random ticket beep egg selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cbradfly1 said:
If there's a one in ten shot just buy yourself 10 GA's to the same show. That shouldn't cost too much. Stand there and make them scan the tickets one by one until you get the magic beep. You're in.

Kind of like finding the golden ticket in a wonka bar :D

Erin go bragh said:
Just a thought, but what do you think those with first level reserved seats are thinking about all this beepin nonsense? They shelled out anywhere from $50-$100 more just to be beep-free.

Bleepin beepers. :madspit:

I'm thinking this is shit! Not only did I pay the same $40 for fanclub membership but did not get GA's and now no chance for a beep either! I think all the GA whinny butts should shut up and be thankful to be on the floor, PERIOD!

I think this idea would work a lot better and be more well received if the actual ticket sales had gone right and a majority were satisfied w/ the tickets they originally bought. I'm pretty much OK w/ it since I'm only going GA once and only with one other person, but I think it's really unfair for groups of 3 or more that might even have a mix of gen. sale and pre-sale tickets.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I think this idea would work a lot better and be more well received if the actual ticket sales had gone right and a majority were satisfied w/ the tickets they originally bought. I'm pretty much OK w/ it since I'm only going GA once and only with one other person, but I think it's really unfair for groups of 3 or more that might even have a mix of gen. sale and pre-sale tickets.

This would have been better received if the goofy process was explained BEFORE people put down "their hard earned for a rock show". Would some people have spent $200-300 per ticket with a broker knowing that the would not necessarily get inside the chicken egg by showing up real early? What's the point of seperate lines for show that never had a presale like 2 of the first leg Chicago shows? You'll have 2 seperate lines 2 nights and 1 line the other 2 nights? Obviously well thought out like the whole leg 1 presale debacle. Oh well at least all the crap will be behind shortly and we can get to the music. I really had no intent of camping out to get in the egg (I got a job and can't take off to loiter around a concert venue all day). Hell maybe this way I can actually get in to the egg at one of the 3 shows I have GA's. My luck, the one that I get the beep at will be in Montreal when I have 3 in my group. I guess get the braclet and go in and out a few times to at least see what it is like.

starsgoblue said:

If one GAer gets beeped you can yolk with another.

This whole thread 5 stars........:laugh::lmao: ^ ^but this comment pretty much sent me over the edge:lol:
Seriously, this is the best part of my day.:)

I am a u2.com member who bought a GA off ebay bc I was shut out of the presale. If I arrive at 7am with my membership card and stuff I will expect to be in the egg (beep or not)!!

7:18 pm: None of our immediate crew gets into the ellipse. The process goes like this: Get checked by security. Get your ticket scanned. Enter the arena. Approach a table with a laptop computer. When it's your turn, your ticket gets scanned into the computer. If the screen changes from blue to red, you get into the ellipse and are given the wristband to do so. If not, you get the regular floor wristband.

starsgoblue said:

If one GAer gets beeped you can yolk with another.

This whole thread 5 stars........:laugh::lmao: ^ ^but this comment pretty much sent me over the edge:lol:
Seriously, this is the best part of my day.:)

U2SavesTheWorld said:
When it's your turn, your ticket gets scanned into the computer. If the screen changes from blue to red, you get into the ellipse and are given the wristband to do so. If not, you get the regular floor wristband.

Sounds like The Mole. :laugh:

Am I reading things right in that only people that got their GA's during the fanclub pre-sale can go in the u2.com GA line? How many ACTUAL FANS got their GA's this way? It seems mostly like ticket brokers and scalpers got the pre-sale tix.

I am a u2.com member, but couldn't get GA during pre-sale and settled for upperdeck. Luckily I did get GA during regular sale and only had to pay the 49.50.

I am sure there are many u2.com members that either got their GA's during regular sale, on ebay, etc. Are we not eligible for the u2.com line and the right to go in first?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom