Post from Zootopia ... Rehearsals from Mexico!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh_OMG said:
The unknown song is maybe MERCY.....:drool:

I'm willing to bet these people know Mercy.

Which makes this unknown song all the more intriguing. We had a rumour (courtesy of artdirector) that U2 were doing new material ...

I'm sorry to repeat what other people have said already, but I think it's necessary.

These are REHEARSALS. Very little conclusion came come out of this. Keep in mind that

1. Because they have rehearsed a song doesn't mean it will be played

2. Because they have not rehearsed a song it this particular set of rehearsals does not mean they will not play it.

So before everyone freaks out on March 28th because they will not have played A Celebration, Gloria and Lemon, please keep that in mind.

I'm surprised to see New York on the list, Didn't think that one would make a comeback

Yeah, thanks Axver for advise. I knew I messed up something, but it still proofs that rehearsals can mean nothing.

Last edited:
Personally I'd love to see them mix it up a little. They've already stated they want to avoid it becoming a "greatest hits" tour and the more varied the better IMO.

I'd love to hear what Lemon sounds like these days and what their take on it is.

Regardless of whether or not they'll actually play the songs live, it's still exciting to see them rehearsing songs they haven't played in forever (a Celebration? :faint: ).
I still think they're going to shake up the set lists this time around. Like I said before, if they're going to do the Itunes thing with the shows, it would be good to provide shows that aren't duplicates.

No more Pride!!! :scream:

;)

I'm psyched they are rehearsing Fast Cars- I'm already imagining them lining up Until -> Fast Cars. :drool:

I can definitely see One Step Closer being there.. maybe before SYCMIOYO.

All verrry interesting :hmm:

u2warlp said:

could you please not waste a bag of perfectly good lemons (especially the nice big fat firm ones from costco) that are probably gonna end up hurting people depending how accurate your throw is. We have literally thousands of drunkies out there in Africa who are lemoness with their corona beers....

So please keep the lemons at costco or in your refridgerator :|
if they're gonna put the lemons in their cornoa, then shoot, they don't deserve them. everyone knows you put limes in your corona:wink:

Axver said:

Which makes this unknown song all the more intriguing. We had a rumour (courtesy of artdirector) that U2 were doing new material ...

Do you have a link to that info?

A Celebration was only a single not on an album, but they did play it live during the War tour. I saw them play it at Lancaster University - Bono was actually wearing a "Celebration" t-shirt, which he pointed at during Edge's guitar intro instead of saying anything. I think they like the song, and that the reference to an atomic bomb in the lyrics might have inspired them to play it again. But it does feel a bit 80s!

Forget about New York...seems redundant with COBL...

Please start rehearsing the following:

Zooropa
A Sort of Homecoming
Surrender
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
Acrobat

Thank you.:wave:

Two points must be made here.

1. How many times can you hear 'Streets' or 'Still haven’t found'.
'Celebration' is a VERY warm welcome to a rather repetitive set list

2. With the release of the U2 IPOD/The Complete U2, they HAVE to play some rare/obscure stuff.

Also I didn't think that they will even rehearsale AMAAW... It was the only song I thought it will be never played live. Besides of that the only surprise for me is Fast Cars, and it's good surprise. :up:

Westport said:
Forget about New York...seems redundant with COBL...

Please start rehearsing the following:

Zooropa
A Sort of Homecoming
Surrender
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
Acrobat

Thank you.:wave:

Agreed!

Fast Cars is a B-Side/A-Side from the How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Album. If you buy the CD at stores in the US you won't hear it. But if you buy the special boxed set it will be the 12th track after Yaweh. I believe, though I may be wrong, that Fast Cars is a standard on the album in Europe. What makes this song so exciting to us is the fact that it carries the line "In the desert to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb". Its also just a great song to begin with!

njelevation06 said:
Fast Cars is a B-Side/A-Side from the How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Album. If you buy the CD at stores in the US you won't hear it. But if you buy the special boxed set it will be the 12th track after Yaweh. I believe, though I may be wrong, that Fast Cars is a standard on the album in Europe. What makes this song so exciting to us is the fact that it carries the line "In the desert to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb". Its also just a great song to begin with!

Fast Cars is only on the regular album in the UK and Japan. Maybe Australia too, I'm not sure. I have the CD+DVD+Book one which has Fast Cars worldwide. I should check when I'm in the shops next ...

Axver said:

Fast Cars is only on the regular album in the UK and Japan. Maybe Australia too, I'm not sure.

Oi! It's on the official release in Ireland as well dude.

Back
Top Bottom