Response to Brandon Flowers article / fans who try to get on stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffschmid

The Fly
I think it is selfish to want to get on stage with U2. I would rather just see the 4 of them up there the whole concert rather than fans being pulled on stage... anyone agree?

brandon flowers article?

i think it's cool when Bono pulls someone up on stage, but i get really really jealous when someone goes up to play a song with them :mad:

jeffschmid said:
I think it is selfish to want to get on stage with U2. I would rather just see the 4 of them up there the whole concert rather than fans being pulled on stage... anyone agree?

But what if that's what the band want? I actually don't have any problem with it to be honest.

Whoever jumped on stage to do ISHFWILF in New Jersey (?) sounded OK to me on the boot -- I don't mind it a bit; just another way to connect with fans. Plus, I'd rather see that guy from the Killers up there than Paul McCartney or Mick Jagger any day.

Or Randy Johnson for cripes sake. Carrying that damn trophy over his head PHX 2 - El-eh-vay-shun. That was lame.But I am a Red Sox fan, and I guess if they brought Curt Schilling up in Boston...well I would still think it was lame.

Last edited:
i plan on brining a sign with the chords to SATS to Chicago on the 3rd leg. does that make me selfish? no. i can't help it that i'm cool enough to play a song with U2.

hahaha... i hadnt heard about that, but it sounds awful... its like bono throwing the basketball at the dvd filming for elevation... no one there gives a shit about basketball, your bono... you're supposed to be making a heart shape with your hands at that part of the song... silly...

mikal said:
i plan on brining a sign with the chords to SATS to Chicago on the 3rd leg. does that make me selfish? no. i can't help it that i'm cool enough to play a song with U2.

i love you.

If I learn how to play Mofo on guitar, you think they'll pull me on stage?? :D

The Killers frontman confessed to RollingStone.com: "I really love the song 'In a Little While,' from All That You Can't Leave Behind
If he can get them to play "In A Little While" one more time (even if it's reworked as a duet with him), it'd be worth it.

AtomicBono said:

i love you.

If I learn how to play Mofo on guitar, you think they'll pull me on stage?? :D

:ohmy:

you've just influenced me to come up with an acoustic version of Mofo!

Play the basic chords on the guitar and do the "whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr" with your mouth.

mikal said:

:ohmy:

you've just influenced me to come up with an acoustic version of Mofo!

They could pull me up and I could beat box the drum loops and synth parts simultaneously for Mofo. Pull a Police Academy on 'em...whatcha gonna do now?

typhoon said:
Play the basic chords on the guitar and do the "whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr" with your mouth.

i make that sound a lot as it is, usually when there's pizza in the oven.

typhoon said:

Funniest post ever!!!

Back
Top Bottom