Register for U2.com to get GA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fmattyh

Acrobat
As someone who has never done a U2 concert before, I've enjoyed reading about everyone's GA experiences vs. actual seats. I'm definitely shooting for getting GA tickets, 1) to be closest to U2, 2) to be surrounded by other people really into it, and 3) because they're cheaper.

I do have a question though - is it worth the $40 to join U2.com in order to have guarenteed GA tickets? That's $20 extra for each GA ticket - is that worth it?

I guess the main factors that go into this decision are 1) availability and 2) price. Will it be practically impossible to get GA tickets without pre-registration? And how much more will GA tickets cost on eBay or whatever?

Thanks everyone for your time. Obviously, this is all under the assumption that they do GA. Which leads to another question - if I wait until U2 announces the tour format, and THEN sign up for U2.com if they have GA, will it be too late? Will the registration for presale stop when they announce their tour? Do I have to get in before that?

It's really up to you, I think. On the last tour, I went to two shows. The first I had to buy from scalpers and that was in nosebleeds ($48 regular and I paid $80 a ticket). The second show I got online the second they started selling tickets. Ticketmaster.com was busy for an hour straight, and when I finally got online, it was sold out. I went on eBay and paid $169 for each ticket, and guess what the regular price was?? $45!!! They were good side-view seats though, surprised the price was so low.

Anyway, moral to the story is I think it's worth it because it's such a pain to try and get the tickets waiting in line and on the web and you have to get them that day, or else it's to scalpers or buying them on auction sites. And that's a lot more $$$

well, I already subscribed at u2.com, because for my first U2 concert ever, I'm doing whatever it takes to get the best tickets possible.

When I tried to get REM tickets for their Atlantic City show in October, they were all sold out, so I bought two tickets over ebay for a total $225. It wasn't bad at all for how good the seats were. We were about 9 rows back, and alittle to the left of the stage. It was worth it I think.

So do you think if i don't buy membership i'll be shit out of luck
on tickets?What if i buy them soon as they go on pre-sale?

If you have a membership, you're guaranteed tickets.

If you don't, it's going to be harder.

Back
Top Bottom