Question about General Admission Floor Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissag

Babyface
Last tour we were "demoted" to the side seats (aka the Golden Ring of Hell). This time around we are considering the general admission tickets for the floor.

Does anyone know how this works? How do they determine who gets to enter the show first and get the best standing room?

Is it first come first serve?
Is it braclet issued?
Do they issue lottery?

Thanks.

last time everybody just sat in line outside the arenas, and if I remember, didn't they all get there the night before? There was no lottery (which we all suggested) and there was no bracelets, another good suggestion, just people sitting there outside each arena for 24 hrs.

In SLC there were a few fans that arrived the night before. It was the beginning of November and I didn't want to spend the night outside. I arrived with a couple of friends around 9:00 AM and we lined up. Some fans at the front were taking names and assigning numbers as people showed up. We didn't know that at first but we got numbers written on our hands with a Sharpie. Luckily, security honored the fans' system and the first 250 or so people got into the heart.

What really bugged me was that there was a group of guys that butted into line, got pulled out by security but still ended up in the heart somehow.

I talked to a few fans and it was either in Phoenix or Denver on the 1st leg when people that arrived at 3:00 PM still got into the heart. However, I'm guessing camping out or getting there really early (before 7 AM) will be the best way to get inside the oval. The word is out about just how cool it is.

Back
Top Bottom