Quick I need U2 fan opinions !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutdown

The Fly
If you had the chance to be quoted in an article for a newspaper of one of the largest cities in the US in regards to the Ticketmaster/U2.com fanclub fiasco, would you do it ? This is NOT a hypothetical question.

At some stage, U2, U2.com, TM, Fanfire will all have some kind of statement to make too I'm sure, so why not?

It's your opinion - you should voice it if you feel you want/have to. All you can do is speak for yourself and give your account of what happened, or how you feel, or were affected by the last 24 hours.

It's really no different to what people are doing in here anyway.

Of course you should, shutdown.

The tickets ARE incredibly expensive, even by U2 standards.

And the band, by accepting to kill a well-working, fan-friendly service like Propaganda, only to replace by crappy little 'ol U2.com and corporate monster Ticketmaster, have dropped the ball.

In this particular affair, facts speak for themselves.

As much as we all love U2 to death and recognize the fact that this isn't entirely their fault, it doesn't mean that, as fans, we have to take and accept everything that's being thrown our way.

In love and mutual respect, it takes two to tango, they say.

Are you a journalist and wanting fan opinions? We've had a couple of those in here already, and Interference will be publishing it's own fan reaction story on Monday.

I'd have no problem sounding off about this for any newspaper. U2 deserve a little bad press. It's not to bring the band down or anything.

of course...thats what freedom of press and freedom of speech is all about...let them know what went wrong!

Feel free to quote me.

I feel cheated. I spent $40 for a u2.com membership to get in on a presale of tickets for "guaranteed priority" seats. After six minutes of error messages on Ticketmaster's website, I was offered seats...way in the back among the rafters for over $160 apiece. A total scam.

HelloAngel said:
Are you a journalist and wanting fan opinions? We've had a couple of those in here already, and Interference will be publishing it's own fan reaction story on Monday.

Not a journalist. Just a fan.

shutdown said:
If you had the chance to be quoted in an article for a newspaper of one of the largest cities in the US in regards to the Ticketmaster/U2.com fanclub fiasco, would you do it ? This is NOT a hypothetical question.

Back
Top Bottom