringing in my ears from screaming Italians less than 48 hours ago.

Mullen4Prez said:
When was the last time they played until the end of the world? How many times have they played it so far on this tour and what gigs did they play it at?

2005-05-12, 2005-05-26, 2005-05-28, 2005-06-09 (rehearsal), 2005-05-10.

I wish it would come back; it was so awesome in Boston.

Hey Setlisters :wave: This setlist-party-in-the-middle-of-the-day thing is just so odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom