Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

I've got it down to $400 including taxes (not NZ departure tax though which you have to pay there). Which is pretty reasonable. :)

Woah, how have you done that? I think the best I've seen online is around the $500 mark.

OK my peeps. I'm off to bed and TV. I'll catch ya'll later. Come post with me in lots of threads. Thanks to everyone! I'm not gonna make a big list, just to all my posting chums! i luvs you all!

-huggles interference-

all the men and women, mostly women :wink:

goodnight!
-poofs into a cloud of smoke-

HOWWWWWWWWWw LONNNNNNNNNNNNG
TO SING THISSSSSS SONGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

timothius said:

Do you want a cookie?

The hospital ward where I was born looked directly out onto One Tree Hill. :wink:

But you were born a year too early, loser. :wink:

catlhere said:
OK my peeps. I'm off to bed and TV. I'll catch ya'll later. Come post with me in lots of threads. Thanks to everyone! I'm not gonna make a big list, just to all my posting chums! i luvs you all!

-huggles interference-

all the men and women, mostly women :wink:

goodnight!
-poofs into a cloud of smoke-

HOWWWWWWWWWw LONNNNNNNNNNNNG
TO SING THISSSSSS SONGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
damnit nooooo not you too :sad:

usamilo said:

For setlist variation, I agree that Lovetown was the bands high water mark. The '87 Joshua Tree was the tour that blew their popularity wide open. The album sounded so different from what was common during that period. If you saw them on that tour you knew you were part of a happening. The 92/93 Zoo TV thing was incredible in that it was such a departure from what they had done before, but still somehow U2. It was also the longest the U.S. had waited for a tour from the band up to that point. They managed to come back from that long abscence in big and successful way

It's a shame the long JT Tour --> ZooTV break was a sign of things to come. We can only hope that this time around, they record an album quickly and are soon on the road again. Consider me really jealous of everyone here who saw the JT and/or Lovetown Tours.

So what am I seeing here. There are like four people left and one of them is on the otherside of the world where it is already dark ther too?

timothius said:
South Africa officially saved it! :hyper:
Frankly, it doesn't seem like an earlier declaration from Ponting would have been enough.

So that delayed 200 for Hodge may have been moot.

timothius said:

Flying on bizzare airlines and not by beloved Air NZ. :sad:

Jetstar has some megasale on at the moment and runs Gold Coast -> Aucks.

Air New Zealand. :drool:

I don't think I really would like to fly Jetstar. More like Jetsfallapart.

timothius said:

True. I was written the year they wrote it. You have got me. Sprung. :(

Hahaha, you were written? I knew you were just an element of code on Interference. :shifty:

Axver said:

People who post owls. :coocoo:
hooters.jpg

usamilo said:
So what am I seeing here. There are like four people left and one of them is on the otherside of the world where it is already dark ther too?

Let's see, there's you, Khan, cleazer, Timo, and I. This is becoming awfully quiet. :(

Axver said:

It's a shame the long JT Tour --> ZooTV break was a sign of things to come. We can only hope that this time around, they record an album quickly and are soon on the road again. Consider me really jealous of everyone here who saw the JT and/or Lovetown Tours.

Well actually it was only a long break for people in the U.S. The rest of the world got them in between in 89/90. They didn't tour the U.S. because they were actually afraid of a backlash they had gotten so big. I think it was the almost two years they spent touring in 92 and 93 that set them up for a long break.

usamilo said:

Well actually it was only a long break for people in the U.S. The rest of the world got them in between in 89/90. They didn't tour the U.S. because they were actually afraid of a backlash they had gotten so big. I think it was the almost two years they spent touring in 92 and 93 that set them up for a long break.

Well, yeah, that's what I meant, that long-arse US break was just a sign of things to come with all of the subsequent tours. I'm really hoping that they manage to get an album out in 2007 and tour in 2008. A three year gap between tours, how rare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom