PRESALE: The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was able to get 2 tix for San Diego GA!! But only after problems!! I was able to secure the tix at about 10:07AM PST!! I was so shocked and of course I am excited!! This whole Ticketmaster thing is always a disaster!
See you in SD!

I got two GA to San Jose. But that was my THIRD choice after Chicago and Denver.

But that's better than nothing. I am lucky.

lucky people, for a lot of us all we've ever had is the page saying "internal error" and at this point, I can't take it anymore. So much for fan club tickets.

Jenn121 said:
I got 2 seats in sec. 308 for 5/24 in Boston. I can't do GA because I'll be 6 months pregnant at the time, and couldn't afford the $165 seats. But since I sat directly behind the stage in the LAST ROW of the Fleet Center during Elevation and still had a great time, I don't really care where my seats are...I'm just happy to be in the building!

Of course, now I have to convince my husband that we can afford to go to the show on the 26th too.

I got seats in sec 308 for 5/24 in Boston, too! Of course I wanted GA's but at least I'm there.

PS Congratulations on the baby!!!!!

Last edited:
Boston 5/24. Wanted GA of course, but no luck. Since I have been jobless for almost 6 months, I resorted to nosebleeds. But no biggie. As long as I am surrounded by fans and the music, I guess I don't mind too much.

U2morrow said:
Boston 5/24. Wanted GA of course, but no luck. Since I have been jobless for almost 6 months, I resorted to nosebleeds. But no biggie. As long as I am surrounded by fans and the music, I guess I don't mind too much.

I applaud you and your attitude. Happiness IS seeing and hearing U2 live. Just be there!

Long days and pleasant nights!

msg 5/21: i had to settle for upper deck too, but at least i am going to one show!! looking forward to it too.

As unbelievable as it is to me I finally got through to San Diego and got a ticket, not the greatest one but I'm happy (if you can say that, I feel like shit).

L4A Row 1.

So in conclusion I was able to get 2 ok seats for my nephew in NJ with his code (I won't be able to go because I can't get off work that week), and 1 crappy seat that I don't even remember where it is in Boston (with the code I bought in my father's name) for the 25/5 and this one for San Diego.

MSG was utterly impossible, I never even got a chance. I'm not even sure at this point I'll even try for one in the general sale.

I feel like dying now, I'm spent. I hope by the time the day of the show comes around the bitter taste this has left in my mouth is gone.

United Center
Section 306
Row 5

AND

United Center
General Admission

GA is awesome. The seats my brother bought will be neat too, because fifth row of the United Center offers a great upper-deck view. I was all the way at the back for Elevation; this will be far superior.

Even so, I hope to score some GA's for that show during the public sale. ;)

Philadelphia- my brother didn't get GA but he got for the mezzanine section 224 7th row, so not bad. It's to the left of the stage and fairly close, considering that we'll be up there. This will be my first concert and I'm already psyched!!

Last edited:
2 philly reserved tix in the upper deck. row 2 not bad but i declined the row 15 on my 2nd try. THATS THE LAST DAMN ROW! they screwed us on the best tix in the house part of the deal. o well. i will try my luck for more this weekend.

4 GA for Glasgow

Haven't had a confirmation email from Ticketmaster yet though, and they messed up my other code (I registered twice on different names) so hopefully that gets sorted in time for the Dublin presale.

Row 1, Seat 1 in section 115 for San Jose......I figure that's where the egg thing will pop out or whatever, so it'll be cool to be at the tip of it......and if the other rumor is true where the stage will be in the center (which could be true considering that they're selling seats behind the band), then I've got the best seat in the house.........nosebleed 116 were the best I had the first go around, but I tried getting GA, but now I'm actually happier with what I have. I'll still attempt to do some GA damage during the public order this weekend though. :wink:

I got a pair of GA's for San Jose and so did my friend! Whew, it only took 8 minutes of freaking out and re-entering the info over and over--I thought those 'system error' messages were going to kill me! Still can't believe I actually got through (and probably won't until I have the tix in my hand).

HP Pavilion, San Jose, California
Section 106 Row 4 Seats 5-6

Are these ok? anyone been there for a concert in this seating area?

I am just happy I got tickets.

kind of bummed i didn't get GA :(

Finally after an hour and 40 minutes I have San Diego tickets. T12 Row 12.
T=Terrace=nosebleeds=bullshit - for almost $200 each. I would rather have done what I did last tour and paid $200 to a scalper for GA's.

Two tickets to Philly show.
Row 207, a little more than halfway up, but I got the first row. Right in front of the stage. Still doesnt make me feel any better considering what I had to go through today and the fact that this was option #412 for me priority wise.

I had the same "internal error" problem, but finally got 2 GA for San Diego after about 6 minutes. Now I just hope I can pick up a couple GAs sunday for the LA show.

LiLJennie said:
I am just happy I got tickets.

kind of bummed i didn't get GA :(

Very few of us got GA.....probably 50 people, tops for our preorder considering all of the tickets already on eBay etc......I guess we can just be glad we got tickets for this first show.......they can always add a second show and there is the general public order this weekend.

yes

got 4 tickets for Twickenham, not without difficulty, and the usual fleecing by Ticketbastard, and this time the fleecing by U2 themselves

greedy bastards- this show had better be good!

I am the proud holder of 2 "reserved seat" tickets to the 5/14 Philadelphia show at the Wachovia Center.

Let's be clear here, though - I am a South Florida resident. The tour schedule changed and Miami got the boot - okay, fine. I have family in Philly, so I shelled out $40.00 to join U2.com so that I could take part in the pre-sale, $175.00 for round-trip airfare to Philadelphia, and now $126.50 for 2 tickets in what amounts to the nosebleed section of the WC.

I hit search first for "best available" at 10:00:01 on the NOSE, and came back with a Section 108, Row 18 location for $165.00/per. I declined those, then hit search for GA tickets at 10:02. I spent about fifteen minutes trying for GA with "not available" results each time. Finally, I decided that I'd better take what I could get and went back to "best available". Now I'm in Section 207, Row 9. I'm probably about as far from the stage as you can get without being at the Spectrum. ;)

Bet your ass I'll be back online Saturday morning with my mouse finger poised and ready. What a fiasco. Ticketmaster and U2.com should be ashamed of themselves.

I ordered at about 10:04 and got 2 $165 tix for 5/26 in Boston, in Loge2, Row 2. I was surprised that they were so expensive. I guess I had seen the prices, but figured, "No way I can afford those," and was looking for GA tix. But when it came up I figured if I turned them down I might not get another chance at it so I took them. (sigh) The whole experience reminded me that I was not able to get GA during the Elevation tour either so I resorted to springing for an ETS package. What's depressing is that the cost of these tickets plus the $40 U2.com membership would have just about paid for a U2 iPod, which I've been convincing myself all along I can't afford!

Back
Top Bottom