Postponement of Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YBORCITY

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm in a business that's on the "fringe" of the music business... With that being said I asked some questions about why U2 had to postpone the Tour and just about everyone I asked really didn't know. The one person who did hear something said that it wasn't Edge's little one but had something to do with Larry and someone close to him. Has anyone else heard anything?

It's surely a very serious reason. But I think it must not be our business to know, who has any kind of trouble........................It's their privacy, I think it's better to pay respect. We don't need any curiosity in such serious things. Hope just everything gets well, and I'm waiting on the announcement where it will be said that the bad things are over. But I don't want to know what it is.

^ That's an excellent point that you bring up and even before posting this information I must admit I felt a bit funny about actually doing it.

:shrug: "the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band"
As for whose family...given the dedications on the DVD and at the Grammys, I'm thinking it is Edge's daughter.
That said, this is now the second time I have seen rumours about Larry's family.

Last edited:
When this postponement first came down I too had heard rumblings it might've been somebody in Larry's family but then I'd heard Bono's shout out at Buenos Aires 2 and some other remark during his New Zealand radio interview that really pointed to Edge. :shrug:

I kinda wish I didn't start this Thread. With just speculation, it's unfair to even talk about. Whoever it is I hope they are doing much better.

jonnytakeawalk said:
If it was Larry they probably would have just got someone to replace him.

Larry is more dispensable then the Edge. Harsh but true

Could we not start a discussion thread without someone bringing up the supposed disposability of one of the members, please? :|

I agree that its not our business really but they should try & make some sort of announcement soon, especially for those with travel arrangements.

Also U2 are not U2 without Larry, please!

jonnytakeawalk said:

Maybe that is true, but it's not ok to say that about a group of four equal members. And now,let's say that this rumor about Larry's family is true, they are showing us that everyone is equal and noone is replaceable.

About the topic:
Why would Edge do New Orleans show with someone and now with Dave Matthews when his daughter is sick(not sure if that's true either)?

Pero said:

Why would Edge do New Orleans show with someone and now with Dave Matthews when his daughter is sick(not sure if that's true either)?

Exactly, if it was because of him that the tour got postponed, then why is he in New Orleans and playing with DMB? What would have been the point of the posponing the dates if he is in other places anyway?

Cask said:

Exactly, if it was because of him that the tour got postponed, then why is he in New Orleans and playing with DMB? What would have been the point of the posponing the dates if he is in other places anyway?

Edge basically lives in LA. Sian is Edge's daughter from his marriage with Morleigh (are the married?)
It's easy to fly from LA to New Orleans for a day or two; commuting between LA and Aus/NZ/JP is a different ballgame..

we aint seen larry in a while .......................... then again whats new. Dont suspect suggest.

jonnytakeawalk said:

how so?? Do tell...:eyebrow:
umm excuse me..but who started the band in the first place??? Hardly dispensible! They are four equal members who cannot be replaced.. If one can't be there than there is no concert..or tour..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

how so?? Do tell...:eyebrow:
umm excuse me..but who started the band in the first place??? Hardly dispensible! They are four equal members who cannot be replaced.. If one can't be there than there is no concert..or tour..

I know Larry is hugely important to U2 but all I'm saying is that it would be alot easier to replace him than edge. You can't argue with that

jonnytakeawalk said:

I know Larry is hugely important to U2 but all I'm saying is that it would be alot easier to replace him than edge. You can't argue with that

I'm not so sure about that, Larry does have a unique drumming style. Whilst someone could play drums through the songs, they wouldn't sound like Larry.

I think you are a guitarist, why else would you be spouting anti-drummer crap? :madspit:

The hows and whys of the tour postponement have been discussed multiple times throughout the site so we really don't need another thread on the topic. If you'd like to continue, find one of the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom