quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dodger

The Fly
I'm going crazy and can't find the answer. Can some one please tell me who opened up for U2 on the Elevation tour, leg 1. I know No Doubt opened up leg 3 in the states but I am totally blanking about leg 1. I believe it was a female. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much. It's been driving me crazy. I must not of thaught she was anything to brag about either if I couldn't even remember her. Thanks again.

BEVERLY56 said:
P J Harvey opened in Cleveland. (I thought she stunk)

You're not wrong there!

Having said that, she didn't universally stink like Kelis did for Elevation in the UK!

Hey Kelis - "I hate you so much right now!"

i actually preferred kelis to pj harvey :yikes:

nelly furtado also opened a few shows on the first leg because pj was sick or something

The Corrs also did a few shows while PJ was sick...I enjoyed PJ much more than Kings of Leon. I can still hear that noise ringing in my ears.

PJ Harvey was planned to open all the shows, but she got sick and missed the first ten show or something. Nelly Furtado picked up two shows I think, and the Corrs opened the other shows.

I was excited to see PJ, but ended up seeing Nelly Furtado, which I have to say was a bit of a letdown.

As for leg 3, No Doubt opened many shows, but Garbage also opened a bunch of shows, and the Stereophonics opened a couple of the shows.

Still, it's gotta be tough to open for U2 - I suppose a measure of respect is called for (just a lil measure tho) :wink:

stevec said:

You're not wrong there!

Having said that, she didn't universally stink like Kelis did for Elevation in the UK!

Hey Kelis - "I hate you so much right now!"

I actually felt sorry for Kelis on Slane. I just couldn't get myself to wave my hands and join in. It was ... poor girl ... warming up for 80 000 U2 fans.

Fun Lovin' Criminals! :rockon:

"Scooby Snacks" was amazing from my nosebleed seats on Popmart. I think I would've preferred a roadie reading the Philadelphia phone book for half an hour.

After putting in earplugs, I really liked Kings of Leon. They were just too damn loud.

ElectricalVoice said:

I actually felt sorry for Kelis on Slane. I just couldn't get myself to wave my hands and join in. It was ... poor girl ... warming up for 80 000 U2 fans.

LOL yeah - probably the toughest gig she will ever have played in her young life. Ouch!

On the third leg Garbage opened up in Tampa and they really stunk.

Back
Top Bottom