random ticket beep egg selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quasi1970

The Fly
Just went down to the sports arena at lunch to check out the GA line and ask security some questions.

I took some photos of the line and will try to post those when I can before I head down.

Here's an interesting thing. I asked security what was the lottery policy. This is what two security persons told me. They said that if your GA ticket makes a special beep when scanned, it denotes that you have been selected to go into the EGG/oval. You will be sent to a separate table to get a new wristband. You can bring one other person (with a GA ticket) with you. The selection is completely random from what they told me. A computer probably randomly selected the serial numbers from the tickets.

So, it's still a good idea to get there early if you don't get selected so that you can get a good spot outside the egg.

Also, I asked about digital cameras and I was told that they are allowed but not SLRs with telephoto zooms.

The rain has also stopped and the sun is back out.

Last edited:
Thanks!

But I just don't get the whole reasoning behind this. Did they do all this just to give scalpers the finger? Ugh.... :huh:

I feel better that I won't be seperated at least.

Last edited:
So do you know if you're in the egg when you get down to the arena?? When they first scan your ticket?

J
quasi1970 said:
Just went down to the sports arena at lunch to check out the GA line and ask security some questions.

I took some photos of the line and will try to post those when I can before I head down.

Here's an interesting thing. I asked security what was the lottery policy. This is what two security persons told me. They said that if your GA ticket makes a special beep when scanned, it denotes that you have been selected to go into the EGG/oval. You will be sent to a separate table to get a new wristband. You can bring one other person (with a GA ticket) with you. The selection is completely random from what they told me. A computer probably randomly selected the serial numbers from the tickets.

So, it's still a good idea to get there early if you don't get selected so that you can get a good spot outside the egg.

Also, I asked about digital cameras and I was told that they are allowed but not SLRs with telephoto zooms.

So do you know if you're in the egg when you get down to the arena??

J
quasi1970 said:

What security told me was that when you go up to the door to get into the arena and they scan the ticket for admission, it'll make some sort of beep that denotes that you have been selected to go into the egg/oval. If it doesn't beep, you go onto the main floor outside the oval. That's what they told me. Of course I can't confirm this until it all goes down tonight. So, we'll see.

I know, I know, we'll know in a few hours. But...

Say you are at the show with 3 friends. Your ticket beeps. You can bring one of your friends. But if their ticket beeps, they can get in by themselves AND bring a friend, so you should bring your other friend. But what if Friend 2 and 3's tickets beep too? (I know the odds are way against it.) That would technically mean that 4 fewer people than they think are going into the ellipse. I wonder if they'll let any extra people in during the show if it looks emptier than expected. I think they did that with the heart last time.

Mirrorball Girl said:

Say you are at the show with 3 friends. Your ticket beeps. You can bring one of your friends. But if their ticket beeps, they can get in by themselves AND bring a friend, so you should bring your other friend. But what if Friend 2 and 3's tickets beep too? (I know the odds are way against it.) That would technically mean that 4 fewer people than they think are going into the ellipse. I wonder if they'll let any extra people in during the show if it looks emptier than expected. I think they did that with the heart last time.

Jesus fucking christ.

I have a feeling this system will be chaos and will probably not last for very long... (i.e. after a few shows they will realize that it's too complicated and pissing off fans more than anything else...)

Mirrorball Girl said:

Train A leaves the station traveling at 30 mph. Two hours later train B leave the same station travelling in the same direction at 40 mph. How long does it take Train B to catch up to Train A? (show all work) :wink:

egg/ ellipse or whatever

what other way could they do it? First come first served, some sort of random lottery when people are in a queue?

Count yourself lucky that for the US shows GA will be limited to 2000-3000 people- even if you're at the back of that (and not in the inner circle) you're still at the front, near the stage. So being in there is rather less important. Rather than in Europe where GA will be about 40,000 people- back end of that is a long way from the stage.

Remains to be seen whether they a) employ the same method for the stadium shows and b) whether any of the tickets either I or my brother have will get us access to the ellipse

PhoenixGNX said:

Train A leaves the station traveling at 30 mph. Two hours later train B leave the same station travelling in the same direction at 40 mph. How long does it take Train B to catch up to Train A? (show all work) :wink:

This is the funniest friggin thread I've read in months!
:applaud:

Eclipse.

No, Ellipse.

Edge's Lips?

Whatever.

So, my ticket is going to beep?

Yes.

It's going to beep when it's time to go in the egg?

Yes.

So, it's an egg timer, yes?

Yes.

I swear, you couldn't write this disaster better if you tried.

Feh, Edge could answer my question. ;)

And I agree, this is getting more entertaining by the minute.

bonosleftone said:

Jesus fucking christ.

On a crutch, no less.

So let's say your ticket makes a beep, but it's not the beep that you were expecting to hear, but instead more of like a beep from a VW Beetle, but your friend's ticket beeps more like an answering machine type beep thingy, but your friend's friend, their ticket doesn't beep at all, but she's got big giant knockers that they think Bono will enjoy checking out while he rips through Mysterious Ways, and she gets put into a special special line and then........

oy vey shut the F up!!! :laugh:

Simple take out a loan buy a bunch of GA's to the same show. Keep having them scan the tickets until you hear the Ellipse beep. You're in!

Erin go bragh said:

On a crutch, no less.

So let's say your ticket makes a beep, but it's not the beep that you were expecting to hear, but instead more of like a beep from a VW Beetle, but your friend's ticket beeps more like an answering machine type beep thingy, but your friend's friend, their ticket doesn't beep at all, but she's got big giant knockers that they think Bono will enjoy checking out while he rips through Mysterious Ways, and she gets put into a special special line and then........

oy vey shut the F up!!! :laugh:

In a pie crust. Also, you forgot the secret password. And the knockers line feeds directly over to Adam's side of the stage. God, why is this so hard to understand? :rolleyes:

Mirrorball Girl said:

In a pie crust. Also, you forgot the secret password. And the knockers line feeds directly over to Adam's side of the stage. God, why is this so hard to understand? :rolleyes:

my bad. I forgot he's the only one not hitched. Though I did read in that SD insterview that he has a girlfriend, but hey, he can look, right? Hell they all can for that matter.

Anyways, anyone know of a place close to the arena where I can pick up an egg timer??

Erin go bragh said:

my bad. I forgot he's the only one not hitched. Though I did read in that SD insterview that he has a girlfriend, but hey, he can look, right? Hell they all can for that matter.

Anyways, anyone know of a place close to the arena where I can pick up an egg timer??

No, No, No..

They give YOU an egg timer.

You know, one of those little disc doo-thingies that flashes and beeps when your table is ready at mall-parking-lot theme restaurants.

Get with the program!

Does anyone knows how many people fit in the whole floor? I want to calculate the chances of getting in

Back
Top Bottom