Problems with the backing tracks this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I haven't heard alot of boots so far, maybe 2 or 3 and I don't know which shows. But I did notice a bunch of times whatever method they're using for the backing tracks, i.e. synth parts, etc. haven't always synched up or begun at the right times.
For example, I've got one boot of miracle drug where edge plays the opening riff like a million times before the keyboards and larry come in, and when they do, it's rather awkward. Same deal on COBL, long intro and when edge comes in everyone else is kinda not sure when to start, and you can hear a false start of the piano. I also noticed some stuff on mysterious ways and sycmioyo.

what's the deal? I've never heard them screw up with the sequencer/cd player/person behind the stage before...
I guess they weren't as rehearsed with this stuff for this tour?

JOFO said:
I haven't heard alot of boots so far, maybe 2 or 3 and I don't know which shows. But I did notice a bunch of times whatever method they're using for the backing tracks, i.e. synth parts, etc. haven't always synched up or begun at the right times.
For example, I've got one boot of miracle drug where edge plays the opening riff like a million times before the keyboards and larry come in, and when they do, it's rather awkward. Same deal on COBL, long intro and when edge comes in everyone else is kinda not sure when to start, and you can hear a false start of the piano. I also noticed some stuff on mysterious ways and sycmioyo.

what's the deal? I've never heard them screw up with the sequencer/cd player/person behind the stage before...
I guess they weren't as rehearsed with this stuff for this tour?

I know that the 2 Chicago shows I saw that during Miracle Drug the Edge did play forever, but that was to allow Bono to do some talking. The entrance of Larry and keys never did sound right on. Although I will say it seems that Bono is singing a line of the first verse a little drug out and it sounds like he's behind the band(or they're ahead of him), but he is chosing to do it that way.

Last night, in COBL Adam played the keys. I don't know if he has done this the whole tour or not(I would assume so), but he did last night. That might be the reason for the "false start."

for chicago one the synthesizer for miracle drug came in too early, it had to stop and then it came in again, it stopped again really quick, then bono had to tell it when to start

for chicago 2 or 3 (i forgot which one) it came in too late, bono finished his speech and was just standing there for a little bit before it came on

so they still have a little work to do to perfect everything, thats why im surprised they shot a dvd so early in the tour

Back
Top Bottom