Registering with Ticketmaster???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shono

The Fly
This is a question too all of those lucky Prop/U2.com members who participated in this weeks pre-sale and got tickets.

I am waiting for next weeks pre-sale to try to get tickets.

My questions is this:

Out of curiousity, I just tried a "dry run" for some tickets. I used the U2.com link to "enter the pre-sale". The U2.com pre-sale is similar to the Ticketmaster site, but there isn't any where to access your Ticketmaster account.

Because Ticketmaster tells you that having an account with them is the quickest way to process your order, all of my info has been registered with Ticketmaster for months now. Seeing as all of my "account" info is already known to Ticketmaster, I was hoping that it would allow me to get in an out quickly.

If I access the pre-sale through U2.com, will I have to input all of my "account" info again? Should I just go to Ticketmaster site on the day of the pre-sale, sign in under "my account" and proceed to use my pre-sale code? :scratch:

I'm sure that there is a simple answer to this question, but without accutally buying tickets I'm not sure which is the best option?

Can anyone help?:huh:

Well I noticed it that too but you have two options.

When you pay, I believe you have the option to sign in if you have an account.

I signed in in another browser and the other browser recognized me so........................

I had one opened through TM and the other through U2.com

It's amazing how first the images were different and they kept changing.

I hope I read you right, but this is how it went for me.

I, as a former Prop member, clicked on the Presale link on U2.com.

I went through the ticket selecting process.

Once that was done, and after I selected the checkout/done option, it asked me for my Ticketmaster account password before it was able to pull up my billing details.

Then, it logged me into my TM account so that I could finish payment.

I knew that, like Hello Angel's case, I would need to input that info. all over again eventually if I went through U2.com so I just went straight to the Ticketmaster site and logged on before the pre-sale began, thus saving a bit of time!

HelloAngel said:
Once that was done, and after I selected the checkout/done option, it asked me for my Ticketmaster account password before it was able to pull up my billing details.

Then, it logged me into my TM account so that I could finish payment.

When I sign in to "My Account" on the Ticketmaster site, it asks for my email AND password. IF I use the U2.com pre-sale link, is it safe to assume that it already knows your email address? The email address I provided to U2.com and Ticketmaster is the same. Do you think that is why it only asked for your Ticketmaster account password and not your email?

Since I started this thread, I have tried another "dry run". This time I started from the Ticketmaster site and not the U2.com site. Having signed in to "My Account" first, it appears to go smoother.

Does using the U2.com pre-sale link give you an advantage to getting tickets over simply starting from the Ticketmaster site? Does anyone know if using the U2.com link is part of the "new" approach to the third leg pre-sale?

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
I knew that, like Hello Angel's case, I would need to input that info. all over again eventually if I went through U2.com so I just went straight to the Ticketmaster site and logged on before the pre-sale began, thus saving a bit of time!

since I had two browers open so I could see which one would say find tickets faster, I don't know if I got my tickets through the TM or U2.com window!

ladywithspinninghead said:

since I had two browers open so I could see which one would say find tickets faster, I don't know if I got my tickets through the TM or U2.com window!

So it sounds like either way (Ticketmasters site or U2.com link) provides you with an equal chance at tickets?

It also sounds like both sites allow you the opportunity to sign in under your Ticketmaster account for faster order processing?

I just want to make sure I don't get hung out to dry on a technicality or a glitch.

I also wasn't sure if U2.com or Fan Fire were using the U2.com link to help ensure that this pre-sale went smoother.

Does anyone else think it makes a difference? :|

Since you're asking about the pre-sale, I don't think it makes any difference whether you go through u2.com or direct at Ticketmaster.com.

HOWEVER.... when it comes to the General Sale, u2.com actually crashed during the January general sale, and it was "easier" to get through to ticketmaster's site.

For what it's worth.....

I just tried to post links, but it wont let me. But basically the link on U2.com takes you to the ticketmaster U2 page.

the U2 page is the ticketmaster website with
artist/736365
at the end of the address.

the U2.com website references this link also and then adds
?brand=u2
to the end of it to get it to have the U2 colours and fonts.

The best bet for a general sale is to log into ticketmaster before the start of the sale (say 9:55 for a 10 AM start), and then go to the u2 page on ticketmaster and hit refresh until the tickets status go from 'More info' to "Find Tickets'

Then cross your fingers...

Shono my friend, you're not listening :wink:

If you go through U2.com you will need to select seats, dates, etc and then sign in to your TM account at the very end.

If you go through Ticketmaster's site, you can sign into your account BEFORE the sale, unlike U2.com

:)

- Julie

My Dearest Julie,

Once again you and have set me in the right direction and down the proper path!:laugh:There is no one quite like my Lady With The Spinning Head (GTA and beyond).

TO the rest of you...THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

:applaud:

I've gotta think that signing into "My Account" on the Ticketmaster site prior to the pre-sale is the way to go. Of course, I'll likely have one of my employees on another computer, signed onto U2.com just in case.

Thanks again to everyone for your advice. Good luck next week to all who are still living in pre-sale limbo. Here's hoping it'll all pay off in the end. :crazy: :hyper: :crazy: :combust:

Back
Top Bottom