Question regarding Philly 5/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dude in white

Babyface
When I couldn't use my great seat (sec 115, row 6) for Sunday's show, I agreed to sell it for $150 to a fan ($30 less than I paid). Emailed it to him, with a condition that he could send me a check if he'd give me a phone # and address, so I could have at least a little "protection" in the form of a way to contact him. Once I emailed it to him, he told me he had already bought one from someone else and would try to sell mine (mine was a much better seat). He stayed in touch up until about 8, but each call made the situation seem more and more grim, saying tickets were hard to even give away. He told me he'd send me $20.

My question, and you don't need to jump all over me for being so naive for emailing the ticket with only the word of a stranger, is this: do any of you know the situation as far as buyers and sellers went Sunday? I can't imagine it being difficult to sell a fantastic, stageside seat to any U2 show.

I feel like i was duped....duped in Boston...

I know somebody who had to sell a pair of sect 115 row 14 for $20 a piece too.

There were more sellers than buyers on Sunday, especially around 8/8:30. I saw a few people sell their tix for well below face. He probably sold them to a scalper, not a fan. And the scalper probably sold it for whatever he could get above $20.

I had made an arrangement with someone here to sell my ticket (nosebleed) but when they still hadn`t showed up at 5:30pm and the GA line was entering, I had to hold my nose and sell my ticket to a scalper for $30.00 USD.

I ended up with an extra, equally fantastic seat (Section 114, Row 5), and could not get rid of it on Sunday. My husband and I gave it away to someone we had met earlier who had a nosebleed seat - we heard from him after the show, and his gratitude made me (almost) not care that we couldn't sell it.

I ended up selling a GA ticket for $50 US.....which I think is approximately $10 less as I didn't include the service charge......but the ticket was for a fellow fan....so....good karma is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom