Postcard from the San Jose GA line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm home now, back from the GA line. The SJ Arena has let us roam free for the rest of the day--gotta love it.

I got there at 7:20, and was number 80 in line. Everything ran very smoothly, as to be expected from San Jose. All the fans had lined up across the street from the arena, since the policy was no one allowed on the premises until 8. The first few fans in line said they got there around 5 am this morning.

At 8:00, the event staff came across the street to the fan-organized line-up, figuring it'd be easier to wristband everyone where they already were, rather than try and move the entire line. It worked well, and they checked your ticket, gave out numbered wristbanded, and handed out info sheets.

We all have to be back in line before 5 pm.

It's nice to be home, and able to take a nap, barbecue, and relax before the show.

Once again, San Jose is the best-organized venue of the tour!

Things to watch for at tonight's concert:

1) Bono mentioning the iPod, which was invented in the San Jose suburbs;

2) A new song off the new album: last time they played here, they broke out "Kite" during the second show. Maybe "Original" or "Crumbs" will appear on the setlist?

3) High level of playing from the band: last tour, the San Jose shows were legendary. Afterwards, Bono said it might have been the best performance of his life. Willie Williams said in his tour diary that the SJ concerts were perfect.

...Only 6 more hours til lineup... awww yeah

interesting... was there a separate line or a different wristband for U2.com members or presale tickets?

also, it's nice that you're allowed to leave... but i hope some people stayed! GA lines can actually be fun!

if the first people got there at 5 am, then the lottery system seems to be keeping fans from lining up overnight. :up:

*Ally* said:
interesting... was there a separate line or a different wristband for U2.com members or presale tickets?

also, it's nice that you're allowed to leave... but i hope some people stayed! GA lines can actually be fun!

if the first people got there at 5 am, then the lottery system seems to be keeping fans from lining up overnight. :up:

Later this afternoon, there will be 2 lines: one for pre-sale/fanclub members, one for regular GA holders. Both lines will be organized based on wristband numbers from this morning.

I agree that GA lines can be a lot of fun: I had a blast last tour in SJ, London, Oakland, and SD this time around. But after 7 GA wait-in-line-all-days, it's awesome to finally have the option to do something else with your day. The other venues should all do this.

Alright, I'm off to sunbathe, with U2 on the iPod!

:wink:

thanks for the info, Lyrical Drug! it does seem to be a good system... hey, if we're not hanging out in the GA line, we could be tailgating! ;)

have a BLAST at the show tonight, and please give a full report when it's over!!! :hyper:

that is really great! I've been to that arena also, it is really nice and modern. Glad to see them doing it that way, gives everybody some R&R, except those lined up at the box office, which I bet there's a big line already.

mkdominatr said:
so does getting there early to get the wristbands help in any way.. i thought it was all random...??

Numbered wristbands don't increase your odds of entry into the heart, but they give you a better shot at being on the rail, outside of it, in case you don't win access inside.

Beautiful, sunny day here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm about to make the trek down the I-880 from Berkeley back to the arena. The way I look at it, there's about a 90% chance I'll be outside the ellipse, on the rail, near center, tonight. Think I'll bring my Fly shades in case Bono wants them for 'The Fly." :hmm:

Have a good show, everyone!!!

So you get wrist band #80, and then you can go and not have to sit there, and you come back at 5 pm and just get in line behind #79? That's great for everybody, for the arena, and especially for everybody that would otherwise sit there all day. Any entreprenuers figure out how to sell their wrist bands yet?

Back
Top Bottom