Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

OK, so I was a tad off. Tomorrow, apparently sunrise is 4:46am and sunset 6:42pm.

When I wake at 6am, it feels like bloody 8am anywhere else.

I live so far NORTH of the equator that during our summer we actually get close to 16 hours of daylight during the longest days.

After this I'm off like a dirty shirt my posting chums. I think we should leave it at lucky #7. Give us something easy to shoot for when the new sets start coming in a leg or two.

Lila64 said:
goodnight Meg :wave:

I think I'm out too. It's been a blast. Thanks to everyone!

6.gif

BAD! :drool:
Sweet dreams!

Gen. Chat said:
Thanks Queen Bee, Khanada, Lila, Axver, Gorman, Chrisedge, and everyone else who took part in set list parties this year. I’m taking a bit of a break so I’ll see everybody in 2006. Take care. :wave:

What will we do without our Gen. Chat? :sad:

Have a good one, wherever you're going! :wave:

KhanadaRhodes said:

no!! :mad:

you've been to more U2 concerts this tour than i ever have :sad:
Only 3. I'm a newb compared to the people who have been to like 3423423 this week alone. :eyebrow:

Plus I always feel funny that i'm so obsessed with U2 when i've really only been a huge fan since 2000. :lol: Oh well, at least i'm alive in the time of the greatest band in the world, how cool is that. :drool:

Wow, its just really hitting me now that this is all over. :sad:

Sad I am.

But still grateful. So completely grateful. I never thought I'd be so lucky as to see U2 ten times in one year!

usamilo said:

I live so far NORTH of the equator that during our summer we actually get close to 16 hours of daylight during the longest days.

When I flew into Chicago last May, it was about 8pm and I was absolutely AMAZED that it was still light at that time. In New Zealand, it would be light that late, but I've been in Queensland long enough that I'm no longer used to it being light past 7pm!

timothius said:
I should probably book some air tickets to Auckland at some point. :sigh:

Have you done this Axver? :hmm:

I plan to do it next week. Got to get Christmas out of the road first.

cleazer said:
Wow, its just really hitting me now that this is all over. :sad:

Sad I am.

But still grateful. So completely grateful. I never thought I'd be so lucky as to see U2 ten times in one year!

Isn't it?

What if something bad happens and they don't make a new album or tour. -knocks on wood-

this could be the last time America sees them. OH NO!

WE LUVS YOU! GODSPEED U2!

catlhere said:
Only 3. I'm a newb compared to the people who have been to like 3423423 this week alone. :eyebrow:

Plus I always feel funny that i'm so obsessed with U2 when i've really only been a huge fan since 2000. :lol: Oh well, at least i'm alive in the time of the greatest band in the world, how cool is that. :drool:
i've only been to two U2 shows :( one popmart, one vertigo :(

i've been a big U2 fan since 91 :drool: but alas i was too young/U2 didn't come to my town for me to see them during zoo tv. but hey, i saw the sydney show live on ppv (it was live, right? i can't remember) so that's cool. i guess.

catlhere said:

You might be surprised to learn that I wasn't a fanatic until 2003.

Axver said:

I plan to do it next week. Got to get Christmas out of the road first.

I've got it down to $400 including taxes (not NZ departure tax though which you have to pay there). Which is pretty reasonable. :)

For Xmas I'm getting 1 GA to Auckland I and $400 cash (in the form of a spare Auckland I ticket).

-adds his own snippets to Bad-

gooooodbyeee ruby tuesday, who could put a name on you

please to meet you! i hope you guess my name

They crawled out of the woodwork And they whispered into your brain

howwwww longggg to sing this songggg

Axver said:

Setlist-wise, you're looking for Lovetown. :drool:

Honestly? I've been listening through ZooTV bootlegs to list snippets on U2-Vertigo-Tour.com lately and I hate it.

For setlist variation, I agree that Lovetown was the bands high water mark. The '87 Joshua Tree was the tour that blew their popularity wide open. The album sounded so different from what was common during that period. If you saw them on that tour you knew you were part of a happening. The 92/93 Zoo TV thing was incredible in that it was such a departure from what they had done before, but still somehow U2. It was also the longest the U.S. had waited for a tour from the band up to that point. They managed to come back from that long abscence in big and successful way

KhanadaRhodes said:

But I was a casual fan all my life before that and I was born in the year of The Joshua Tree in the country of One Tree Hill! So THERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom