Reasons a Scalper is better than U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matthew_Page2000

War Child
This isn't meant in jest--I'm dead serious.

Reasons a Scalper is better than U2.com and Ticketmaster:

1.) A scalper is honest with you. Whether it's a ticketing broker or a guy on the street outside a show a scalper is usually pretty straightforward. "I have "x" amount of tickets. They are in "x" section. I am charging "x" amount of money.
The tickets will be available to you at "x" time.
It's all very straightforward now isn't it?
Now compare that with U2.com. U2.com wouldn't tell us specifically how much tickets cost. We had to find out from TicketMaster. They wouldn't tell us when shows were going on sale. I still don't know when Seattle and Vancouver go on sale!
They won't tell us how many seats they have available for cripes sakes. All we get a bland assurances that there will be enough available for U2.com members. Apparently not.

2.) A scalper is honest about trying to make a profit.
A scalper will show you the ticket and tell you what the cost was. Then they will charge their obscene markup. But hey, at least they're being honest about it. U2.com and TicketMaster tell you that you'll be getting tickets for $49.50 (for example) but neglect to mention the $40 membership fee and the TicketBastard fees.

3.) A scalper is only out for themselves and they don't pretend that their priority is you. Look, U2 are a for profit organization. That's fine. I respect that. But the fulsome nonsense about prioritizing their loyal fans who've shelled out for Prop and U2.com memberships is just too much. Spare me. Particularly if you're not going to make a genuine effort to give us a first shot at tickets. Stop cashing my check and patting your back at the same time. It's too much.

4.) Actually, I need to stop now. I'm ranting and I apologize.
I'm just a little miffed that the old Prop system that actually worked was ditched for this absurdity.
It's a predictable formula: Quality service at an affordable rate replaced by shoddy service at an inflated price. It's just sad to see U2 succomb to the formula.

p.s.- One last shot--does anyone know if it's possible to cancel your U2.com membership and get a refund?

I'm thinking of disputing the U2.com charge on my credit card.

But seriously, yay for scalpers. After that ticketmaster fiasco, I just sucked it up and paid Total Tickets.

Back
Top Bottom