Radio Station in LA announced tour start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuminousTimes

The Fly
KLOS in los angeles just announced that U2's tour will start March 28th in los angeles....Obviously, still a rumour at this point...But if a radio station decided to announce it, maybe a tour announcement is coming soon.

oh gawd..dont get me all worked up now...:drool:

I think it is rumor still though. Radio Stations are known to give out misinformation. One can hope though! :wink:

<<<keeps fingers crossed.

By the way..mark and brian still do a morning show on KLOS? I am from LA. And loved to listen to that show every morning.

I know it is still just one big fat RUMOUR....I know that....I just hope that it is a sign that something official may happen soon...I really don't care when or where the tour starts...I don't care if it is even postponed for a month or a year....the not knowing is the killer part.

I am pretty sure Mark and Brian are still the hosts in the morning...I haven't listened to them in years though.

My money says they just picked up this rumour from the Internet.

I wasn't aware there was a rumour on the internet saying the tour would start March 28th in LA. The rumours pointed to March 1st in Miami.

I just spoke with Rita Wilde from KLOS and she said that their radio station did not make that annoucement but that that rumor is posted on another radio station's site (and I am checking into that now). Rita did say, though, that she reported in her Rock Report that U2's tour is rumored to start in Las Vegas or Los Angeles.

That's really funny that they are denying saying it...It was at about 2:15pm or so...Two male DJ's where saying how the tour was gonna start on March 28...but that you didn't hear it from them.

jedi Larry said:
I wasn't aware there was a rumour on the internet saying the tour would start March 28th in LA. The rumours pointed to March 1st in Miami.

1 March in Miami was confirmed by Paul McGuinness.

Since the delay of the tour announcement, rumours have been circulating that it's now starting on the 28th in Los Angeles or Las Vegas.

I woke up to my radio station this morning saying they've looked high and low and cannot find out any information about the tour other than rumors.....

The March 28th start date in Los Angeles was first reported by atu2.com, right after the Rolling Stone report that the tour start was being delayed. Atu2.com have a good track record of receiving reliable inside information. The Las Vegas start date seems to have originated from Hot Press and would normally make more sense, as U2 would not want to start in tour in a media capital like Los Angeles, but it seems the circumstances are different due to the reported family illness. I would assume if these rumors are true that the tour will be rehearsed in LA, allowing Edge to be at home in Malibu each day.

Last edited:
This means either the tour will hit the Forum or Anaheim Pond. I was just at Disneyland during my last few days on the Metallica tour.

super fan... they won't play the forum..they will probably play staples center and anaheim pond like they did last tour.

opening night does seem to be more like las vegas than LA

woulnd't the Home Depot center be a good place for u2? i mean it's outdoors, smaller then the Colesium (i think), and it's brand new.

from what I heard they are doing arenas again in the US. So I don't think they will be doing the home depot center if its outdoors or the colesium. The forum is old and run down in my opinion. Not a great fan of the staples center but I am pretty sure thats where they will play.

Yeah, they haven't played The Forum in some time. May be better, but hey.

Vegas, you say? :ohmy:

Yee Haw! Thomas and Mack!

I just got an e-mail back from Joe Benson of Arrow 93.1, who Rita Wilde credited with the story. His music news report just said that there's buzz around the LA on March 28th and not that anything has been set one way or another.

Because they read the rumour off the Internet that has been posted for 2 weeks now it is not brain surgery to see where they got it from.

Furthermore to the LA rumour the only building that has open and available dates is the Pond in Anaheim.

The Internet in the combination with radio stations has made everything very difficult to believe.

here here Yahweh! Well said!

The radio stations have the same access we have and pull the info from the same place. Really they don't have an inside source or whatever to the industry as to what may be going down. In fact we blue crack addicts know all this stuff way before we hear it on the radio. So I would say if you rely on anything its from here, u2log or atu2.com.

Case in point, back when the u2ipod was just announced and after its release. Many many news, radio outlets kept claiming that it came preloaded when it was clearly stated by apple that it wasn't. Yet none of these news/media (like CNN, Boston Globe, Forbes, 91X radio in San Diego) outlets did absolutely no fact checking about this and just stated what was purely rumored. I found that completely amazing and was dumbfounded by it. Being a former Journalism Student. All they had to do was go to the Apple website and see the specs and would have had the correct info.

So this just goes to show how unreliable these sources can be.

That's my 2 cents... :wink:

The origional rumors had March 28 slotted for Albany, NY. Today I heard 3 times a DJ blabbing about a U2 ticket giveaway to a "secret location" being played by the band..no date, no place. But this WAS the local Britney Spears station in Albany, so it;s up in the air. And Ticketmaster now has a March 1 Miami date on its site with a seating liost, tix etc. it didn't before.

I'M SO CONFUSED..

but here;s hoping maybe the hospital has given Edge some god news and they fewel better about being on the road..

And today I got an email from U2.com (I'm a Propaganda member) about an "imminent" tour annoucement..the first private email I've gotten from them since I subscribed.

So maybe the "mass prayer" is working after all..*crosses fingers*

The Staples Center has events already scheduled at the end of March/early April. No way they would have U2 at Staples around that time.

interesting ..staples center only has duran duran in feb. Only concert booked for the whole year. So there is a possiblity that the initial dates will still hold. Because initially they were due to play in LA sometime in May. So maybe there is something to hope for all!

Quite Right

Super_Fan said:
The Staples Center has events already scheduled at the end of March/early April. No way they would have U2 at Staples around that time.

March 27th...Lakers HomeGame
March 29th...Lakers Home Game

Hard to think they could open the tour there with just one day. Hasn't the routine been setup for a week (or two) in the arena and dress rehearse? Not sure with a tour that size they could get it up and down in a day being sandwiched between two NBA games.

For Elevation, they did set up for 2 weeks in the Miami Arena, but then moved all the staging to the National Car Rental Center in Sunrise for the actual concert. It's entirely possible they could use the Forum for 2 weeks of rehearsing then move the stage into Staples Center for a show on the 28th, then take it down for the Lakers game on the 29th and set it up again for a second concert on the 30th. This type of thing does happen a lot for bands doing multiple nights in arenas. Last year at Staples, Prince did a series of shows on off nights for the Lakers during the playoffs and had the same secnerio of having to take down the stage because of a game the next day, then putting it back up again for a concert the day after the game. It doesn't cost the band anymore in labor costs to do this, since crew members are paid a weekly salary, regardless of the amount of shows they have to work on.

"Cancer Heartbreak for U2’s Edge

Heartbreaking news from the U2 camp last week. The band’s world tour, which was set to start in Florida on March 1, will be delayed because lead guitarist The Edge’s young daughter has been diagnosed with leukemia. "

From Irish Voice

Well it would be awesome for us in the area to go to the opening of this tour but I will rather wait to hear something official.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom