Post U2 Concert Depression?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! :ohmy:

This thread...I relate to it too much! I am going thru the same thing..major depression and envy of the fans that are going to more shows this leg..living vicariously thru y'all! I can't put my finger on it, all I know is I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH...NEED MORE! :huh: This tour especially, I have been soooo addicted to.
Getting back to reality after a show is real tough..it takes a few days for me...

thank god for the BLUE CRACK! :hug: I don't know how I would manage without you guys! really!

this place is our therapy! our sanctuary! long live the blue crack!

melsbud said:
It hasn't even been 24 hours since Seattle 2 ended and already I feel in a funk. I've even got tickets to MSG in October, but just nosebleeds, which aren't exactly the same as my primo GA spot last night. How does one get over this feeling??

Well for me it goes like this --

Blue Crack as much as possible.

Boots and DVDs of the current tour.

Golf, occassionally (see below)

Boy / girl twins that have just turned 2 and a five month old daughter -- I change a lot of diapers, hang out in the sandbox, play dolls and cars, and pray a lot that someday all of them will get to see U2 with me.

All I need is one more tour in about four years and I'm golden.

:wink:

kawai17 said:
Already bracing myself for the post-concert depression after the Chicago shows :(

Me too.Iam glad Iam not the only one who has been thinking about this.

Rhia

Cold Turkey has got me on the run

20 years - 6th tour I've seen - the withdrawal has never been this bad

I have a feeling I'm definitely going to experience this. I'm going to my first show on May 22nd in Philly. It's going to be a great week. I take my last last final of my college career on May 20th. I go to the show on May 22nd. Then I have graduation on the 28th. It's going to be a great week and I know it'll be a letdown once it's all over.

Yep, I saw Anaheim and San Jose and they were so close together. So I had to buy Oakland tickets for next November. Gives me something to look forward to. I'm a school teacher and get this feeling about half-way through summer break too!:wink: Oh well...bitch and moan...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm just glad I've got another fix coming in less than 3 weeks. :hyper:

After that, it's going to be a looooooong five months. :(

Yah - what am I gonna do all summer?!? It's not like I can go on vacation - that's what the 3rd leg is for! :wink:

Thank GOD for blue crack.
Or I'd go bloody crazy...

After both Seattle shows this week, I had been in a state of euphoria, which all came crashing down today around 3pm today when I all of a freakingsudden desperately HAD to go up to Vancouver for that vid shoot - but realized I was one hour short on time (nevermind all those responsibilities I've been putting off all week).

Ahhhh the funk!! :crazy: :sad: I'm trying to focus on Friday's Vancouver show and ignore the fact that I can't go to Thursday's.

And just to acknowledge, I know I'm fortunate to go to 3 shows in a week. I wish everyone could do that! But damn, it freaking messes with your head!

i already went twice, and i'm going again in november.

nowadays i just look at the pictures that i took of the concert and listen to my u2 ipod, of which i recreated the setlists onto my playlist. :sigh:

I know after the Chicago and Philly shows I will be.

But I know the BIG Depression is coming in November....I'm flying out to Dublin for a week and then flying into NYC to see the boys with GA tickets. I'm probably going to need medication after that! Luckily I'll have one more show after that, so hopefully I'll be able to ween myself.

Wow! I was totally thinking about posting this exact thread a few days ago. I went to what will probably be my last show this tour a week ago and I have been totally bummed ever since. It was absolutely incredible and I hate that the tour just keeps going on without me. :) I don't think I would be half as bummed had I been totally prepared for my experience but alas I was a GA virgin and not only screwed up and missed meeting Bono, but I also did not bring a lawn and chair and left my awesome banner in the car thinking I would be in the back and blocking someone else's view when I managed to get right on the rail.......There will always be a next time though, and I hope everyone enjoys themselves as much as I did!!

The only way to get over post-show depression...is to go to more shows! Problem is waiting 6 more months before going again! Maybe Philly, D.C., Houston, or Dallas (or possibly all of them if I'm lucky). But a long time to wait...

I know exactly how you guys feel, the last three days have been amazing..

but after coming out of the show last night after an incredible experience, I just can't believe I have to wait years before being able to do it again

korczykp said:
I know exactly how you guys feel, the last three days have been amazing..

but after coming out of the show last night after an incredible experience, I just can't believe I have to wait years before being able to do it again
I know, after the best week of my life I gotta think about real life now. Like getting a job and stuff :(

going back to regular life just sucks, it's like things don't taste as good anymore, things don't matter as much as they used too. There needs to be a support group.

I'm already depressed that my life won't just end after May 7th. Instead, I'll have to write some dumb research paper and study for all my finals and get over the fact that most of my friends, including the guy I'm madly in love with, will be graduating :|

...but then again I can always think "December 10th. December 10th. DECEMBER 10TH!!!!! :crazy:"

I definitely had post-concert depression after my Elevation show...and it got worse when I wasn't able to see them at all during the third leg... but I just kept telling myself, that won't be my last U2 concert. And hey, it wasn't!

I know how everybody feels. I keep on telling my husband what I was doing at this time last week. Of course getting ready for a U2 concert. Now I have to wait till November to see them again. Of course I keep on checking airfares for cities earlier in the third leg. Maybe I can add another show before November.

konakitty said:
I know how everybody feels. I keep on telling my husband what I was doing at this time last week. Of course getting ready for a U2 concert. Now I have to wait till November to see them again. Of course I keep on checking airfares for cities earlier in the third leg. Maybe I can add another show before November.

Atleast you wll see them again in November! As for me i will have to wait another 4 years or when ever they do a new album and tour. Unless they decide to come back to vancouver or seatle in the final legs of this tour which i strongly doubt it will ever happen.

Plus i am depressed about how my view was ruined by a bunch of jerks who decided to bud infront of us even though we waited for most of the day to get to where we were and on top of that they had fucking signs which seemed to put them up every other song which further bloked our views. Ah well atleast we could see some of the lights, at times bono and Adam, once the edge and once larry and ofcourse we could hear the music which was fucking awsome!

dabiggestu2fan said:

Atleast you wll see them again in November! As for me i will have to wait another 4 years or when ever they do a new album and tour. Unless they decide to come back to vancouver or seatle in the final legs of this tour which i strongly doubt it will ever happen.

Plus i am depressed about how my view was ruined by a bunch of jerks who decided to bud infront of us even though we waited for most of the day to get to where we were and on top of that they had fucking signs which seemed to put them up every other song which further bloked our views. Ah well atleast we could see some of the lights, at times bono and Adam, once the edge and once larry and ofcourse we could hear the music which was fucking awsome!

:hug: Sorry about the crappy experience dabig, was that Van1 or 2? I was at Van2 and the energy there depressed me a little (but watching Larry slap Bono's ass saved it for me!) But that's the most pot I've seen at a U2 concert!

But HEY, at least you got to see them make their video on Wednesday!!! :drool:

I don't want to jinx anything, but I can TOTALLY see them coming back to do a Seattle show after the "last" show in Portland in December. I mean, as long as they're having funthe rest of the tour - and they obviously were having fun at Seattle 2. They've added shows toward the end before... *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
u2girlcj said:

:hug: Sorry about the crappy experience dabig, was that Van1 or 2? I was at Van2 and the energy there depressed me a little (but watching Larry slap Bono's ass saved it for me!) But that's the most pot I've seen at a U2 concert!

But HEY, at least you got to see them make their video on Wednesday!!! :drool:

I don't want to jinx anything, but I can TOTALLY see them coming back to do a Seattle show after the "last" show in Portland in December. I mean, as long as they're having funthe rest of the tour - and they obviously were having fun at Seattle 2. They've added shows toward the end before... *fingers crossed*

Howdy U2girlcj :hug: Thanks for the reply! Yes i can't really complain cos i got treated with the video shoot. For me it was because i was waiting for so long to see them (4 years) and about 4 months of anticipation that i wanted everything perfect but it turned out not to my expectation (i mean the views not the show cos the show was AMAZING!!!)

That would be awsome though if they come back to seatle atleast!:drool: this would give me time to save up enough money to be able to go there!!!

I will also be keeping my fingers crossed that they come back. Dang I am becoming a big U2 addict arghh i need my fix LOL.

That sucks thought about the energy problem :sad: i hope though that other then that you really enjoyed it! and dang that must have been very funny to see! The ass slaping that is!

Nico

I am experiencing the same blues. Although mine are not just blues I think this is severe depression.....:drool:
I want more, I was at the five first concerts and now I am left with nothing but anxiety...........

well, I thought that driving 13 hrs to Vancouver was crazy. I now know that it was the right thing to do. I am literally kicking myself for not purchasing Ottawa tickets.
Vancouver 2 has passed and I can do is think about it and relive the experience. I think I need to be go to at least 1 more show this tour.

Two best cures for me:

Try some new music - the Arcade Fire CD, much mentioned out here, IS really good.

Scam like hell, legally of course, to find your way to another show... working like heck for Minneapolis as I write this.

Oh yeah, AND to top off the depression, I snagged an incredbly shitty cold on the long flight home to Tampa from Seattle. Going on day 5 of burning snot, sore throat, craggy chest. PLUS, the girl I was seeing had 2 GAs to Detroit, but unfortunately our relationship didn't survive the Seattle trip and so now I won't be hitting the Detroit show.

It's actually kinda funny in a way...

Damn, I sure could go for another live COBL!

Thank you abomb-baby for starting this thread! :hug:

God I had the greatest 3 days of my life last week with the vid shoot and concerts. The day after it was all over I was completely bummed and still am:sad:

This was my first concert ever and I absolutely loved it :love: I can't believe it's all over now and it'll be a long time before I get to see U2 live again :(

It's already been 4 days and I'm still not over it. Wish I could go to the concerts in the 3rd leg.

I can't help but feel that I'll be missing out on something with the tour still going on. Hearing the rumour that UTEOTW might get played doesn't really help with moving on either....:sigh:

My wife want's to sell my sperm, blood, and any other body fluid that would reap a cash crop for another show. Tell her she is crazy. Help her. Send bootlegs.

:wink:

What rumor about UTEOTW? Anything of signifigance or are we just quoting Axver?

OMG I'm having pre-concert anxiety and pre post-concert anticipations-fears :crazy:

I thought I wasn't gonna make it this tour but unexpectedly, I scored 2 front stage tickets for the Brussels show on June 10 and it was really weird because I was SO psyched and happy but after that first rush settled down...I became SCARED!

I don't know why, I'm scared to see U2. I need a 12-step program to learn how to cope!
Hi, I'm 32 years old and I'm scared to see my favorite band in the world, U2.

:shocked:

TO SCARLET OCTOBER

HI SCARLET, IM IN OHIO TOO, WHEREABOUTS ARE YOU? I'M IN AKRON. IM GOING TO CHICAGO FOR SATURDAY'S CONCERT!!!WOO HOO! THEN IN CLEVELAND IN DECEMBER. THATS SUCH A LONG WAY OFF I HAD TO GET A FIX THIS MONTH!

Back
Top Bottom