Phoenix I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver, the first concert of my life was Joshua Tree Tour, May of 1987. I was a big fan up until then, that show turned me into an even bigger one, it was unreal. I am a fan of all their music, all their eras, all their subsequent tours, but nothing will ever touch that night for me.

Hey - No Spoken

My first show was may 2nd Worcester. How about you?

hey all - age is a relative thing.

Last edited:
I plan to pass the U2 bug down for many generations continue to convert people to U2 it is just something I feel I need to do cause there is just so much bad music out there!

angel_28 said:

All my first U2 albums were on cassettes as well...lol YAY!

Achtung Baby was my first...i listened to One religously...:)

yes, me too! achtung baby and Zoo TV are what made me a U2 fan... to this day, AB is still my absolute favorite album. complete perfection. :wink:

first U2 show - think it was the 'War' tour (83?). Played the LA Sports Arena, and The Alarm opened. Bono climbed up to the loge level with a flag/pole. For some reason I missed them most of the rest of the 80s :sad:

Roland of Gilead said:
My sources tell me that there are no sources at this show. :(

i have a source, she is just not calling me!!! which makes it all the more frustrating!

oh well, i guess she is enjoying herself too much to call. i asked her to just leave her phone on and put it in her pocket, but she said she has no pockets as she's wearing a skirt. who wears a skirt to a GA show?? :huh:

Folks, I have to get going in a few minutes.....one last time, anyone want to volunteer to receive the set list as it occurs from your truly tomorrow night? If so, let me know.....

for those who have been to a show alreayd this tour....on 'Blinding Lights'....do they the "ohhh ohhh ohhhh" (right before the OH YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL) part...or is it taped lik e the "woohoo's" were on Elevation?

I want to take my daughter to the November L.A. shows (she'll be 11 by then), but I still want GA, and if we wouldn't get in the ellipse, she won't see a thing. Maybe I'll get Daddy to go too and they can buy seats while Mommy rocks out on the floor. Yeah... that's sounds like a plan! (Unless bringing a kid in with you = automatic ellipse entry... :hmm: )

*Ally* said:

yes, me too! achtung baby and Zoo TV are what made me a U2 fan... to this day, AB is still my absolute favorite album. complete perfection. :wink:

Oh my god yeah Zooropa was second...then i would listen to Stay..religously..lol
Till i got ZooTv live from Sydeny...and i played that video a good 2 or 3 times a week...its no wonder the video still works...:lol:

I have an inside source from bigloader!

source.jpg

No spoken words said:
Folks, I have to get going in a few minutes.....one last time, anyone want to volunteer to receive the set list as it occurs from your truly tomorrow night? If so, let me know.....

I'll be at the Dodger game. Then I will be on a plane to Arizona Saturday morning. My timing for this trip - could I have planned a little and made it to a concert or two in AZ.? Noooooooooooooooo:banghead:

angel_28 said:

Oh my god yeah Zooropa was second...then i would listen to Stay..religously..lol
Till i got ZooTv live from Sydeny...and i played that video a good 2 or 3 times a week...its no wonder the video still works...:lol:

totally! i think that we are of the same "U2 Generation"... ;)

anyway, i'm heading to bed everyone. thanks again, No Spoken Words, for offering to text the setlist... it is much appreciated!!! :)

I should go...but my torrent is at 95%...damn it!...and i want to know what songs are being played tonight :hmm:...and i love talking to all of you here!...:)

here's a primative update. Not 100%. And out of order in some (or all) cases. Also might be missing songs.

01. Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Boy (my guess is he said Stories for Boys but I'm not sure. Boy is all I heard)
COBL (definately before BD)
Beautiful Day (playing now)

Farn said:
here's a primative update. Not 100%. And out of order in some (or all) cases. Also might be missing songs.

01. Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Boy (my guess is he said Stories for Boys but I'm not sure. Boy is all I heard)
COBL (definately before BD)
Beautiful Day (playing now)

Stories for Boys is usually the snippet during Vertigo....from what I hear (from the Anahiem show)

Back
Top Bottom