Question about losing your tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livehead

The Fly
My friend lost his tickets for Philly. Ticketmaster reissued him new tickets. Then he found the tickets he lost, so now he has duplicates. One ticket is a GA, the other is a regular seat.

He is planning on using both sets of tickets. The ones he lost, and the reissued ones.

Question, will he get away with this? Do lost tickets become voided if they've been reissued?

With the new barcode technology/scanning, I'm guessing yes. Anybody think otherwise?

I would guess if he told them he lost them and they issued new ones, the old ones would be void.

Best bet is to call Ticketmaster and ask I guess.

whew. he could possible be able to, but i wouldn't try it. just the stress alone, wondering if it would work would ruin the concert experience for me.

then again, during the Elevation Tour, i snuck into an empty seat front row, side of the stage, when my tickets were behind the stage, 300 level. so go nuts!:wink:

Sicy said:
I would guess if he told them he lost them and they issued new ones, the old ones would be void.

My hunch is that they will definitely be voided out.

I'd also recommend going to an outlet and talking to someone in person -- call them up with this story and they might think you are a total scam artist and void all of them out.

Either that or just use the re-issued ones.

I wouldn't risk it. Ticketmaster is using those bar code readers to avoid situations like this. Nice to know they easily reissued the tickets, though, when your friend thought they were lost.

nobody do this. it is wrong.

he is in a great position to totally rip someone off though!

just make sure he keeps the correct tickets and arrives at the arena before the other guy.

how much would it suck to sit in a ga line all day and find out your ticket is no good?

Always put your ticket(s) in a plastic bag. Thats how I pulled off another Miracle in San Diego the night before the show.

Super_Fan said:
Always put your ticket(s) in a plastic bag. Thats how I pulled off another Miracle in San Diego the night before the show.

Um, huh? Your post leave too much to the imagination! Please explain. :ohmy:

Super_Fan said:
:scratch: Do what?? You'll have to elaborate for me - what does a plastic bag have to do with anything?!?! :eyebrow:

#26 from San Diego here Super_fan.

I don't think that having your tickets in the plastic bag helped you at all. In fact, I think that if you had kept them in your wallet like everyone else they never would have been misplaced accidentally.

I once lost my undergarments while on a great journey to the countryside for the finest poutine this nation has to offer. :drool:

Luckily, those undergarments had been carefully stored in a plastic bag. :flirt:

The old tickets would definitely be voided...that would just be too easy.....

He's not planning on selling them to a stranger. He's selling them to a friend. I think in the old days you could get away with it, but not now. thanks for your input.

livehead said:
My friend lost his tickets for Philly. Ticketmaster reissued him new tickets. Then he found the tickets he lost, so now he has duplicates. One ticket is a GA, the other is a regular seat.

He is planning on using both sets of tickets. The ones he lost, and the reissued ones.

Question, will he get away with this? Do lost tickets become voided if they've been reissued?

With the new barcode technology/scanning, I'm guessing yes. Anybody think otherwise?

You're saying they mailed out another set of tickets? Typically TM will only let a second set of tickets be picked up at will call w/ the CC the tix were bought with along with picture ID.

Yeah, I agree with U2wedge, usually they are at will call.

Super_Fan...another well timed completely mystical random thought. No idea what you are talking about. :wink:

Back in 2001, I went to game 1 of the World Series (Diamondbacks - yankees) and I dropped my ticket somewhere on the road.

As soon as I noticed it, I went to the ticket office, filed a complaint with the Police and showed the box office proof of purchase (Credit card that I used to puchase it). They voided the old ticket, and reissued me a new one.

The lady told me that if someone is sitting in my seat, then my ticket will take preference over theirs. A guy did come and demanded that I got out of my chair, I called the usher, he took care of it.

communist said:
Back in 2001, I went to game 1 of the World Series (Diamondbacks - yankees) and I dropped my ticket somewhere on the road.

As soon as I noticed it, I went to the ticket office, filed a complaint with the Police and showed the box office proof of purchase (Credit card that I used to puchase it). They voided the old ticket, and reissued me a new one.

The lady told me that if someone is sitting in my seat, then my ticket will take preference over theirs. A guy did come and demanded that I got out of my chair, I called the usher, he took care of it.

TM does imprint 'Replacement' on the replacement tickets to boot the person out of the seat who may have obtained the lost/stolen tickets.

This all raises the question... What is to prevent the original purchaser of a ticket from selling the ticket for a profit, then calling Ticketmaster and saying he lost it and getting a new one? Puts a new spin on buying tickets on the secondary market doesn't it?

livehead said:
He's not planning on selling them to a stranger. He's selling them to a friend. I think in the old days you could get away with it, but not now. thanks for your input.
They won't be his "friend" for long if he rips them off

Back
Top Bottom