Rate the DVD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate the DVD

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 7 4.0%

Votes: 18 10.2%

Votes: 25 14.1%

Votes: 31 17.5%

Votes: 46 26.0%

Votes: 27 15.3%

Votes: 17 9.6%

• Total voters
i_love_adam said:
10 from me! Cos I heard Adam actually has a starring role for once! And I haven't even seen it...

Wow, your rating has a lot of validity and merit. :|

8 - FANTASTIC Electric Co, I likethe editing, great Vertigo but not such a good ZooTV encore as I'd hoped. Crap extras.

7 from me.
Maybe I rate too much the ZooTV in Sidney and Elevation in Boston, but even if this one is at least as good as Elevation, it lacks novelty in my opinion.
Well ... views of Adam, Larry's singing, Edge with the arm in the air, ... that's novelty for sure, but in terms of edition, view angle, it's too similar to Elevation for me.
And also a big difference with Elevation (Yes, I know i rate it too much) as many said, is the crowd. In that previous DVD, I think you cannot get a single view of the crowd, even far up and behind in the venue, without seeing people standing, singing, moving. In that DVD, except for the "Elevation" (again !?!?) sing along which i found impressive ... nothing.

2.jpg

:bow: :bow:

I'm disappointed in it - giving it a 4-1/2. i agree that the documentary section is an 8 or 9 -- the zoo station/fly encore definitely a 10 - the rest was pretty blah. The camera jumps around way too much. Doesnt begin to compare to Slane.

By the way to answer that earlier question - Best Buy had the single version for 12.99, the double was marked 29.99 but it was on sale for 23.99 (and I had a 10% off coupon).

Watching Bono's antics up close on An Cat Dubh - hilarious. Especially when he's preening, cleaning his hair and eating whatever the hell it is he's picking out of it. Hard to explain to someone who is watching and not a fan...

BEVERLY56 said:

Watching Bono's antics up close on An Cat Dubh - hilarious. Especially when he's preening, cleaning his hair and eating whatever the hell it is he's picking out of it. Hard to explain to someone who is watching and not a fan...

I know what you are talking about! He reminded me of a monkey when he was picking stuff out of his hair :lol:

angel_28 said:
I gave it a 9 because i can never say anythig U2 does is crap..lol i guess i'm one of those blind followers....:lol:...

Same here... (view location) :wink:

Really my only complaints are the fact that they didn't show the light curtains/effects enough and the crowd was kinda mediocre. The band's performance was superb, especially THE ELECTRIC COOOOOOOOOO :rockon:

I don't get why no one seems to like it :shrug: I do think it would have been much better if they filmed the 9/20 Chicago show though...DISCOTHEQUE...:drool:

I am getting it tonight, I will give my rating later, but some people here, are begining to make me think this is gonna be a terrible DVD

Irishteen said:
I am getting it tonight, I will give my rating later, but some people here, are begining to make me think this is gonna be a terrible DVD

Don't let what others are saying cloud your judgement about the dvd! Yeah there are flaws but it's a really good dvd overall!

Okay i jsut finsihed watching it and I loved it, the crowd was lacking but the band was on fire, every song was great, I lvoed the camera angles used, overall 9/10, amazing :drool:

8. Having been at all the May Chicago shows I already knew the audience on 5/9 and 5/10 was not as hopping as it was on 5/7 and **OMG** 5/12, (not to mention the September shows which were totally on fire IMO) so my expectations were already managed in that regard.

I thought the sound quality was a little uneven too.

But it is, after all, U2, whom I adore. So even with the flaws, I still think the DVD pretty much rocked.

I loved it too. Mostly what I look for in a live DVD is the band performance, not the crowd. I gave it a 9.

I like it way more than Boston, but it isn't nearly as good as Slane IMO. I have a feeling Milan will be my favorite though.

I gave it a 9. I loved it!

The only reason why it doesn't get a 10 is because of the sparce extra features DVD. That was very disappointing. I was hoping for some interviews with the band, and a few more features rather than just a documentary, a few surveilance cuts, and an alternate SYCMIOYO music video.

Overall it's a fantastic concert DVD! Glad I bought it.

Back
Top Bottom