Private Jet Graphics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a search last week of both the USA and Europe charter companies that the band used for Elevation, but was unable to turn up either the call letters or photos of the Jets. Give it a few weeks and we will have planty of pics...

I'd love to see the Vertigo jet.

Last tour the Elevation air flew RIGHT over the GA line in Vegas. It was very very cool :drool:

Didn't we already have pics of Elevation air before the tour started? Things are really closed tight in the U2 camp these days.

Yes, the Vegas fly over was very very cool. :yes:

i drive past LAX twice a day and this morning i was trying my hardest to find it and almost crashed. i will be at the airport today so i will look around some more and ask around, if i spot it i will definitely take a pic.

Dalton said:
Will someone please post shots of the plane with other logos? thanks,

U2_737a.jpg

a9dfec9d_a.jpg

attachment.php

Awesome article mentioning the plane company etc. :drool:

Trying to find the Popmart plane. :mad:

Last edited:
I'm still trying to picture a plane with Vertigoair on it with a friggin' target/bullseye emblem attached to it :huh:

honsetly can't wait for the pictures:D

nurse chrissi said:
I'm still trying to picture a plane with Vertigoair on it with a friggin' target/bullseye emblem attached to it :huh:

honsetly can't wait for the pictures:D

Yeah someone earlier was wondering what the graphic and the first thing that occured to me was a giant target on the side. Of course, the conotation didn't occur to me until just now.

Targets on planes, probably not a good idea.

For the nerdiest of nerds:

U2 Elevation Air North America, chartered 727-300 Stretch Series.

U2 Elevation Air Europe, chartered 737-800 series.

In commercial use these planes both hold about 130-155 depending on the cabin set up.

As I remember in Vegas, the plane didn't fly directly over the venue but to the west about 2 miles...I have some pictures from the opposite side of the building as the GA line...and it is a ways off.

On Phoenix 2 I missed them at the airport by a minute, just enough to feel the jet blast as they taxied out away from the GA area.

For those that are trying to see the plane, look for it at the General Aviation area of said airport. They won't be near the commercial terminals. In San Diego, the General Aviation terminal is on Pacific Coast Highway on the opposite side of the runway from the commercial terminal.

*an interesting side note, this is the site of the former Windsock restaurant where Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis have their water in Top Gun. I know all you travelers will be searching out the Top Gun sites in San Diego, there are lots of them*

Hi!

Where's the tour bus? No tour bus? All tours have a tour bus! That's what makes it a tour..............{sorry....I'm confusing my Country with Rock}.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Perhaps they will throw everyone off and have a gigantic pastrami sandwich on the side of the plane, or even better...use the Backstreet Boys plane, I'm sure its available.:wink:

cmb737 said:
For the nerdiest of nerds:

U2 Elevation Air North America, chartered 727-300 Stretch Series.

U2 Elevation Air Europe, chartered 737-800 series.

In commercial use these planes both hold about 130-155 depending on the cabin set up.

As I remember in Vegas, the plane didn't fly directly over the venue but to the west about 2 miles...I have some pictures from the opposite side of the building as the GA line...and it is a ways off.

On Phoenix 2 I missed them at the airport by a minute, just enough to feel the jet blast as they taxied out away from the GA area.

For those that are trying to see the plane, look for it at the General Aviation area of said airport. They won't be near the commercial terminals. In San Diego, the General Aviation terminal is on Pacific Coast Highway on the opposite side of the runway from the commercial terminal.

*an interesting side note, this is the site of the former Windsock restaurant where Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis have their water in Top Gun. I know all you travelers will be searching out the Top Gun sites in San Diego, there are lots of them*

skerritacular

Back
Top Bottom