Post U2 Concert Depression?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is why IO have 5 shows in the 1st leg in NA and 10 shows in the second...

I learned my lesson from Elevation withdrawel so I'm going balls to the wall this time which is funny because that where my wife wants to nail them to after recieving the mastercard bill in the mail!!

:crazy: I've had printouts of the tour dates, a vacation schedule, a highlighter and a big calendar out on my desk all morning! Just trying to figure out if I can make just one more spring show.

:sigh:

I won't be depressed until after I see Springsteen this weekend. That event will mark the end of an extraordinary 6 weeks of music for me: U2 4x, Tori Amos, Wilco and Bruce--basically most of my favorite people. :crazy: Then I will be officially ticketless.

Since it has been an extraordinary run I am trying not to whine but it does tend to make one want more.

I'd like one great seat or one GA to any fall show. :(

:(I'm down too. I had the best time of my life at the concert and my trip to Chicago. I keep thinking about it and it makes me want to be there and not here. I can understand why people see them more than once on tour now. God it was so awesome i just want to live it over and over again ya know:(

After seeing them in Chicago, I really wanted to try to sneak off to Boston or Philly to catch them one more time this spring, but it just doesn't look like its in the cards.

I'll just have to be patient until September.

I am happy that I saw them twice last week, but sad that this bout of excitement is over. If I could make the Thursday show in Boston, I would be there.

Oh well...it's someone else's turn, and the next 18 weeks will pass fast enough!

I didn't think such thing existed, but it hit me-24 hours after the Sat. night concert. I soothed myself by looking through the U2 Show book and updating the info in the back via the vertigo program. And lots, lots, lots of M&Ms.

I am a glutton, I admit it.

9 shows this leg, and, now that I know I'm done until November, I'm a tad bummed.

I need the break, though. Like headache said, though, if it lasted a week, this break, I'd be in shock.

What a stretch, though, from San Diego 1 - MSG.....really enjoyed seeing them in different cities....and, even got to meet a few interference people, wow. :)

Well, I hope the shows get better and better for the remainder of this leg and for Europe....and may Crumbs make its way onto the set list by the Fall.

I crashed big time after the 5/14 show. The Sunday after I was too tired to be bummed about it. It was that Monday at work that I crashed huge.

So one way or another, whether by luck of pulling up a seat on TM or getting to MSG at the crack of dawn, I'm hitting at least one of those MSG shows in October.

No offense, but I'm depressed about family member health problems, stress, and other things in my life right now. For me concerts/U2 are nothing to get depressed about. Just savor the enjoyment and opportunities you had. In perspective it's much better that way.

I am seeing them twice in the fall, but I definitely came crashing down a bit after Saturday Night's show. It was my first U2 show and such and unbelievable high that there was really no where to go but way down.

man i thought i was down a couple weeks after seeing them and now i'm just totally:( all the build up to the concert, then the actual show and trying to remember every second of it and live in the moment of seeing the band for the first time. it ended too soon guys, the 2 hours felt like 2 minutes, it doesn't feel real almost ya know :sigh:. No one mentioned the aftermath of what it's like having a dream come true lol.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
man i thought i was down a couple weeks after seeing them and now i'm just totally:( all the build up to the concert, then the actual show and trying to remember every second of it and live in the moment of seeing the band for the first time. it ended too soon guys, the 2 hours felt like 2 minutes, it doesn't feel real almost ya know :sigh:. No one mentioned the aftermath of what it's like having a dream come true lol.

I saw them for the first time too and I feel exactly the same way!

My concert back in July 2005 was soooooo great and it was the starting point of a lot of positive things! So, yes, I'm missing it!!

No it's alright...

I'm really going through some serious withdrawl after seeing my first three shows last Fall. I just keep downloading bootlegs becuase it's as close as I can get these days.

I'm actually glad it's over. :reject: I can't pass up a chance to see U2, but I find going to concerts so stressful. :sigh:

Carek1230 said:

And don't forget the EXPENSE!!!

:lol:

I only did one show, so it wasn't too bad for me. I also had brought $80 to spend solely on merchandise...but I accidentally left it in my car. :scream: The one thing I really wanted was a tour program, so I ordered one online and didn't get anything else...so that saved me some $$$...because if I had brought that $80 in with me, I'm sure I would have blown it all. :laugh:

I bought a program at the first show, the opener 3/28 and then didn't buy anything else until Portland where I bought the red V Vertigo keychain, so I wasn't too bad spending during the shows. I only bought a lemonade and popcorn at the opener shared with my sister, then bought a drink and bottle of water in Vegas becuz it was so hot in the elipse, and my sister and I shared a soda and fried in Portland. I will spend conservatively in Hawaii if/when we finally make it there.

I pop in a U2 concert DVD almost every night. And, I listen to U2 at work from my itune list every day. And, lastly I'm trying to go to the rescheduled Hawaii show. Just one more U2 show, and I think I will be okay...

The only way I can cope is by playing the concert dvd's over and over. I have them memorized and have been focusing on details like watching the light patterns on the edge of the ellipse during the Chicago-Vertigo dvd. If you watch them closely you'll notice that some of the effects the lighting boys made with them are quite stunning.

I also go back and look through the photo section once in a while but there's nothing like the build-up and anticipation of going to see U2 live. I don't really like bootlegs unless the audio is better than average.

after reading all the messages about this subject i'm so glad i'm not the only one....................................
can't ( read won't ) loose the feeling,
so watching dvd's and listen to bootlegs of the concert
my ears still don't give any protest by the quallity of the sound from the bootleg................

Back
Top Bottom