Presale Tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiegoo

Babyface
Does anyone know if u2 has a fanclub of somesort where we will be able to buy presale tickets ?

THANKS

I heard they are going to be using a new site to do this, and members will be able to purchase tickets on a special sale ahead of time. Which is great, they sell out so quickly if you try and get them the official opening day. Last two concerts I went to, I couldnt get online cause the server was busy and had to buy them on an auction on Ebay (in other words, a lot of $$$$).

I understand the newly revamped U2.com will have a way for fans to get tickets, not sure exactly how that is going to work yet but if and when I hear will keep all up to date..

It's already been announced that presales are to be handled by Fanfire.com (though the sign-up to Fanfire might be through U2.com), for which a membership fee will be payable. For the Rolling Stones tour last year (not sure if this was Fanfire, but the principle will be the same), the membership fee was $95, which gave priority booking of 4 tickets to only one show - hence fans wanting to book multiple shows had to pay the fee multiple times. There seems to be an expectation that existing subscribers to Propoganda will get some kind of concession, though we don't yet know how this will work.

I hope they do set up a site to do this! I can't wait to see them when they come to the US! Thanks for the info, I will keep a close watch for it.
Fred and Teri
Savannah GA

Robert2255 said:
It's already been announced that presales are to be handled by Fanfire.com (though the sign-up to Fanfire might be through U2.com), for which a membership fee will be payable. For the Rolling Stones tour last year (not sure if this was Fanfire, but the principle will be the same), the membership fee was $95, which gave priority booking of 4 tickets to only one show - hence fans wanting to book multiple shows had to pay the fee multiple times. There seems to be an expectation that existing subscribers to Propoganda will get some kind of concession, though we don't yet know how this will work.

So basically you are paying an additional $95.00 for seats that sounds scalper ish to me. And if you want to go to more than one show another $95.00 that nice. I hope that they don't do something like that. I wouldn't mind paying $95.00 if I could buy up to four tickets that could be for any show. That's awful.

Tickets are going to be a headache, I can feel it already and I am dreading it. :(

If they do the same as the Stones, than that's really a case of ripping off the fans! I hope (and think) U2 is so smart not to do this to their dedicated fans. What the Stones did was making money in a cheap way....they also askes 114 (!!!!!) euros for a seat in ahoy'(Rotterdam arena). Hate that!

phommel said:
But everyone will have the possibility to get tickets. Just be first in the row at your local ticket sale store...

From what people here have said, being first in line doesn't guarantee you a thing.

Robert2255 said:
There seems to be an expectation that existing subscribers to Propoganda will get some kind of concession, though we don't yet know how this will work.

I am praying that this is the case. :sigh:

It made things so easy to just fill out that form and know you were going to get some half-way decent seats even if there was a limit of 2.

Does anyone know how to confirm that you are/were an existing subscriber to Propaganda????? (I'm fairly certain that my renewal has not yet been filled.)

I can hear the bomb-bay doors opening!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Most of the places around here Florida don't allow people to get in line early. So what they do is hand out tickets to everyone and you have to get back inline in the order of the number on the tickets.

For Elevation I was lucky enough to get tickets through Propaganda and U2.com. Didn't they have a password in an email that let you onto the ticketmaster site to purchase ahead of time. Seems like I remember that....but then again, I'm getting old LOL

phommel said:
But everyone will have the possibility to get tickets. Just be first in the row at your local ticket sale store...

When I tried getting tickets through a ticketmaster outlet for the elevation tour... it did not matter how early you showed up and whether or not you were first because they ended up doing a raffel a few minutes before tix went on sale in order to determine the order of the line!! The people that were there first and thought they were first in line ended up at the end of line and the last person to arrive ended up first. I am gratefull that propaganda came through for me though or I would have ended up in the balcony as usual. I'm hoping u2 will replace prop with something just as good.

Back
Top Bottom