Pre-slae not available for the 3rd leg???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
innocent_eyes said:
Well what are we supposed to do? we ASSUME they will give us a chance to buy ticks on the 3rd leg.

As resently posted above, someone who spoke to fanfire said they are only good for the first leg!!!!! WTF!!!!!!

I'm not gonna sit around and completely WASTE $40.00
This is bull...for 40.00 we should know ALL the dates now and have a choice of what show we want to use our presale for...this is friggin rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

innocent_eyes,

You might want to check out this thread. Be careful though, as some people who DO have full access to local shows and ARE able use their $40.00 pre-sale codes might label you a whiner.

You have got to love the lack of empathy. All I am asking for is clarity. Those luck soles who have a clear idea of what they will be doing, fell the need to rub it in the noses of those of us in this unfortunate position.

Gotta love the dark side of human nature.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110137&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

Fanfires number is 1-800-242-8881.

I think the expiration date of our memberships is a really big problem! Yes they may have another presale, but by the time that roles around our original memberships will have already expired. I have never heard of a membership being anything other than a year long! The other awful thing is there is sure to be more shows announced on the first leg, denver on the 21st of april for example that we will not have access to. This is a very good way to alienate and piss off some very loyal fans! They will have a PR disaster on their hands if nothing is done about this.

i still think you're reading the expiration backwards....
u2.com clearly state the $40 is for a years membership - i sincerely doubt that they're gonna cancel it aftter 3 months.
i'm pretty certain its meant to be read as the 4th December 2005 or wahtever number you've got in front.

innocent_eyes said:
Well what are we supposed to do? we ASSUME they will give us a chance to buy ticks on the 3rd leg.

I'm not gonna sit around and completely WASTE $40.00
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well i for one am not sitting around...I using my code and getting tickets to one of the shows....Chances are I'll just sell them... be able to make my $40 back plus a couple more...and just wait for see if a new code comes out for the third leg....So that makes me a scalper...well so be it...is it moral..no... but the whole system so far isnt very moral to the loyal fans...

wad2k, your right. Problem is, i want to see them on the first leg, using my special code i paid $40.00 for...that isn't fair to us, we had to buy them before we knew the dates....and if i sell these tickets, what are the chances of me getting GAs on my own?

...an operation this large, i'm sure they have known those dates for, lets say 3 days before they posted, they could have done this before we were obligated to buy the presale membership.

thats thinking with the wallet, not the heart...(not the band, the others, lol):mad:

wad2k, I would probably do the same thing. $40 is a lot of money to spend for only the right to purchase tickets in a presale without any guarantees of even getting tickets. Propaganda was so much better.

I'm curious as to why many people bought their u2.com memberships so early? As a former Propaganda subscriber, I received my card in the mail from them almost 2 months, but only signed up last Thursday when it became apparent the tour announcement was imminent. I didn't feel there was any reason to give them my money any earlier and as it is a 1 year membership. I wanted mine to extend until after the tour ends. The people who signed up in late November-early December will not even be members when the tour finishes up that month or in early 2006, so they'll miss out on any video or downloads they give us at that time.

so basically, to wrap it up, you have to use your code for this first leg or Europe??

WTF???? I bought two damn memberships and wanted to use one for D.C.....this really sucks. I'm going to just buy Croke Park tickets and sell them on eBay and turn a big profit, that concert will sell big. Wanted to use my memberships for myself, but this is garbage.

wad2k said:

Well i for one am not sitting around...I using my code and getting tickets to one of the shows....Chances are I'll just sell them... be able to make my $40 back plus a couple more...and just wait for see if a new code comes out for the third leg....So that makes me a scalper...well so be it...is it moral..no... but the whole system so far isnt very moral to the loyal fans...

This is an excellent point. Even if I cannot get travel plans together for a show, I can sell the tickets (esp. if they are GA) for well over face value on ebay. I would not feel one scalinta of remorse for scalping tickets off of U2 when they are collecting all of these $40 and $20 membership fees.

According to Fanfire, you can save your code for future announcements (ie leg 3). If you use your code for any of the announced shows, you will not receive another one.

auchtung boy said:
According to Fanfire, you can save your code for future announcements (ie leg 3). If you use your code for any of the announced shows, you will not receive another one.

You've just answered the HUGE $1,000,000,000 QUESTION! What's your source?

MrBrau1 said:

You've just answered the HUGE $1,000,000,000 QUESTION! What's your source?

I called Fanfire at 1-800-242-8881. Maybe if alot of people called, they will clearly state this on u2.com

Well, I emailed fanfire this morning and they must have sent it on to U2.com, because my replies came from WEBMASTER u2.com

Anywho.... I still really don't get it. So I will copy and paste here and you guys can see if it makes any sense to you.

I know you guys are getting slammed with questions, but I think there
is a very important one that needs to be answered before tomorrows
pre-sale.
Will u2.com members get another pre-sale code for the 3rd leg of the tour?
There are a lot of us members that live in states that won't get a
concert until the fall. Will our current codes be good for those
concerts if we don't use them now, or will we be issued another code
for that leg of the tour?

Thank you,
Carmella

Carmella,

The pre-sale code you have received is only good for one show. If you
pass on the first leg and find a show on the second, you can use your
code then. No more codes will be issued.

Best,
U2.com

do you mean the 2nd leg passing through N. America (actually the 3rd
leg) in the fall?

i ask because when U2 come back to the states in the Fall that is when
they will play my state of TEXAS.

will i be able to save my code for those concerts? since they are not
even announced or on sale yet.

thank you,
carmella

Your code will work once only, for the available show that will be
announced for pre-sale.

Best,
U2.com

auchtung boy said:

If Interference or U2.com could officially confirm this information, it might eliminate the hostilities surrounding this entire fiasco. Of course if the answer stands to be unpopular, it might be forever until Fan Fare admit the truth.

The truth. It's the least we can expect from an organization, which collected our $40.00. How about a little customer service.

This is from the official information that U2 has on their site.

Q. When is the latest I can join U2.Com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A. You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour.

According to their site this pre-sale and therefore the codes that were sent out are for the first leg of the US tour. During elevation there were two seperate ordering periods open for all members, once during the first leg and once during the second leg. I find it hard to believe that u2 would go out of their way to shaft people by not allowing members to buy tickets for the forst leg and the second leg.

u2gator

EPandAmerica said:
Well, I emailed fanfire this morning and they must have sent it on to U2.com, because my replies came from WEBMASTER u2.com

Anywho.... I still really don't get it. So I will copy and paste here and you guys can see if it makes any sense to you.

pre-sale.

Thank you,
Carmella

Carmella,

Best,
U2.com

leg) in the fall?

thank you,
carmella

announced for pre-sale.

Best,
U2.com

Its like trying to read a book of riddles. I still didnt understand if they answered your question about the 3rd leg or not. I dont understand why its so hard to be specific since this is what people are looking for.

To qoute Mr Rotten in the film (Sid and Nancy) : Ever get the feeling your being cheated?:madspit:

ihavefollowed said:

This is an excellent point. Even if I cannot get travel plans together for a show, I can sell the tickets (esp. if they are GA) for well over face value on ebay. I would not feel one scalinta of remorse for scalping tickets off of U2 when they are collecting all of these $40 and $20 membership fees.

I'm glad you would feel no remorse for ripping off another fan simply because you cannot organise yourself to get to a show on the 1st leg. Fabulous. Lets hope everyone else who can't be bothered to put some actual effort in to get to the shows has the same idea and then we can clutter up the GA section with loads of wealthy non-fans. Or you could just wait for the 3rd leg which will have a pre-sale as it always does.

EPandAmerica said:

pre-sale.

Thank you,
Carmella

Carmella,

Best,
U2.com

leg) in the fall?

thank you,
carmella

announced for pre-sale.

Best,
U2.com

WTF, Is there a problem that they can't speak frankly and be honest. How about this for an answer:

"You can only use your code once. You can decide not to use your code for the shows that have been announced but there is no guarantee that there will be any more shows announced in the future. If there are shows announced in the future and you have not used your code you will be able to use it then for any presales that might take place at that time."

If they answered clearly and honestly there would not be a problem. Why must they speak in morse code? I don't get it. It seems very shady, it's like they're trying to protect themselves from from lawsuit. I think an attorney wrote your answer.

I posted this in the Tour News section as well, but here it is again.

Questions in point form. A lot of us want to go see U2 in venues that are not for sale on the first leg. I want to go see U2 in Montreal. Montreal is not on the first leg. What are my options?

1)Can I use my special access code on future legs of the tour (ie. 3rd leg) that are not announced yet. If yes, read number 2) If no, skip to number 3).

2) If you answered yes to 1), can you please tell me how this will work?

----2a) Can we use our membership once on the first leg and then re-use it again for a new presale on the third leg? Or...

----2b) Can we only use our membership on the 1st OR 3rd legs in North America (ie. one of the two). Or...

----2c) Is the pre-sale only available once for the small number of dates already released and therefore we must use the membership on the first or second legs?

3) I can't believe it. We all buy memberships and the northeast gets only 5 dates in 3 venues? The closest one is a 5 and a half hour drive from the closest major city in Canada (Montreal). If the pre-sale is only open for the first and second legs, then I would like to return my membership, as it is a completely useless asset in my quest to see U2 in Montreal.

Thanks for any info.

Jon

This is ridiculous. All of it.

Monkeys could do a better job.

3) I can't believe it. We all buy memberships and the northeast gets only 5 dates in 3 venues? The closest one is a 5 and a half hour drive from the closest major city in Canada (Montreal). If the pre-sale is only open for the first and second legs, then I would like to return my membership, as it is a completely useless asset in my quest to see U2 in Montreal. [/B]

U2 tour once every 4 years. By the end of this year you will not have the chance to see them again until 2009, and you will never have the chance to see the Vertigo tour. To me it seems like a 5-6 hour drive and maybe a stop-over in a hotel isn't that much of a price to pay.

cdparky said:

U2 tour once every 4 years. By the end of this year you will not have the chance to see them again until 2009, and you will never have the chance to see the Vertigo tour. To me it seems like a 5-6 hour drive and maybe a stop-over in a hotel isn't that much of a price to pay.

I think people who live in or near major cities U2 is bound to hit on the third leg just want a guarantee they will be able to wait and get tickets in a presale on the third leg rather than spend a lot of time and money on travel for the first leg. I don't think that's too much to ask when we've already shelled out $40. I don't want to travel six hours to Chicago on the first leg when I could just drive two hours to Minneapolis on the third leg.

Bono's shades said:

I think people who live in or near major cities U2 is bound to hit on the third leg just want a guarantee they will be able to wait and get tickets in a presale on the third leg rather than spend a lot of time and money on travel for the first leg. I don't think that's too much to ask when we've already shelled out $40. I don't want to travel six hours to Chicago on the first leg when I could just drive two hours to Minneapolis on the third leg.

Exactly.

For me, it's a minimum 10 hour drive.

I don't care to travel and spend the money in this way. But I was promised 2 tickets with my membership, and if there is a third leg, I want my bloody code to be available.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

Dont scalp tickets, your going to jack all of us that want tickets for a reasonable price. Ive already had to buy tickets from scalpers the previous 2 tours, and spent more than 3 times the retail price for them. So please dont scalp tickets, and make it deven harder for us fans to buy them.

Yes! Pre-sale is available for the third leg. I called the 800 number and the lady asked and she said yes to her understanding but THERE WILL NOT BE A NEW CODE FOR THE THIRD LEG SO HOLD ON TO YOURS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrideOfU2 said:
Yes! Pre-sale is available for the third leg. I called the 800 number and the lady asked and she said yes to her understanding but THERE WILL NOT BE A NEW CODE FOR THE THIRD LEG SO HOLD ON TO YOURS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called U2.com/Fanfire, too, and they confirmed that the presale code is good for the ENTIRE TOUR - all legs!!!!!! She said that she was positive of this, too. So either she's telling the truth or they've been told to say that. But I doubt it's the latter 'cause they'd have a lot of pissed off people.

:dance:

Last edited:
jame_0 said:

I just called U2.com/Fanfire, too, and they confirmed that the presale code is good for the ENTIRE TOUR - all legs!!!!!! She said that she was positive of this, too. So either she's telling the truth or they've been told to say that. But I doubt it's the latter 'cause they'd have a lot of pissed off people.

:dance:

Good to know. Guess I'll hold off for Atlanta then...:huh:

heinz said:
but if I don't use my pre sale code now will remain there untill the 3rd leg or will I lose it?

K guys, I called the 800 #, everything is cool. Your password will stay the same for the third leg, so dont loose it, but you will get presale for the third leg. :)

Back
Top Bottom