random ticket beep egg selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20050328-01sd-09.jpg

ultrraviolette said:
this "beep" sounds ridiculous :huh:

And what happens if the beeper breaks and the whole system goes down.... Then what happens... Then what, eh?? :wink:

Last edited:
I can't wait to come back later tonight and see how all the beeping went. Then on Wed. we'll have a whole new ballgame when everybody can get beeped.

I am looking for Ebay GA's now for Anaheim, if it's possible to get fan club ones before the brokers start realizing their goldmine.

bonoed said:
I am looking for Ebay GA's now for Anaheim, if it's possible to get fan club ones before the brokers start realizing their goldmine.

You fail to see that even the U2.com line is still subject to the "random beep" test. You may get into the arena first because of that line. That is all that is guaranteed. The egg deal is a crap shoot for EVERYONE regardless of membership.

i find it hilarious that people on this board think the system is confusing. It really could not be any more simple. Scan your ticket...if it beeps you go in the egg...if it does not, you don't. How confusing is that?

Also, if you have a pre-sale ticket you go in the building first, as an added bonus in case your 1in10 chance of getting in the egg doesn't work out. First crack at around the egg.

Could not be any more straightforward or simple, really.

I thought the "beep" was limited to U2.com members getting into the egg hole. Everybody can get a beep who has a GA tkt? So the point of the U2.com line is only to get outside the egg hole if in fact you don't beep?

So then any GA tkt might have the lucky beep, so they won't be going up in price?

Last edited:
This sure creates an interesting situation. I never made it in the heart (never had anyone willing to go as crazy as me to get there early enough). For Montreal I am going with 2 friends w/GA's. Do we decline if 2 of us don't beep?

bonoed said:
I thought the "beep" was limited to U2.com members getting into the egg hole. Everybody can get a beep who has a GA tkt? So the point of the U2.com line is only to get outside the egg hole if in fact you don't beep?

You got it. I'm sure it will go as smoothly as it sounds, eh?

The U2.com line will go in before the other GA line though...........so if you get beeped, go into the heart, if not, you're guaranteed prime real estate outside of it.

bonoed said:
So then any GA tkt might have the lucky beep, so they won't be going up in price?

:yes:

Random it is! Be there at 6am, be there at noon, be there at 4pm. It is all the same really, if you desire inside an egg.

It can be confusing if people who are allowed to enter the ellipse don't enter and go to the tip instead or decide to stay with their friends (if more than one since some say people get to take one person inside) instead. Who is counting the people in the ellipse? Also, some friends may get separated in different lines because they have different GA tickets. There are all kinds of possible logistic problems associated with this setup. And I'm sure the staff at the stadiums are really looking forward to having to control 2 different lineups of people who instead of just hoping for to get in the ellipse are also now having to stay in line to get a good spot outside the ellipse.

The concept is straightforward but I don't like it.

beLIEve

Hot off the presses...

"There has been a huge misunderstanding as to why U2.com members with presale GA tix are in a 'special' line. It has nothing to do with the hole, eggs, melons, beepers, moles, lasers, tasers, eclipse, or anything else.

The real reason for the separation of U2.com members is to give them all free xanax and wine to calm them down after weeks or even months/years/decades of bitching and complaining about tickets, setlists, sellouts, safe music, edgy music, Bono's voice, Larry's back, Adam's instrument, or Edge's hats. It's all very simple."

Roiters News Wire

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I don't think we're confused at how the system works. We just think it's retarded, slipe slide.

the thing is, those who want to line up for 16 hours think it is unfair that they cannot monopolize the egg.

other people think it is fair for everyone with a ticket to get a shot.

most importantly, the BAND obviously doesn't want the same people to look at all the time, which I totally get. Why is that a working mom with 3 kids who loves U2 as much as anyone else can't have the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm feelin what Bono is sayin with this one, and I can lineup whenever I want for my show.

U2WOJO said:
This sure creates an interesting situation. I never made it in the heart (never had anyone willing to go as crazy as me to get there early enough). For Montreal I am going with 2 friends w/GA's. Do we decline if 2 of us don't beep?

If one GAer gets beeped you can yolk with another.

trevster2k said:
It can be confusing if people who are allowed to enter the ellipse don't enter and go to the tip instead or decide to stay with their friends (if more than one since some say people get to take one person inside) instead. Who is counting the people in the ellipse? Also, some friends may get separated in different lines because they have different GA tickets. There are all kinds of possible logistic problems associated with this setup. And I'm sure the staff at the stadiums are really looking forward to having to control 2 different lineups of people who instead of just hoping for to get in the ellipse are also now having to stay in line to get a good spot outside the ellipse.

The concept is straightforward but I don't like it.

Looking at the picture at the top of page 7, I doubt "controlling" the 2 lines is going to be much of a problem.

Any added shows from now on might have the odd presale ticket holder who never used their code. That would be funny to see a separate line with only 10 people in it.

"Controlling the lines" means having to supply personnal to implement the whole process and answer questions, etc. I don't mean riot control.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

If one GAer gets beeped you can yolk with another.

My problem is I am going with my brother and a friend and unless 2 out of 3 of us beep, the choice is have 2 of us go in and 1 not which would be pretty uncool for the one. Hopefully all three of us beep, and my single brother can find the hottest french girl to bring in as his special guest.

trevster2k said:
Any added shows from now on might have the odd presale ticket holder who never used their code. That would be funny to see a separate line with only 10 people in it.

And keychains? Or perhaps proof that they are a member? I dunno..........there's still a chance we could be seeing the U2.com line everywhere, despite a lot of the shows having never had a presale.

BigMacPhisto said:

And keychains? Or perhaps proof that they are a member? I dunno..........there's still a chance we could be seeing the U2.com line everywhere, despite a lot of the shows having never had a presale.

That's a good point. Are they determining U2.com members by pre-sale tickets or do you have to have proof that you are a member of U2.com? I guess we find out in a few hours.

I bought my GA tix off of eBay, so I have no clue whether or not they are pre-slae tix. (And on that note, I sold a pair of pre-sale GAs on eBay. If the buyer is not a U2.com member, will they still be allowed in the U2.com line because they have pre-sale tix?) On the tix I bought from eBay, they say "ADULT" on them right above"Admission". On the tix that I bought during the pre-sale, they say "J-FAN" on them right above "Admission". Is this how you determine pre-sale tix from non-pre-sale tix?

I really hope it is according to whether or not you are a U2.com member, not whether or not you go the tix during the pre-sale. :eyebrow:

trevster2k said:

"Controlling the lines" means having to supply personnal to implement the whole process and answer questions, etc. I don't mean riot control.

teenage ushers at movie theaters seem to be able to handle it...I'm sure arena event staff will have no problem 'controlling' 2 lines.

I really hope it is according to whether or not you are a U2.com member, not whether or not you go the tix during the pre-sale. :eyebrow: [/B][/QUOTE]

get ready for disappointment then...sorry.

If there's a one in ten shot just buy yourself 10 GA's to the same show. That shouldn't cost too much. Stand there and make them scan the tickets one by one until you get the magic beep. You're in.

Back
Top Bottom