Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally don't care for rap all that much. Other than rock, my primary genre, I lean more toward older R&B/funk, old Motown. I really like Outkast a lot.

I thought I'd give Kanye a listen tonight to form my own opinion, and thanks to QB for giving me the opportunity to do so. :bow:

I like the album that's playing now more than the other one. It's more melodic, and tinged with R&B. Still, it's nothing I'd run out and buy. When he raps with just a steady beat, he sounds so monotone to me. The message might be great, but the delivery method isn't my preferred style.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party

GibsonGirl said:
Time to listen to some Shostakovich. Russian composers. :drool:

Can't say I'd mind a "discussion" of that. :wink:

By the way, I should be posting my own "discussion" later today. Probably tomorrow your time. :drool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party

GibsonGirl said:

You always miss the memo on these things. :hug:

Time to listen to some Shostakovich. Russian composers. :drool:

oooh, shostakovich is awesome.

VintagePunk said:
I generally don't care for rap all that much. Other than rock, my primary genre, I lean more toward older R&B/funk, old Motown. I really like Outkast a lot.

I thought I'd give Kanye a listen tonight to form my own opinion, and thanks to QB for giving me the opportunity to do so. :bow:

I like the album that's playing now more than the other one. It's more melodic, and tinged with R&B. Still, it's nothing I'd run out and buy. When he raps with just a steady beat, he sounds so monotone to me. The message might be great, but the delivery method isn't my preferred style.

I love older R&B

Marvin Gaye is still amazing and relevant to this day, and I wish my friends would give him a listen

U2dork said:

Uh, maybe... :uhoh:
What's the problem? If it involves too much brain power I can't help. I'm on vacation...:shifty:

:lol:

um for example

sin(a)= 2/3 (restricted between .5pi and pi) and tan(b)=3/5 (restricted between pi and 1.5pi)....find sin(a+b)

and the choices all have weird roots and fractions and stuff

:banghead: I just don't know how to start it

Anu said:

Maggie: what's your "field" within English Studies?
I wrote my thesis on utopian fiction and intentional communities, but my day job is comp, comp, comp, and more comp.

I'm in the third year of my PhD, with an emphasis on creative writing (fiction), and contemporary literature. I teach a little of everything--comp, introductory creative writing, and freshman-level literature classes.

I'm doing a collection of stories for my dissertation, but my big research interest is trauma studies.

In my spare time, I like daydreaming about Bono and long walks in the snow :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

thank you :hug:

1 down, 10 or so to go :sigh:

My mother used to threaten my brother and I with a wooden spoon. Worked wonders. This lady's idea: :madwife: would probably get the police involved. Wooden spoons = shorter bruise time :wink:

RUN KIDS!!!!

Axver said:

Alright, thank you!

Though this year, everyone discussing the Palace of Auburn Hills shows said they were in Detroit. So that confuses me a bit.

Detroit is a much bigger city than Auburn Hills, and many of thetravellers going to those shows would have stayed in Detroit. Plus it's easier for people to say Detroit and have people realize where it is compared to saying Auburn Hills. If U2 were playing in Paramatta instead of Sydney, most would say it was Sydney, while technically ti was not.

u2forlife said:
Barb is definitely in, but I don't know about Miro. Yeah, they did their "get my number and leave" thing again. Not surprising.

did they tighten the line while people were away?

it sucks that the weather was bad but if everyone else is suffering...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party

Axver said:

Can't say I'd mind a "discussion" of that. :wink:

By the way, I should be posting my own "discussion" later today. Probably tomorrow your time. :drool:

Why not? :sad: I'm sure you'd love to "discuss" Shostakovich's fifth symphony. :(

EDIT: :der: I think I read that incorrectly.

Oh, good. :drool: I love "discussing" music.

U2FloridaFan said:

Yup sami...hi...have you found that Miami show yet?

I don't have it, but the people I was with in line emailed me and he said he had an audio boot...I'm waiting for him to get back to me. I'll let you know if I get it :yes:

Thanks for the post Khanada - I couldn't agree more, especially tonite :hug:

welcome3.gif

Canadians1160
beau99 (lurker! :wink: )
Where'sTheLove
Cerveza (please share)
bucketobeer.gif

Reggie :hug: :sexywink:

U2dork said:
Grab a drink
Grab a glass
After that I grab yo ass...

:heart: it!

You my favorite accident.
:lol:

People may not like rap, but if you read his lyrics, they're clever and really well written. If only for the humor in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom