Potential Boston dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DubbalinGirl

The Fly
WHDH tv (local Boston channel) this morning said it'll be the Fleet Center in March. Looking at the Fleet's calendar, there is a 2-day window open on the 14th and 15th and a 3-day window open 22-24th. If they officially scratch the Bruins season, there'll be a few more potential dates, but not much with both the Celtics and Hockey East filling up space.

well considering the tour is starting the 1st in Miami, it looks like they're going to work thier way north like they did when Elevation started.

So if you figure the 1st in Miami, the 14th and 15th in Boston, and then you can probably assume that the New York and Philly dates will be around the 2nd or 3rd week in March.

Im just typing what Im thinking. I dont care about Boston dates (sorry lol) but definitely NY and PHL dates.

Here is the schedule for the Fleet Center:

8th open 9th Boston Celtics vs. Atlanta Hawks at 7PM
10th open 11 th Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons at 7 PM
12th open 13th Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards at 6 PM
14 th open
15 th open
16th Boston Celtics vs. Toronto Raptors at 7:00 PM
17th open
18 th Hockey East Championship at 5:00 PM
19 th Hockey East Championship at 7:00 PM
20 th open
21 st open

based on rumors it sounds like the 14th and 15th, maybe adding the 17th?

Hold off on tix for 1 of these shows in Boston and try to get either Providence or Hartford if possible. Those arenas are a bit smaller and more intimate. GOOD LUCK to us all getting tix!

St. Patrick's Day?? lol. I saw the ZooTV show on St. Paddy's Day at the Garden!! Unbelievable!!!!:drool:

omphallos said:
St. Patrick's Day?? lol. I saw the ZooTV show on St. Paddy's Day at the Garden!! Unbelievable!!!!:drool:

Me too! I doubt they'd do it again though...that was a once in a lifetime thing, plus what do they do with the staging on the 16th when the Celts play? I was looking at the schedule for 2 or more consecutive nights. If they'd scrap the Bruins schedule once and for all, that would help. But it fits U2's pattern...Zoo Tv started 2/29 in Lakeland and was here 3/17.

Yeah. And, you can pretty much scrap the NHL for the season. Was just checking flight/hotel packages for Miami. 2 nights hotel and flight, $400.00. Not bad. I'd like to see if the fans could pick ONE hotel so we could party together!

I would be extremely suprised if U2 did less than four shows in Boston and NY/NJ. A lot of these arenas will need to make up revenue due to no NHL. Four nights of U2 in Boston and New York are four guaranteed full houses. Will the promoters/band leave that money on the table? I would think that this tour, would follow the Elevation pattern rather than the Zoo Tv pattern. The band is that much older, so the wears and tears of travelling are more pronounced. Also April/May/June would mean a more practiced show, rather than the second week of March. If you listen to the boots from Elevation, they sounded much more crisp/practiced in the May June shows, than the March/April shows. You saw songs like Party Girl and 11'O Clock pop up during the later months that you didn't see in the early months of the tour. I saw them in Miami the last time, and they were great, but the June shows in Boston were 10 times better. My bet, late May and June, when you really have the open arena dates.

The band will be a little busy March 14 & 15, getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and all...

Back
Top Bottom