Right guys.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
quite liked it really lol, i read somewhere he has sang the whole song with that voice in one show?

it all reminded me of the re-birth of McPhisto

which show??? Find out...that I would love to hear:lol:

brwh1 said:
KUEFC09U2 is a tad oversensitive who's got obviously nothing better to do than fly off the handle when people have the gall to express an opinion critical of u2.
yesterday i posted my opinions on some aspects of the current show and he went crazy.
for someone like me who has seen u2 since 1987, i feel entitled to give critique on what ive seen. over 20 shows.

bono's performance in berlin was one of the most risable things i've ever seen from a perfomer on stage. basically passing judgement on the german chancellor in front of 80,000 germans.
if he wants to do that let him get fucking elected.
i paid 50€ to see a concert and the usual reasonable amount of bono speak. not a fuckin rally.
his g8 mission has and will prove to have done fuck all.
"i'm just after gettin off a plane from the g8"
"lets applaud chancellor schroeder. but hold yer applause until tomorrow. if he signs then he's a hero!"

for the record, still a great band, croke park saturday was in my top few gigs. fortunately bono rightly feels that the irish audience doesnt take his crap like evryone else.

i wqas also lambasted for mentioning "blind interferencers".
does this concept not exist? like an american i met in dublin who travels worldwide (presumably with daddys credit card) to see the shows to get their "spiritual fix", falling off every word bono says.

i would prefer to get my spiritual fix from somewhere substantial.

from what i've seen this year 90% of those at modern u2 concerts havent a fuckin clue.

I must say that Bono was very mild in amsterdam too...just mentoined that we give alot and he thanked us:wink:

you are right about the 90% but you can say that for people in general unfortunately...:wink:

KEUF,
don't go:hug: maybe just stay out of the negative threads for a while. If it looks like a bashing thread I don't go in cuz it brings me down.

This is a huge forum you know. You don't have to stay in here. There's lots of fun in the lemonade stand!

:hug: Kathie

redkat said:
KEUF,
don't go:hug: maybe just stay out of the negative threads for a while. If it looks like a bashing thread I don't go in cuz it brings me down.

This is a huge forum you know. You don't have to stay in here. There's lots of fun in the lemonade stand!

Kathie is sweet!!!!:wink:

problably the nicest sentence I have seen today:
There's lots of fun in the lemonade stand!

sounds like a fun fair or something:wink:

brwh1 said:
KUEFC09U2 is a tad oversensitive who's got obviously nothing better to do than fly off the handle when people have the gall to express an opinion critical of u2.
yesterday i posted my opinions on some aspects of the current show and he went crazy.
for someone like me who has seen u2 since 1987, i feel entitled to give critique on what ive seen. over 20 shows.

bono's performance in berlin was one of the most risable things i've ever seen from a perfomer on stage. basically passing judgement on the german chancellor in front of 80,000 germans.
if he wants to do that let him get fucking elected.
i paid 50€ to see a concert and the usual reasonable amount of bono speak. not a fuckin rally.
his g8 mission has and will prove to have done fuck all.
"i'm just after gettin off a plane from the g8"
"lets applaud chancellor schroeder. but hold yer applause until tomorrow. if he signs then he's a hero!"

for the record, still a great band, croke park saturday was in my top few gigs. fortunately bono rightly feels that the irish audience doesnt take his crap like evryone else.

i wqas also lambasted for mentioning "blind interferencers".
does this concept not exist? like an american i met in dublin who travels worldwide (presumably with daddys credit card) to see the shows to get their "spiritual fix", falling off every word bono says.

i would prefer to get my spiritual fix from somewhere substantial.

from what i've seen this year 90% of those at modern u2 concerts havent a fuckin clue.
as i said, maybe people like me get offended by being called "sheep" or "blind" just because its not the 90's anymore get over it

oh and as i said yesterday, if you dont like what bono's doing then dont go

and no, i dont "blindly" follow bono, i do actually belive in what he is saying, there have been instances when i have been pissed of with him, like when he was giving his speech at harvard and made the comment when he heard a plane flying over and said something along the lines of "oh here come the british"

Last edited:
redkat said:
KEUF,

thank you :)

KUEFC09U2 said:
nope unfortunatley,

shame...I was going to say meet up with some of us...maybe if they come back to Europe????? Let me know if you find out the 'elvis style' show.

zwervers2 said:

Kathie is sweet!!!!:wink:

problably the nicest sentence I have seen today:
There's lots of fun in the lemonade stand!

sounds like a fun fair or something:wink:

^
Is a very romantic person.

I love their describe thread zwervers. We should try it sometime.

1stOne said:

shame...I was going to say meet up with some of us...maybe if they come back to Europe????? Let me know if you find out the 'elvis style' show.
if they come back to europe i will be 100% sure on going, and i wouldnt mind finding that show aswell lol

where did i call you a sheep or blind?

and what is bono actually doing?
are 50 or 80,000 people going home with a new outlook? are they that stupid?
this ain't no revolution! there is no fuckin revolution.
and there is no change.
on the same morning as berlin 4 suicide bombers went into london and we know what happened.

no government gives a fuck, and no one else gives a fuck.

the same people who go to u2 concerts and talk about justice, charity and change drive home in their fuckin suv's and re-elect bush and blair. then complain.

"save the world" sponsored by fucking apple.

and btw i wont be going again this year despite my having tickets.
funnily enough those tickets don't mention u2 vertigo 2005 plus support, with a 15min political interlude.

1stOne said:

^
Is a very romantic person.

I love their describe thread zwervers. We should try it sometime.

sorry Sylvia I have no clue what you mean??:huh:

brwh1 said:

funnily enough those tickets don't mention u2 vertigo 2005 plus support, with a 15min political interlude.

:lmao:

Don't diss my mac though It rules!

:wink:

brwh1 said:
where did i call you a sheep or blind?

and what is bono actually doing?
are 50 or 80,000 people going home with a new outlook? are they that stupid?
this ain't no revolution! there is no fuckin revolution.
and there is no change.
on the same morning as berlin 4 suicide bombers went into london and we know what happened.

no government gives a fuck, and no one else gives a fuck.

the same people who go to u2 concerts and talk about justice, charity and change drive home in their fuckin suv's and re-elect bush and blair. then complain.

and btw i wont be going again this year despite my having tickets.
so you didnt like bono of the 80's then? or the sarjevo link up's of ZooTv? or his little speech before ONE and PLEASE on the elevation tour? so you have never liked bono then?

oh and you pretty much called us "blind" in your post yesterday, dont you rememebr the "blind interferences" quote

brwh1 said:

i was also lambasted for mentioning "blind interferencers".
does this concept not exist

What does the length of your fandom and quantity of shows have to do with anything? (This coming from someone who saw their first show in 1981 has attended well over 100 shows.)

From what I've read of some of your recent posts it really bothers you that Bono/U2 is bringing their political views into the shows (although it's always been that way) and that's fine, but why is anyone who disagrees with you have to be considered a "blind interferencer"

What exactly makes you right? Did the politics bother during JT or Zoo TV or is it this particular political view that is bothering you?

Just curious.

ramblin rose said:

What does the length of your fandom and quantity of shows have to do with anything? (This coming from someone who saw their first show in 1981 has attended well over 100 shows.)

From what I've read of some of your recent posts it really bothers you that Bono/U2 is bringing their political views into the shows (although it's always been that way) and that's fine, but why is anyone who disagrees with you have to be considered a "blind interferencer"

What exactly makes you right? Did the politics bother during JT or Zoo TV or is it this particular political view that is bothering you?

Just curious.
thanks rambling, thats what i was getting at in my post just above your's

he must have forgot about the white flag waving bono, or the link up's and speeches

KUEFC09U2 said:
so you didnt like bono of the 80's then? or the sarjevo link up's of ZooTv? or his little speech before ONE and PLEASE on the elevation tour? so you have never liked bono then?

oh and you pretty much called us "blind" in your post yesterday, dont you rememebr the "blind interferences" quote

You go KUEFC09U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I have to agree to some extend with you and that is realy scary!:wink:

oh how apt is that, even bruce the lighting guy with U2 agrees with me

Worst (Touring) Nightmare
Oh, there’s been ridiculously long flights (Santiago-Bueno Aires-Rio Gallegos-Auckland Sydney-Perth), super crappy hotels, infuriatingly negative people but nothing compared to the disconnection I spoke of earlier.

zwervers2 said:

sorry Sylvia I have no clue what you mean??:huh:

the lemonade stand has a great thread called the 'describe' thread. Someone starts it off and the next poster has to describe the person above, hence ^is a very romantic person. I haven't joined in cos I don't know any of them, but it would be great fun if you and U2Man joined in, and some of the other regulars on here.

1stOne said:

the lemonade stand has a great thread called the 'describe' thread. Someone starts it off and the next poster has to describe the person above, hence ^is a very romantic person. I haven't joined in cos I don't know any of them, but it would be great fun if you and U2Man joined in, and some of the other regulars on here.

aha..I see..nice idea I have decided to post my picture...don't know why..must be the showman in me:wink:

ramblin rose said:

Just curious.

never said i was right. its my opinion.

"blind interferncer" someone who imo does not analyse anything which bono does or says.

i've always had my issues with bono. but i think hes a great songwriter and u2 are great performers. why the fuck do you think i subscribe to this website?

JT, Zoo TV Sarajevo etc. was for me within reason. As is pointing out issues about Africa. In itself giving the message can prove haunting and thought provoking for the audience, or individuals who want to take it seriously.
But for me Bono has seriously crossed a line - playing politician or hero. The G8 dont give a shit about him. infact its a nice deflection for people like blair and bush.
Debts will be dropped but change will not occur. Its naive of Bono or his audience to think otherwise.
And passing judgment on political leaders on front of 80,000 people when you havent been asked to do so is over the line.

I like to think I have enough intelligence to decipher whats what in the world. The information is there, and people like Bono can help in heightening awareness. Fair and square.
Hes gone too far.
Opinions opinions....

on the pertinent issue, the bands trundling through several tunes in the set is a fuckin insult to once great music.
sorry, must qualify that, in my opinion

1stOne said:

That's my "home" thread you're welcome to join in!:hug:

1stOne said:
Is it posted already?
< rushes off to the lemonade stand

no not yet...tonight I will..I have to connect this damn phone to my computer at home..hope it works! hahaha

Back
Top Bottom