Pre-slae not available for the 3rd leg???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
i'm wa just reading through the presale FAQ on u2.com and spotted this:

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.Com to be involved in the Internet
ticket pre-sale?
A - You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain
access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first
North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour.

to me that sounds like pre-slae only covers the 1st leg and Europe and won't extend to the 2nd American leg??
am i reading this wrong or just being paranoid?
someone help me out ehre, i'm gonna tear my hair out if i cant get pre-sale for the 2nd American leg... waste of $40 grrrrr r:mad:

bollocks! i bought a membership specifically to get tix for a show near New York on the 2nd leg!!! that sux big time - can i get my $40 back!!!

They're talking about THIS presale.

Nothing has been said about future presales.

i dont know about that
the words are "THE Internet
ticket pre-sale" and this is pretty clear too
"which will cover the bands first
North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour"

beli said:
So you are implying people in Australia, Japan, and whereever else the 4 leg heads have no access to a presale in their countries? I think not.

good point i guess.
i jsut wish they'd made this sort of stuff clearer, its really confusing. it also annoys me that pre-sale appears to only be access to one of the concerts per city - what if i wanted to go to another dublin or twickenham date (which i do)
i dont think for $40 i should be limited in my choice.

ok - so lets hope that the pre-sale codes carry over to the third leg and we can use them then.

The code they sent you in the e-mail is for the presale for the 1st and 2nd legs, They will send you another code for the third leg and the australian dates.

cool, thanks for that?
if you dont mind me asking though, how do you know?

brejc said:
The code they sent you in the e-mail is for the presale for the 1st and 2nd legs, They will send you another code for the third leg and the australian dates.

Where is this written please? Thats my presumption also but it would be nice to see it in writing.

:uhoh: Have any of you looked at your profile at u2.com? Mine says that my subscription expires February 12, 2005. My friend who joined a little later than me has an expiration date of March 12, 2005.

This makes me think that you have to pay a subscription fee to join again and then you will get another code for the future legs of the tour. (Why the subscription expires so suddenly is strange to me, but maybe I missed where it said it was for 3 months... I just assumed when I joined it was good for a year.)

ok, i think this is a nationality issue - in the Uk we do dates dd/mm/yyyy (day then month then year) while in America you do it mm/dd/yyyy (month before the day) so i think they mean there that your memebership expires on the 2nd of december 2005 (02.12.2005) and your friends on the 3rd december 2005 (03.12.2005)

well mine says 05.12.2005 and thats how i read it???

Last edited:
if a mods about could they correct my rubbish typo in the title please!
thanks

click on "my Profile" up at the top - it'll bring up your username and pass word and personla details - should be just above that

Okay, so that clears up the expiration question, but we still don't know if we can save our codes for the future legs of the tour.
I am going to email and or call fanfire today, and see if I can get an answer to this question before tomorrows pre-sale.
:banghead:

THANKS DIGSY!!
And I am wondering the same thing myself about the second US leg! Hopefully we will have some answers soon!
Keep your fingers crossed!!

i've emailed u2.com to see if they have any answers
but then again considering i've emailed u2.com on 4 seperate occasions before about different things and NEVER got a single response i'm nore holding my breath this time either!

Bump until someone hears any info about the North American 3rd leg.... I'm in Atlanta and I would like to go to one of the 1st leg shows too. But I don't want to blow my presale password if I'm gonna need it for the Fall leg (which I'm sure Atlanta will be a stop).

If theres even a 3rd leg in north America....:huh: There most likely will be, but I'm becoming more and more sour on the whole process. It's been handled poorly, info isnt clear, and nothing is ever given to us in full.

Its like i'm really in a place called vertigo...
:ohmy:

I spoke to fanfire this morning, they said the presale is only good for one show this leg! I am livid!! I'm in New York so I get a one shot deal at one show! I don't know why I bothered..They suck!:madspit:

one4u2 said:
I spoke to fanfire this morning, they said the presale is only good for one show this leg! I am livid!! I'm in New York so I get a one shot deal at one show! I don't know why I bothered..They suck!:madspit:

If this is true and we do not get priority tickets for 3rd leg shows in cities where we live then this is totally unacceptable. Hopefully, there will be another presale for the 3rd leg with a separate code.

when I subscribed to Propaganda, they suprised me with a second opportunity to purchase tixs for the third leg of the tour. So, fingers crossed!

I'm almost positive that U2.com subscribers will get another presale code for the third leg or Australian/Japan leg when they announce those shows, which may not be for another 5 months or more. U2 traditionally have not announced their N American return tour legs until well after the first leg has ended, so I think it's highly likely that the third leg will not be announced until July or so.

In the past Propaganda always gave you the option to purchase additonal tickets when another N American tour leg was added. For Elevation, we had to order our first leg tickets in January, then we ordered our third leg tickets in September when that leg was announced.

Well what are we supposed to do? we ASSUME they will give us a chance to buy ticks on the 3rd leg.

As resently posted above, someone who spoke to fanfire said they are only good for the first leg!!!!! WTF!!!!!!

I'm not gonna sit around and completely WASTE $40.00
This is bull...for 40.00 we should know ALL the dates now and have a choice of what show we want to use our presale for...this is friggin rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

With the exception of Popmart, whose third leg consisted of entirely of cities not played on the first US leg, U2 have never officially announced the cities being played on their return leg to North America until after the first leg has ended. If this holds true, I would not expect the third leg to be announced until June at the earliest.

It's 100% confirmed that U2 are intending to return to N America in the fall. The Friday Billboard article mentioned that 30 arena dates are intended. As we saw last month when that original tour itinerary was leaked by a crew member or someone connected to U2, the third leg was a combination of returns to large markets played on the first leg, as well as areas skipped like Texas. That schedule has to change to accomodate most, if not all, of the 6 cities losing shows in March. Perhaps cities like NYC will not have as many dates on the third leg as originally planned to make way for places like Atlanta, Miami, Albany, etc that have to be rescheduled.

Back
Top Bottom