Rank the Vertigo Tour vs. Previous Ones You Have Seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, you're right. Great Tour...But this tour miss some fresh idead like Zoo Tv had. It's an improvement from the Elevation Tour, but Elevation tour took us by surprise. I Really like this tour...But Nothing will ever compare to ZOO

fredstab said:
yeah, you're right. Great Tour...But this tour miss some fresh idead like Zoo Tv had. It's an improvement from the Elevation Tour, but Elevation tour took us by surprise. I Really like this tour...But Nothing will ever compare to ZOO

i like the way you phrased that

the vertigo tour really isnt a fresh idea, its an improvement on the elevation tour

if you showed a normal person beautiful day from the GMA performance (vertigo tour live in chicago), and then watch it on the Boston DVD, theyd probably think it was from the same tour

1. Elevation
2. Vertigo
3. Zoo TV
4. Popmart

But I think I prefer Elevation over Vertigo simply because it was a return to the music after all the antics and theatrics of the 90s - if it had been the Vertigo tour 4 years ago, that would probably be my favourite...

For me, that's what made Elevation so "magical" and was that special something that people say lack on this tour.

1. ZooTV (inside broadcast)
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Popmart

Last edited:
1. Zoo TV (Inside/Outside) - Overpowering.
2a. Unforgettable Fire - Intense and passionate. Bono had minimal voice, but it didn't matter.
2b. Joshua Tree - Simply amazing.
4. Elevation - Just below above 3, though one final leg show is my all time #1
5. War - Hitting their stride.
6. Amnesty - Two hours worth of effort concentrated in 45 mins.
7. Vertigo - Still developing, but great so far.
8. October - Showed exceptional promise.
9. Popmart - Well...tickets were $5 outside. Neil Diamond and Monkees covers.

I have to rank Vertigo as #1, Cause i've actually seen it....
But I think the best tours:

1. Zoo Tv
2. Elevation
3. Vertigo
4. PopMart
5. Joshua Tree

The best flowing sets list tours:

1. Zoo TV/Pop/Elevation
2. LoveTown
3. Joshua
4. Vertigo

Zoo TV/PopMart and The Elevation setlists went together like jigsaw puzzels, Though Vertigo's flow just doenst work for me, loving the shows...but now the flow :)

ladywithspinninghead said:
1. Elevation
2. Vertigo
3. Zoo TV
4. Popmart

But I think I prefer Elevation over Vertigo simply because it was a return to the music after all the antics and theatrics of the 90s - if it had been the Vertigo tour 4 years ago, that would probably be my favourite...

For me, that's what made Elevation so "magical" and was that special something that people say lack on this tour.
that something "special" being 9/11? that was the only real difference in the actual "feeling" of the tours, actually no, this tour also is as "oo we love you" its dark, its a message,

KUEFC09U2 said:
that something "special" being 9/11? that was the only real difference in the actual "feeling" of the tours, actually no, this tour also is as "oo we love you" its dark, its a message,

Elevation was also good before 9/11.
I've seen 12 U2 shows over 20 years and the best show I've seen was 4/20/01 San Jose.

KUEFC09U2 said:

No, because most of my Elevation shows were before September 11th.

For ME, there was that special something during Elevation because it was their first back-to-basics-tour in over a decade and I didn't know if I would ever get that U2 again.

The "feeling" is something unique to each person so you can't tell me what the difference was - I'm talking about my own personal feelings and not the feeling of the tour itself.

Like I posted above, if Vertigo had been the tour after Popmart, then Vertigo would probably be my favourite tour.

Last edited:
I have only seen Elevation and Vertigo tours. But the lighting on the Vertigo tour is just so awesome with the LED balls and the walkway lighting so...

1. Vertigo
2. Elevation

my sister tells me joshua tree is by far the greatest though. in her opinion anyway.

Back
Top Bottom