Protect Yourself! (Kinda misleading...but what the heck!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Edge89

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm going to the show in Sweden in 4 months, and as a musician (even if it's just a hobby) I want to protect my ears.

How loud is the show?
What plugs should I use?

I was at the Elevation how last time, so this will be my 2nd time.

Last edited:
Very good question. My hearing has gotten worse and wose from going to concers but for the most part I'd say any sort of ear protection is better than nothing.

I usually use those little foam buds that fit into the ear. You can buy them at the local pharmacy.

I've never been to a rock concert, but I know my hearing is sensitive sometimes so I am thinking I should take some earplugs just in case I have any problems. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to do, so I'm interested in seeing what others have to say on this thread.

How well does the sound fill the arena (especially in the Fleet Centre, Boston, where I'm seeing my three shows)? I have nosebleeds for the first night and GA for the next two, and while I am thinking I should carry earplugs with me just as a precaution for the GA shows, should I bother for the nosebleeds or won't the sound be as loud back there?

Well the closer you are to the stacks, the louder the sound is. It also depends on the angle at which the sound hits you as well.

I remember seeing The Cure about six years back and having my righ ear ringing for a day and a half from the angle I was sitting at. I've never been to a U2 concert before but I imagine that the sound quality is crisp and clear with even levels.

Axver said:
I've never been to a rock concert, but I know my hearing is sensitive sometimes so I am thinking I should take some earplugs just in case I have any problems. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to do, so I'm interested in seeing what others have to say on this thread.

How well does the sound fill the arena (especially in the Fleet Centre, Boston, where I'm seeing my three shows)? I have nosebleeds for the first night and GA for the next two, and while I am thinking I should carry earplugs with me just as a precaution for the GA shows, should I bother for the nosebleeds or won't the sound be as loud back there?

I'll look out for you at the show, old friend.

The sound on Monday night was not that loud. I had to wear earplugs for Kings of Leon, but I took them out for U2. I only noticed a slight ringing when I went to sleep. Not bad at all. I was in the upper section of the arena though.

The_Edge89 said:
How loud is the show?
What plugs should I use?

I was directly in front of The Edge. My ears are still ringing to a certain degree. Not as bad though. It doesn't really matter what you wear. Anything will help. The couple next to my literally shoved cotton in their ears :lol:

*RG3* said:
Well the closer you are to the stacks, the louder the sound is.

There are no stacks with the current stage design. I take that back, there are some hanging from the rafters up above the audience. Oh and a couple of vintage amps stage right from Larry.

Back
Top Bottom