RANT HERE!!!... after the pre-sale and now this disaster of trying to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
WHERE DID MY MONEY GO?? WHERE ARE MY TICKETS??

I feel even more pissed off than ever at U2 and U2.com. Why for example couldn't they have just made sure that all of their members got tickets? What is that all about? As real fans, we paid an extra $40.00 and whole lot of us got nothing! While random others who didn't pay the band all of that extra money got our tickets.... I know it's been said before but it's really low. And then their package club ETS taking away those GA tickets....to go where? Where are my tickets? As the massive U2 cash register went nuts today, all I can think is WHERE IS MY MONEY? AND WHERE ARE MY TICKETS? At least tell me they're sending the money to Africa. P.S. - the franz ferdinand cd kills htdaab.

Last edited:
Many congrats to all of those that got them today. Who has my tickets? Some slimy little weasel who put them up on Ebay.

I got one ticket for San Diego on the 30th. When you put in two tickets it just was that red screen saying there were no tickets. So congrats to anybody who actually got two tickets to any show. I feel immensely fortunate to even get one ticket to any of their shows, but as a fan club member, wasn't I supposed to be able to get 2 tickets on Tues? And not have this hassle, frustration, and sitting on the computer for hours and hours?

It would help immensely if there was an actual seating chart up somewhere, so we all knew, is it in the round where every section is good or not? U2 could you please put up the seating chart and tell us what the stage is like? Thank you.

Last edited:
Westport wrote: "Why for example couldn't they have just made sure that all of their members got tickets?? What the fcuk is that all about? As real fans, we paid an extra $40.00 and whole lot of us got nothing!"

Exactly! This is precisely my point all along during this messy week. If 90,000 people around the world joined U2.com good grief there are dozens of locations in Europe and America for their concerts. You can't tell me they couldn't have ensured people something.

As it stands I have no tix and I really don't give a hoot anymore about seeing them live. This will be the first time I've missed a tour of theirs since the late 1980s.

On Ticketmaster's general sale today I was on Internet and on the phone, waited for 30 minutes on hold and as I got a live representative the 4th Chicago show had literally just been added. The TM rep wasn't even aware yet. Then he offered "best available" -- literally moments after May 12 was announced -- and it was upper deck halfway up, and the guy told me no GA tix were available. WTF?!?!

If I want to call someone to get screwed over the phone for $350 I'll call a REAL whore dammit!

Last edited:
I totally agree with you guys,this is a sickening look at the business side of the band and the industry. I've seen every tour since War,except for Popmart that I didn't have much interest in. After wasting my time to get Chicago tickets today I've almost lost interest in ever seeing this greedy band every again. I'm a huge U2 fan but this is utter bullshit. The real fans gets shut out,while half the people who have tickets don't give one shit about U2,and put their tickets on ebay for a huge profit. The band and their management should be very ashamed of themeselves. I'm glad I got to see the free show in NY in November,that will be my one show from this tour I guess.

The thing is, the manner in which some people are obtaining these tix has nothing to do with what we go through.

I've wasted, what, 10 hours this week and I have to be honest, I did turn down nosebleeds, but that was on principle. A fanclub presale ought to offer more than nosebleeds a half mile from the stage. When a show has literally just been announced and posted on TM's website, and I'm on the phone with someone and am told the "best available" 30 seconds later are upper deck and no GA's, then someone else is getting tickets some other way than we are.

I got hung up because I couldn't tell a "mn" from a "rrn" on the text-recognition graphic...

I think the solution should be a fan-club only show.

only fan club members can get tickets, it's handled by the people that ran Propaganda.. not thru Ticketmaster.. and you can only pick up tickets AT the venue, 2 ticket limit..
and must have photo-ID to get your tickets at will-call.

hire undercover police to walkaround the line.. and arrest anyone selling tickets above ticketprice. Do it on a huge field like they did when they were doing the Hershey, PA rehearsals.. and offer GA for the entire show.. at a premium price, that just covers basic expenses... cut back whatever it takes to do the right thing here.

make it limited, do more than one show if you have to.

I know logistically it sounds insane, but that's what I think they need to do here. And they certainly are powerful enough and rich enough to pull it off.

Actually it would've been a lot easier to simply set aside 150,000 seats for the fan club members in the various American and European locations.

What are they doing in Europe and America this leg? 30 shows? If 80% of 90,000 U2.com members bought 2 tix to 1 show, that would be an average of 5,000 seats a show set aside for members. Example: In the United Center there are 20,000 seats so that's 25% of the house still leaving three-fourths of the place to non-members.

What would be wrong with that?

Last edited:
I just can't get why there're so many sites offering U2 tickets (a lot of them are GA), since tuesday!
What the hell is that?
But what can we poor people do. Even Pearl Jam couldn't turn it down in 1994.

Vladjusha said:
I just can't get why there're so many sites offering U2 tickets (a lot of them are GA), since tuesday!
What the hell is that?
But what can we poor people do. Even Pearl Jam couldn't turn it down in 1994.

Some of these may be ticket brokers with inside connections, but I really believe that many of them will simply be unable to deliver.

It is a sad day when a lot of (majority?) of us are feeling this way about the band...I hope this is just poor business management on their part...and not something else...like complete arrogance ("thanks for giving us this amazing life". Now watch us as we take your hard earned money and crap all over you.

Westport said:
It is a sad day when a lot of (majority?) of us are feeling this way about the band...I hope this is just poor business management on their part...and not something else...like complete arrogance ("thanks for giving us this amazing life". Now watch us as we take your hard earned money and crap all over you.

Give the finger to the rock and roll singer as he's dancing upon your paycheck.

Here he is...watch him dance, the rat bastard!!

:dance:

As he sings, Money, Money, Money!!!

------------------------------------------------------

Or together as a group as they laugh at us

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:
Westport said:

Unfortunately...you're right...I was lucky enough to get 2 tix to NJ, 5/17...probably the only show Im gonna see too..when you have 3 kids and a mortgage, $170 to see a band would also pay for the weekly food shopping. I'd love to get GA tix to MSG, but Im not paying a penny over the face value.

Oh well...I still have my memories of bein in the front row in Brooklyn....and IT WAS FREE!

Back
Top Bottom