R U Bomb Shelter Worthy? Take This Quiz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
All the lottery / Bomb Shelter debate is getting a bit old, so time to have some fun.
One common point of view: “Real True Fans” deserve to be, and should be, in the Bomb Shelter, for lots of reasons which I don’t care to engage.

Here are 20 questions, worth 50 points – don’t scroll down and peek at the answers – it will help you decide if you are Bomb Shelter worthy.

One Point Questions

1. How many managers has U2 had?
2. How did Bono get the name Bono?
3. Who designs U2's live show?
4. Band member’s real names?

Two Point Questions

5. Has any band member missed an entire show? Why?
6. Brand name of the car floating during the Zoo Tour?
7. Name one city where Rattle and Hum was filmed.
8. Bono's wife is named?
9. Adam used to date which super model?
10. Name one name the band used to go by?

Three Point Questions
11. Name four opening acts, any tour, any leg.
12. One Tree Hill is dedicated to / about a friend of U2's that….
13. Name two books about U2
14. What company or person promoted the Red Rocks show in 1983?
15. Bono's wife has a clothing brand, name the brand.
16. What 1980's rock and roll benefit helped propel U2's global career?

Four Point Questions
17. What is Paul McGuiness' share of the proceeds?
18. Where did U2 play the night after Red Rocks in 1983?
19. Name three of the other acts that played during the Conspiracy of Hope Tour with U2 in support of Amnesty International.
20. What city on the opening leg of the Vertigo Tour has U2 never played before?

Scoring Scale

Less than 15: Sorry, time to sell your tickets.
16-25: Hello nosebleeds, go buy a book and study up.
26-39: Bomb Shelter Eligible, good luck with the beep.
40 Plus: You are a Real True Fan -- Welcome to the Bomb Shelter!

Answers – To the best of my ability:

1. One, Paul McGuiness
2. Named after a retail outlet that sold hearing aids, BonoVox?
3. Willie Williams
4. Adam Clayton, Dave Evans, Paul Hewson, Larry Mullen Jr.
5. Yes, Adam, partied too much the night before
6. Trabant
7. Denver, CO -- not sure on the others
8. Ali
9. Naomi Campbell
10. The Hype (I think)
11. The Alarm, BoDeans, No Doubt, KOL
12. Passed away in a motorcycle accident in New Zealand?
13. Walk On – the Spiritual Journey of U2, The Unforgettable Fire
14. Barry Fey / Feyline Presents
15. EDUN, nude backwards (?)
16. Live Aid
17. One-fifth, as far as I know
18. Boulder Colorado, Coors Events Center
19. Joan Baez, Peter Gabriel, Sting / Police? Reuben Blades
20. Omaha, Nebraska

7. There was also footage from Tempe (colour), and San Francisco (Watchtower).
12. Greg Carroll; he was a New Zealander but he was killed in Dublin.
20. You asked for the first leg, not the third.

U2 was called Feedback back in the day because... anyone know why? :wink:

Name the fifth member of U2 (not PM) that left the band resulting in its current (and only) version.

Last edited:
Axver said:
12. Greg Carroll; he was a New Zealander but he was killed in Dublin.
20. You asked for the first leg, not the third.

My bad -- correction -- it's late, and I'm too tired to remember "leg numbers" Question 20 should read 3rd leg, not first leg of the Vertigo Tour.

Ax, how come you never emailed me back about a trade? Did you ever get my trade list? You must be bored, no Setlist Party Thread to host for what, like 4 more days? :wink:

BWU2Buffs said:
Ax, how come you never emailed me back about a trade? Did you ever get my trade list? You must be bored, no Setlist Party Thread to host for what, like 4 more days? :wink:

Oh, goodness, is there an unread e-mail from you in my inbox? I'll go check and e-mail you later! Or maybe my last reply didn't go through ... anyway, will check!

OK, Omaha is being played on the third leg, but there is a city U2 played in on the first leg they've never played before. Anybody know???

This is a semi-trick question by the way....

fifth member?

Dick Evans.. Edge's brother... who's been probably kicking his own ass for the past 25 years

pepokiss said:
fifth member?

Dick Evans.. Edge's brother... who's been probably kicking his own ass for the past 25 years

That's what I think... :) I wonder if Edge jokes with him about it? Heh heh...

paultjr said:
OK, Omaha is being played on the third leg, but there is a city U2 played in on the first leg they've never played before. Anybody know???

This is a semi-trick question by the way....

Glendale, Arizona. Not quite God's country...more like strip mall, car dealership, retirement community country.

Last edited:
Axver said:
and memphis (sun studios, graceland, the riverbluff - better known to non-memphians as that area they were at near the river with the bridge in the background). :shame:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Best post of the day.

I guess both of these posts amount to a "the bomb shelter lottery sucks because..." argument. I think it's about time that we recognize that U2 has chosen not to follow first come, first served protocol. The original post is creative. We'd appreciate it if you do not demean it with non-responses.

If the first post was the "best post of the day," then U2 would agree right away to allow admittance in that way.

Re: Re: R U Bomb Shelter Worthy? Take This Quiz!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

omaha is on the third leg... you failed your own quiz.

Actually, if you read further down, you'd realize the error you have referenced was corrected.

MTEdge said:

I guess both of these posts amount to a "the bomb shelter lottery sucks because..." argument. I think it's about time that we recognize that U2 has chosen not to follow first come, first served protocol. The original post is creative. We'd appreciate it if you do not demean it with non-responses.

If the first post was the "best post of the day," then U2 would agree right away to allow admittance in that way.

Wasn't this thread supposed to poke fun at all of this? I thought Headache's reply was funny. I think most of us are over the Lottery thing.

FYI - I got into the Ellipse at my first show and I still think the system sucks but whatever. It's U2's gameplan and we'll deal with it.

Re: Re: Re: R U Bomb Shelter Worthy? Take This Quiz!

MTEdge said:

Actually, if you read further down, you'd realize the error you have referenced was corrected.

thanks officer

and btw... we'd appreciate it if you not try and admonish people for posting a silly little joke about a silly little thread... between the two of us we have over 35,000 posts (sad and/or pathetic, i know)... i think we know the rules by now.

Last edited:
Re: Re: R U Bomb Shelter Worthy? Take This Quiz!

omaha is on the third leg... you failed your own quiz.

I prefer to think of it as a late night typing error.

Kind of funny that far as I can tell, only one post refers to a score -- 43.

Only leads me to conclude that this lottery is way more emotional for people than I ever imagined... oh well; next time I'll keep my silly little thread ideas to myself.

here's my quiz...

Q- are you willing to stand in line for 12 hours to get into the ellipse?

if the answer is yes, please proceed inside... meaningless trivia need not apply.

Nice!!! :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: R U Bomb Shelter Worthy? Take This Quiz!

thanks officer

and btw... we'd appreciate it if you not try and admonish people for posting a silly little joke about a silly little thread... between the two of us we have over 35,000 posts (sad and/or pathetic, i know)... i think we know the rules by now.

lol, internet seniority.... i like it :wink:

I dont think the standing in line thing is proper either myself, what they should do is split the GA area into about 6 sections and whatever section you are in you are in.

Trust me I have seen a lot of morons in the GA lines the last 2 tours that were willing to stand for 12 hours to meet Bone-O

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R U Bomb Shelter Worthy? Take This Quiz!

grbounds said:

lol, internet seniority.... i like it :wink:

Internet seniority and a pair of GA's get you all the way to the front rail in the ellipse... oh wait, they don't. :banghead: It sucks, I know. :banghead: :censored:

The initial post (in this thread) was an attempt to have some fun with the bomb shelter lottery by trying to facetiously determine who was a "real fan." In fact, as you probably noticed, I attempted to add two more questions to the intial quiz. The scoring, as we all know, was a subjective matter especially since we all think we are "real fans." :wink:

Sadly, my more recent post in trying to keep this thread on topic went by wayside. D'oh!

FWIW, knowing the rules requires playing by the rules, too. :wink:

Conspiracy of Hope:
Neville Brothers, Joan Baez, Lou Reed, Jackson Browne, Peter Gabriel, Bryan Adams, Sting, U2

that was the line-up from the kickoff show on the tour. other acts joined on other tour stops.

okay, we all need to calm down about this. this is just a silly little quiz. no need for anyone to act like anyone's better than the next person. registration dates and post counts have nothing to do with it.

that being said, i got 44 i think, since someone pointed out no one's posting their scores. :wink:

since i don't currently have tickets to any show (and haven't seen them on this tour yet), does this mean i get a free GA ticket?? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom